Getting back into collecting.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Wolf was from the nova area i believe. Proud owner of a 25 grand bootleg kizuna encounter

• Wow
Reactions: wyo

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah Wolf was nuts. I did a couple of deals with him and talked to him on the phone a couple times. He seemed alright but definitely like the kind of guy that would show up with a bulletproof briefcase to buy a video game lol.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Dull. Lasted mere seconds

It is a lot! It's not a lot
Jesus stfu

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
55 G's..Dayuuuuuum! Too bad he can't chop the game up up into itty bitty pieces and sell some if it off from time to time to get back some cash on the investment.
BB

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What if we could replicate the smell of new AES carts? Would you really need to own them if you could just cram that smell into your nose.
What if we could chemically recreate the same smell and taste of a well-aged whiskey or wine in a fraction of the time? Would you buy it? Probably not. You're paying for all the natural aging and stuff.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Remember the emulation brigade that used to butt into every thread telling you that your original system won't last forever? (They were right - mostly because of capacitors.) It seems they've been replaced with Team Mister these days. In every thread, the Mister folks show up to remind you.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Remember the emulation brigade that used to butt into every thread telling you that your original system won't last forever? (They were right - mostly because of capacitors.) It seems they've been replaced with Team Mister these days
that or they create threads about going back into collecting and regretting selling all their stuff in the 2000s :D

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Top Player's Golf is a decent game, which is an incredible feat given the numerous terrible golf games that existed up to 1990. How can you not love the excellent FM music?

Neo Turf Masters is the most overrated Neo game I've ever played. It constantly holds your hand and makes you want to gouge your ears out with a spoon with that "ON DA GWEEN" shit.

Kiss my ass, I don't care if you're upset.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Top Player's Golf is a decent game, which is an incredible feat given the numerous terrible golf games that existed up to 1990. How can you not love the excellent FM music?

Neo Turf Masters is the most overrated Neo game I've ever played. It constantly holds your hand and makes you want to gouge your ears out with a spoon with that "ON DA GWEEN" shit.

Nancy vs the caddie from TPG, who would win in a fight? I put my money on the 2-player version of the caddie, with the tooth.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I then spent £100 having a UniBios fitted

That’s high. I got a mates rates £20 job last year, but even then usually its £40 to £60. Did they recap your system or anything else?

So its worth the £150 ish it goes for now? Interesting…

View attachment 9BCC24A0-A4FD-4D50-AEBF-B9DC9A3D0D0B.webp

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Remember the emulation brigade that used to butt into every thread telling you that your original system won't last forever? (They were right - mostly because of capacitors.) It seems they've been replaced with Team Mister these days. In every thread, the Mister folks show up to remind you.
And they are also right.

Not really much of an issue with console games yet but arcade board failure rates are increasing. I have a stack of CPS1 games. Plugging them in and turning them on is like playing Russian roulette.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

Bravo sir. I don't think I've ever heard a man so upset by a golf game before - I'd hate to see your reaction to morning coffee you didn't like. And for the record BTG/NTM is an amazing game - $15k+ amazing, certainly not, but then again big tymer Neo AES is about collecting and not playing. And if all you want to do is play the games, then MVS is always there with super reasonable prices for most games so raging against AES prices when you just want to play the games strikes a little inconsistent.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Yeah, if you're going to spend the stupid money to buy AES carts (which no one should at this point), don't cheap out on a $30 cable to play them on. Get an OSSC or a Retrotink 5x.
I keep hearing good things about Retrotink. Has the affordability finally got there?

sirlynxalot

Enemy Chaser
Fagit of the Year
And they are also right.

Not really much of an issue with console games yet but arcade board failure rates are increasing. I have a stack of CPS1 games. Plugging them in and turning them on is like playing Russian roulette.
Anything beyond typical age issues like caps and batteries leaking, damaging traces?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
And they are also right.

