"Getting Out of Your Element" Fighting Game of the Month

You guys interested in playing Fighting games with characters we don't often use?

• No, this is dumb, go fuck yourself Mugi.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Hi guys

I proposed an idea in another thread about playing Fighting games a bit differently than we are used to.

basically the idea is we pick a game, we state who the main characters we use for that game are, or by playstyle (i.e. Ryu/Ken moveset chars). Then we pick characters we rarely/never use and go for a 1cc. The purpose of stating the chars we normally use is so that we can issue challenges to each other. for example:

Lets say Xmen vs SF, I generally play cyclops and cammy. So another member could challenge me to play Zangief and Juggernaut to see how far I can get.

Maybe some of us are good with everyone, no problem it's not really a competition, lets just see how far we get with characters we tend to overlook.

so, what do you guys think?

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
i like this idea. i always play a game and beat it with every character b4 i put it back on the shelf but im no master with every guy. i love playn the more unique guys that not everyone picks that way its harder for someone to beat me cause they aint sure how that character i pick plays. this sounds like alot of fun and ill deff be in on this every month as long as i have the game :)

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
This sounds like a good idea. Most people tend to choose a certain character/fighting style and never change (me!) so it would force me to try different characters and different play styles. It will definitely breathe life into some games I've played into the ground before.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
i like this idea. i always play a game and beat it with every character b4 i put it back on the shelf but im no master with every guy. i love playn the more unique guys that not everyone picks that way its harder for someone to beat me cause they aint sure how that character i pick plays. this sounds like alot of fun and ill deff be in on this every month as long as i have the game :)

wow I definitely don't have your tenacity. Alot of times even when I play with chars I rarely use or don't like, I tend to give up quickly and go back to the mainstays, I figure with the challenge aspect it might push me/us to play further than we would normally. I noticed this during the the shmups of the month. Some of the games were really hard or I just didn't really like em, but I challenged myself to keep playing even if only just to participate.

dipindods

yeah im kinda a fighting game guy and love to know how to play every character. if its a neo game or cps2 it wont go back on shelf till i beat it with every guy. just love being a well rounded player thats all :)
maybe since we aint going for scores maybe we can pick like 3 or so a month so theres more selections of games since everyone wont have them all and if you complete one u can try another. maybe a 1cc and score given if accomplished?

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
I like karatemen games. Might be tickled to participate if I have teh games.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I like karatemen games. Might be tickled to participate if I have teh games.

welcome aboard gief! yer gonna have a lot of different names by the time this is over, ECRose.....ECSodom....:tickled:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I play randoms alot, so i don't ever mind using the b-side...

Also a jugs/gief team on xmvsf, is a pretty bad ass team.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm playing KOF 2003 using Iori,Terry, and King as my my team. Anyone got an off the wall team for me to try?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
What fighting game are we going to play first?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
glad you guys are interested! I've been a littlle busy lately and a lot of my game stuff had to get stored away for my father-in-law's coming visit, so I was planning to give this an official "green-light" next month, however there's still a couple weeks left in this month, why don't we try to get a mini round going?

So instead of the shmup and bmup of the month where one person nominates games, why don't we have everyone participating just nominate something and we'll try it with 2 or 3 of the most popular choices. Since we are aren't keeping track of score, I don't see why we couldnt host 2-3 games per month, but I'd rather not go over that number just to keep some focus on those particular games and to strive harder if some characters aren't working out for us.

how's that sound?

and if we wanna get started now, I say since we are NG.com and the neo has more fighters than anything else, lets start with a neo game! how about Sam Sho 2?

let me know what you guys think :)

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Cool. Like you say we're not going for score or whatever so 2-3 games a month sounds good. SamSho2 is good to get the ball rolling. Although I probably wouldn't be able to get started until next month as I'm away with work for the next 2 weeks starting Monday.

I'd like to nominate X-Men Children of the Atom for next month though:)

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
SS2 for now and CotA for (one of) the game(s) next month sounds good to me...I actually have both of those and wouldn't mind getting out of my comfort zone on either :)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
damn. cota is a good game for this, but I'm gonna be sending my board off to Darksoft soon :) I should stay be able to play it though. Keep nominating games, We'll start this official next month, for the rest of this month we can keep it in this thread.

Alright, I've got the next 2 days off. I normally play Haohmaru or Nakoruru. So who am I gonna be now? :D

oh and not that it really needs to be mentioned but defualt settings of course.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm down for SSII.

dipindods

ss2 is a great game to start. its actually in my big red now i was playn yesterday. cota and any capcom game is a great choice too. as for ss2 i say how about cham cham? i played her about last week ( cause i have to beat game with every charcter) for the first time and surprisingly she was alot of fun to play.
otherwise how about earthquake? i havent played him since ss1 so he is someone i need to practice with

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I have SF 2 Hyper Fighting, Street Fighter 2 turbo, X-men vs Street Fighter, Alpha 2 & 3.

My character has always been Zangief, so pretty much any character would be new to me.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
ss2 is a great game to start. its actually in my big red now i was playn yesterday. cota and any capcom game is a great choice too. as for ss2 i say how about cham cham? i played her about last week ( cause i have to beat game with every charcter) for the first time and surprisingly she was alot of fun to play.
otherwise how about earthquake? i havent played him since ss1 so he is someone i need to practice with

Cham Cham is a beast in that game.I would second Earthquake though.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I want to play some Capcom Vs SNK 2 tonight, I normally play as Ken, Kim, and Terry. Someone give me another team to use.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Alright dip and guts, cham and quake it is! I'll report back in a bit

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I want to play some Capcom Vs SNK 2 tonight, I normally play as Ken, Kim, and Terry. Someone give me another team to use.

since all of those characters are available in CvS1, how about a team made up of only new entrants? maybe, kyosuke, eagle, rock?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
back to report in.

I may have used cham cham once before in all my life, and I don't think I've ever used earthquake. I had fun really pushing myself with both characters. I couldn't make it past the haohmaru in the second fight with either character though :( but in all fairness, I have never 1cc'd any SNK fighter on default difficulty.

I was surprised how fast earthquake was still due to his size.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
COTAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!11!!!11--~~~~~~~~~~~~