God Bless America(movie)

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
THANK YOU LORD GOD IN HEAVEN FOR THIS MOVIE YOU HAVE BESTOWED UPON US

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Looks great, think this was posted in a thread in the war room last week.

The war room: where all the cool people (not spin) are.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Looks great, think this was posted in a thread in the war room last week.

The war room: where all the cool people (not spin) are.

Hey I almost have a life now. I don't see everything in the warroom like I used too.

p.s. you come at me like that again and I'll shoot you

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i think it was in the 'longest thread'.

hell. just the trailer deserves its own thread.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
It was a nice trailer....only there wasn't enough guns and not nearly enough dead american retards.

Kudos to Bobcat Goldthwait for becoming part of the solution; not since Idiocracy can the average joe bumfuck see how stupid he and his world appears to outsiders.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The trailer looks like if they made Falling Down now with more dark comedy. I love it. I hate watching all this reality TV bullshit shows, so after seeing clips of My Super Sweet 16 and having a guy go out killing people in those stupid shows makes me happy. I know it's going to get TONS of flack from cable news but fuck em'.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Bobcat is an awesome director, Worlds Greatest Dad is hilarious. I have faith in this new movie, I've seen a lot of people talking shit about it but they seem to not get the movie or examine it too closely without grasping the overall context.

Haters etc.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Bobcat is an awesome director, Worlds Greatest Dad is hilarious. I have faith in this new movie, I've seen a lot of people talking shit about it but they seem to not get the movie or examine it too closely without grasping the overall context.

Haters etc.

worlds greatest dad was awesome (and also on netflix streaming!). Also if ya'll havent seen it yet, check out 'shakes the clown' it is pretty old now, but it's freaking great still.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Looks like just about any wild west movies except in the modern settings.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
I just went and saw that you posted it in the longest thread. Sorry.
No need for apologies, Spin. This movie looks to be frigging awesome and I hope the internet buzz gets so crazy that this movie hits big, stunning all those soulless hacks in Hollywood who shovel out mindless dreck and we get to see more stuff like this being made.

Basically, I want the word on this flick to keep spreading, especially when it continues to get positive feedback like this:
Don’t you dare apologize for posting this. Ever.
:lolz:

Heck, the only downside so far is Shadowhawk decided to saunter on in and give us yet some more of his literary pearls of wisdom.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Had to bump this post from the grave. The movie is up now on Netflix Instant Streaming. Gonna go check it out. I've heard it was good, but I'll judge it for myself.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Had to bump this post from the grave. The movie is up now on Netflix Instant Streaming. Gonna go check it out. I've heard it was good, but I'll judge it for myself.

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it. The only downside for me was:
Spoiler:
Being a low budget movie, seeing a lot of scenes taking place in the same area in SoCal threw me off.

Other than that, I would recommend it as good movie to rent or watch at least once.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I watched it last night, it was pretty good. Bobcat makes some seriously good points in the film...granted, I think the complaints are ones most "normal" people already know.

What bothers me is that we are already living in the world of the film Idocracy and most don't realize it. Our society does reward being an asshole, public manners are all but gone and the good people (what's left that is) are forced to tolerate the growing masses of inconsiderate assholes in the name of "freedom of speech". It sucks.

What really stuck in my head was the movie theater scene where the group of teens come in and act like complete morons...when the main character gets angry about it, they turn on him like he is the asshole. I see this often. Asshole acts like and asshole and when the normal guy makes mention of it, society turns on him, like his anger is unjustified and unacceptable.

America really does suck anymore...

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
people should really watch Bobcat's "World's Greatest Dad" which is also on Instant

both are excellent films

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Oh damn thanks for the update! Gonna go watch it now.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
just saw it. what an excellent watch.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I felt the movie was a bit too light-hearted. It was more of a comedy for me than something dark, which is what I would have preferred.

Spoiler:
I think if he killed his daughter and wife, it would've really sent the message that the guy was really over the edge with the way the world is evolving. I also thought it was stupid that the doctor called him back to tell him he was wrong with his diagnosis. What did that add to the story? The ending was also anti-climatic, imo. They may as well have played cartoon effects and music throughout the whole movie. I really didn't even care when people died, even though many of the people were assholes that I wanted to see die. I was left not caring about anything.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I felt the movie was a bit too light-hearted. It was more of a comedy for me than something dark, which is what I would have preferred.

Spoiler:
I think if he killed his daughter and wife, it would've really sent the message that the guy was really over the edge with the way the world is evolving. I also thought it was stupid that the doctor called him back to tell him he was wrong with his diagnosis. What did that add to the story? The ending was also anti-climatic, imo. They may as well have played cartoon effects and music throughout the whole movie. I really didn't even care when people died, even though many of the people were assholes that I wanted to see die. I was left not caring about anything.

Yeah I've got to agree with you there. It didn't add to the plot at all and was just kinda shoveled in there. Didn't really make sense. Also the ex-wife and daughter thing threw me off too.

It had some loose threads but overall it was good movie. Gonna go ahead and watch Bobcats other movies now.