Getting Mono Sound to work on a Q-Sound Capcom Cabinet

tbogard99

New Challenger
I was wondering if someone could help me or direct me to a good place for help. I recently bought one of the USA Big Blue Q-Sound enabled Capcom cabinets that I believe were made with CPS2 games in mind (link to pic below). It is a great cabinet, however the only drawback seems to be that it will only output in stereo sound with RCA red & white cables. If I plug in a Jamma board that has no seperate audio connections, I get no sound. Has anyone ever had to modify a cabinet to allow both types of sound (mono sound through jamma) and (stereo through RCA plugs)?

http://www.mamedb.com/cabinets.small/mvsc.jpeg

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
I don't know a whole buttload about these cabinets, BUT... I had a cab that was the same way, it had RCA jacks, but if you followed the jacks down the wire harness, it came to a quick disconnect, which was paired with another quick disconnect. If you switched the QDs, it would switch from RCA sound to internal sound.

Again, I'm not sure if your cab is designed the same way, but you could try looking for something like that.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Easiest solution:

Install a third speaker right off the JAMMA harness

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
I had one of these cabinets as well, some of them have mono/stereo switches but mine did not... so I had to actually rewire the speakers when my Qsound board stopped working. Simple enough procedure but not one you want to do if you plan on using the CPS Q sound again.

I would just figure out a wiring solution that would allow you to easily switch back and forth between the two at ease.

JazzyNYC

Kabuki Klasher
I was wondering if someone could help me or direct me to a good place for help. I recently bought one of the USA Big Blue Q-Sound enabled Capcom cabinets that I believe were made with CPS2 games in mind (link to pic below). It is a great cabinet, however the only drawback seems to be that it will only output in stereo sound with RCA red & white cables. If I plug in a Jamma board that has no seperate audio connections, I get no sound. Has anyone ever had to modify a cabinet to allow both types of sound (mono sound through jamma) and (stereo through RCA plugs)?

http://www.mamedb.com/cabinets.small/mvsc.jpeg

Welcome to the Big Blue owners club!!!

I think we need a special thread dedicated to it.

Anyway, I was actually wondering the same thing, as I'm in the same boat. Any standard Jamma game runs, but without sound.

Would you post a pic of your rig?? I'm interested to see other peoples big blue setups.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What I did with my BB was easy enough for anyone to use. I made a custom wire out of the jamma sound that connects to RCA jacks then I bought a splitter and tada! simulated stereo out of a mono source!