Getting back into collecting.

dreamstationx

Marked Wolf
20 Year Member
You put MS up for sale before you even had it in hand to take pictures? Real classy.
Yeah I know... What a dick move looking back..!! It was a month's salary back then though and once id transferred the money, I was so worried about getting it sold asap I just grabbed any snaps and stuck it on ebay. And yeah, I bought it just to flip it but hey-ho times were really tough then and it worked.. and when I say worked I made about £300 maybe so that seemed unbelievable at the time... but man I wish I had kept it..!

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
and when I say worked I made about £300 maybe so that seemed unbelievable at the time... but man I wish I had kept it..!

Yeah, a US slug today is basically priceless.

Closest thing I've ever had to that was back in the day Best Buy had a giant bin just full of Earthbounds for $5/each

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I kept all of my MVS games, although I quit collecting for several years, and now regret not picking up a couple of titles. Thankfully, I did pick up the majority of what I wanted. I did unload all of my Nintendo boards, but still have loads of CPS2. I have thought about unloading them, as I don't see much purpose in holding onto them now.

I am at the point now I am trying to decide if I should just build a decent multicade and sell the majority of my arcade gear. The only thing right now I dont really see myself selling is my MVS and a decent portion of the MVS games. I enjoy them too much.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Yeah, a US slug today is basically priceless.

Closest thing I've ever had to that was back in the day Best Buy had a giant bin just full of Earthbounds for $5/each

So is one with a fucked insert, label and manual now considered a bargain at £9k?

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member

So is one with a fucked insert, label and manual now considered a bargain at £9k?

IMO, yes. Assuming it's real. Even JPN Slugs go for five digits these days.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Looks like a conversion in shit condition. The insert, label and manual ain't right and the boards look hand-soldered.