Ghostlop homecarts etc...

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
http://www.neogeofans.com/leforum/showthread.php?threadid=8814&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Looks like our French brothers are ahead of us...

usglcrew.jpg

Can Chamane and HPMan fill us in on this one?

Discuss (20 + pages please):buttrock: :glee:

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
kenny boy had a teaser pic of one in one of his auctions.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
okay, i read that, he made 10 aes and 5 mvs after dumping the proto he bought, he wants 765 euro for the aes cart.

SNKJorge

c.t.h said:
okay, i read that, he made 10 aes and 5 mvs after dumping the proto he bought, he wants 765 euro for the aes cart.

10 JP too right?
It looks like he bought it from Billy Pitt.
Looks like everyone is kinda mad. Should I say NGF FR?:loco:

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
yeah, so 25 total.

I take it they didn't want us americans to know about it, because the post is rather old :rolleyes:

SNKJorge

c.t.h said:
yeah, so 25 total.

I take it they didn't want us americans to know about it, because the post is rather old :rolleyes:

It's about 19 pages long, from July to Dec '03.
I'm pretty sure Chamane & HPMan Co. will let us know
what's going on?

Or can they noy comment? :tickled:

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Heh, probably won't talk about it.

But I don't get how the news didn't get over here.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
He wants almost a thousand bucks for each game - that's 25 grand. He says he isn't making more than 25, but if he can get that much a game, probably he will.

It's unofficial, I don't have any idea why anybody would pay that much for it.

SNKJorge

c.t.h said:
He wants almost a thousand bucks for each game - that's 25 grand. He says he isn't making more than 25, but if he can get that much a game, probably he will.

It's unofficial, I don't have any idea why anybody would pay that much for it.

Specially for a boot/conversion?
not even real mvs.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Yeah,

he probably just sacced a cheap cart like kof 95 for it, since it wouldn't need the encryption chip. You can buy an eprom burner for 70 bucks. Not that hard, I don't think...

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
I'm surprised you guys didn't hear about this already. We were discussing it in chat quite some time ago. There was even a discussion of people wanting to whip around, buy one, and dump it. I know the people involved didn't want it to be mentioned on the boards incase the bootleggers got wind and decided to not sell to them, but hell, HPMAN isn't stupid, I can imagine he already assumed someone would try this anway.

Eh, no interest in any of that personally. I'm not a huge puzzle gamer, and there's no hope of owning a legit one.

Last edited:
xtoo_short20x said:
10 JP too right?
It looks like he bought it from Billy Pitt.
Looks like everyone is kinda mad. Should I say NGF FR?:loco:

It's not NGF FR because the color code is wrong, Red is for fighters according to Dion.

It's more like a french eletist version of Japhei since these carts are nothing more than fancy boots.

I hope someone leaks teh romz asap.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I found this interesting. Why wouldn't SNKP grab this one by the horns? Release this bitch!

Word Mark GHOSTLOP
Goods and Services (ABANDONED) IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: hand-held video game machines, coin-operated arcade video game machines, video output game machine kits comprising game decals and printed circuit boards for use with arcade machines; video output game machine cartridge kits comprising game decals and printed circuit boards for use with arcade machines
(ABANDONED) IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: video game software, video game cartridges, video game diskettes, video game CD-ROMs, electronic interactive games for dedicated home video game machines and personal computers; video game printed circuit boards, video output game machines for use with television and computers

Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 75196564
Filing Date November 12, 1996
Filed ITU FILED AS ITU
Published for Opposition May 12, 1998
Owner (APPLICANT) Data East Corporation KABUSHIKI KAISHA JAPAN 5-11-17 Oglkubo Suginamiku Tokyo 167 JAPAN
Attorney of Record SHELDON R MEYER
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Abandonment Date February 5, 1999

SNKJorge

Time to raid Fr.

T_Smallz said:
I found this interesting. Why wouldn't SNKP grab this one by the horns? Release this bitch!

Word Mark GHOSTLOP
Goods and Services (ABANDONED) IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: hand-held video game machines, coin-operated arcade video game machines, video output game machine kits comprising game decals and printed circuit boards for use with arcade machines; video output game machine cartridge kits comprising game decals and printed circuit boards for use with arcade machines
(ABANDONED) IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: video game software, video game cartridges, video game diskettes, video game CD-ROMs, electronic interactive games for dedicated home video game machines and personal computers; video game printed circuit boards, video output game machines for use with television and computers

Serial Number 75196564
Filed ITU FILED AS ITU
Owner (APPLICANT) Data East Corporation KABUSHIKI KAISHA JAPAN 5-11-17 Oglkubo Suginamiku Tokyo 167 JAPAN
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
T_Smallz said:

Word Mark GHOSTLOP

Serial Number 75196564
Filed ITU FILED AS ITU
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD

So the IP was abandoned and noone has the rights to the game....interesting. This is one of the rare occasions that this isn't a violation of any laws.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I already have TEH ROMZ...

Well, not seriously :loco:

I think this is insane. 765€? Yeah, right. And then HPMAN complains about !Arcade releasing bootleg BAM's ... :eek_2: Now to mention the carts he had to sacrifice... :oh_no: .

I guess he wants to recover the money he spent on buying the proto, but this is plain wrong. :shame:

If the roms can be downloaded, I'll give a try. Otherwise, I'm not paying more than 50$ shipped for a bootleg MVS. Fuck it... :angry:

I guess that if I had a car I could drive to France and have a look at it as well... :lol:

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
No no, that just means the word Ghostlop is no longer trademarked. The game still belongs to Data East/Data East IP holders.

SNKJorge

Chamane is the buyer
HPMan is the tecnician

They both probably spli 50/50

Amano Jacu said:
I already have TEH ROMZ...

Well, not seriously :loco:

I think this is insane. 765€? Yeah, right. And then HPMAN complains about !Arcade releasing bootleg BAM's ... :eek_2: Now to mention the carts he had to sacrifice... :oh_no: .

I guess he wants to recover the money he spent on buying the proto, but this is plain wrong. :shame:

If the roms can be downloaded, I'll give a try. Otherwise, I'm not paying more than 50$ shipped for a bootleg MVS. Fuck it... :angry:

I guess that if I had a car I could drive to France and have a look at it as well... :lol:

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Isn't it kind of hypocritical for HPman to be on arcades back for bootleg puzzle bobble conversions and sac's when he aided with this? o_O

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
c.t.h said:
No no, that just means the word Ghostlop is no longer trademarked. The game still belongs to Data East/Data East IP holders.

Under copyright law, if I game is abandoned by the developer then the developer must destroy all sources of game code..protos...whatever. After that anything that leaked out is considered open game pretty much.

SNKJorge

c.t.h said:
Isn't it kind of hypocritical for HPman to be on arcades back for bootleg puzzle bobble conversions and sac's when he aided with this? o_O

That's right. I remember he put some hate comment about
Ray Young aka !arcade! on his sig the other day.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
c.t.h said:

So true...I wonder if he is going to come in to try to explain the situation?