This x1000, I should have never got back into arcade pcbs in late 2016. Same issue with me, it was like every month a pcb would have some sort of an issue. After having like 5 or 6 boards fixed I said fuck this shit and got out while I could before anymore took a shit on me.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
This x1000, I should have never got back into arcade pcbs in late 2016. Same issue with me, it was like every month a pcb would have some sort of an issue. After having like 5 or 6 boards fixed I said fuck this shit and got out while I could before anymore took a shit on me.
Same thing happened to me. I lost a small fortune to arcade pcbs and crts dying over the years. It's why I do mister and lcds now. Yeah it's not the same but they just work and there's a lot to be said about that.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The only arcade stuff I have left are 4 bootlegs; Progear, ESPGaluda, Ketsui and DOJ, I'll never buy another expensive PCB. Luckily I have already pretty much owned everything I wanted over the years and am more than happy to play those games via alternative methods. A lot of PCBs are getting up there in age and there's no way around failing components no matter how clean or well stored the game. Now all I need is a nice 4:3 flat panel to put in my Blast Cities and they should be good until I'm either dead or too old to play them.

Last edited:

dreamstationx

Marked Wolf
20 Year Member
Now, if I had a dollar for every time I read that on this site I'd have enough money to buy my stuff back.

Kinda should be the motto of this forum:

Neo-Geo.com: You should have never sold your stuff
@Tarma; I REALLY shouldn't have sold stuff I did..!! Back in 2002, when I joined, I shared a sales post and I remember you slating me (convinced I worked for Raven Games) as I was selling a US English Metal Slug 1 AES on ebay and used the pictures off this NeoStore.. and you were right to and to be dubious too looking back as it did look like a scam..!! I think we had much better and more friendly chats / relationship after that in those days when Rot was around too... But truth was that really wasn't a scam.. I bought it for about $750 from AI Trading GoldenShop in Japan and it was 100% legit.. think it did about a grand just over on ebay. I used the neostore pics as I ordered it and wanted it up for sale ASAP as back then.. this was pre-paypal so I did a bank transfer (at a bank!) and that was an insane amount of money back then... now man how I wish I had kept that..! I also bought a collection off Frazer Rhodes and met him in person to exchange.. got an Mslug 2 and X both in English along with Pulstar, Blazing Star, Big Tournament Golf and Stakes Winner 2 and many more... sold the lot. Probably seemed a lot at the time but man, I could pay off my mortgage now with it all... :cry:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Other than selling off some Japanese duplicates I have, I’m glad I kept the NG games I have and don’t plan on getting rid of them any time soon.

I do regret amassing so many CPS1/2 games now that mister can play those. They take up so much space, are a pain in the ass to set up and play compared to other games, and worst of all are horrible to ship which makes selling a board for $100 feel break even.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
@Tarma; I REALLY shouldn't have sold stuff I did..!! Back in 2002, when I joined, I shared a sales post and I remember you slating me (convinced I worked for Raven Games) as I was selling a US English Metal Slug 1 AES on ebay and used the pictures off this NeoStore.. and you were right to and to be dubious too looking back as it did look like a scam..!! I think we had much better and more friendly chats / relationship after that in those days when Rot was around too... But truth was that really wasn't a scam.. I bought it for about $750 from AI Trading GoldenShop in Japan and it was 100% legit.. think it did about a grand just over on ebay. I used the neostore pics as I ordered it and wanted it up for sale ASAP as back then.. this was pre-paypal so I did a bank transfer (at a bank!) and that was an insane amount of money back then... now man how I wish I had kept that..! I also bought a collection off Frazer Rhodes and met him in person to exchange.. got an Mslug 2 and X both in English along with Pulstar, Blazing Star, Big Tournament Golf and Stakes Winner 2 and many more... sold the lot. Probably seemed a lot at the time but man, I could pay off my mortgage now with it all... :cry:

You put MS up for sale before you even had it in hand to take pictures? Real classy.