Get The Evil Within 2 NOW- Before Halloween!!!

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
This game is a 10+ in my book. It is selling horribly because the first game left a bad taste in gamer's mouths, BUT- they fixed everything that was wrong with the first game.

Don't miss out on it, once you settle into it, you will be AMAZED!

Buy buy buy. :buttrock:

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I loved the 1st one what exactly was wrong with it? And its that good the sequel

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
First one ran like utter shit and the story was a mess. I still also generally liked it, but it was kind of a clusterfuck.

Sequel is really good, indeed. Nice to play a game that still embraces survival horror and does it right.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I loved the 1st one what exactly was wrong with it? And its that good the sequel

A lot of people thought it was frustrating, I liked it when it came out, except for the painfully slow beginning where you had to run and hide from the butcher guy- I just don't like run and hide passive play mechanics.

And YES the sequel is THAT good. Watch some vids of TEW 2 with the 'many headed monster' and 'the camera killer'- You won't be disappointed- I promise.

Edit: I found this vid- it has the crazy headed awesomeness and a little glimpse of the killer that takes pics of people while he kills them. They are both grade A+ scary awesome. Look- starts at 1:55 on the Youtube vid:

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I was a big fan of the first one despite its flaws. I definitely want the second one but im sitting on too many games right now to buy it.

Glad to here they solved many of the issues

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I liked the first one. Everyone's a god damn critic. Looking forward to this sequel, I might get it soon but there's some other games taking priority ATM, once I have a free spot for a modern game I'll get it. Is there any co-op multiplayer and stuff?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I didn't play the first one, will I be missing much if I skip it and go to the sequel?

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I want to play this, but I'd like to play number one first. Trying to find a good deal on it somewhere.

I think it runs a lot better now too, especially if you have the PS4 Pro.

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Big fan of the first. Took me back to 2005 when I first played Resident Evil 4. I'm loving the second one even more. Completed it twice already. Survival and a speed run. I'm currently doing Classic Mode which is fucking intense since you are limited to 7 save slots and you're not able to upgrade your character or weapons. At chapters 6 now with 5 save slots left.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I played through the first one , including the DLC, twice and hated the core game both times but really loved the DLC where you play as the woman (don't remember her name).

Let me ask a question about the story. I am really negative about boiler plate 'rescue the daughter' stories, especially in video games. Those kinds of stories and stories where the protagonist is a female trying to live up to her father's reputation are so trite. Now, I loved The Last of Us because Ellie and Joel formed a relationship onscreen that ultimately served as his return to humanity and all of our species' inherent qualities and flaws. So I CAN enjoy that kind of story so long as its presented in an interesting way.

Does The Evil Within 2 have a 'good' (for lack of a better term) daughter rescue narrative? Or is it boiler plate?

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
Good to read a solid recommendation. I haven't read up yet on EW2, but I really enjoyed the first. I was stupid enough on my first playthrough to go for the gold trophy that requires you to NOT upgrade anything. Hard as fuck, especially towards the end, but damn what a satisfying trophy that was to unlock.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I saw the trailers and read some reviews. Looks really good. I'll wait for a sale. Plus I'm working on Hellblade at the moment.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
OP never responded to my question so I saw the game on sale during Black Friday and begrudgingly picked it up.

I thought the first one was terrible, but it had a lot of solid ideas that could serve as a springboard for a great game.

I'm only in Act 3 of The Evil Within 2 and I'm already more impressed with it than I was the first one. It starts off very linear, and maybe borrows a few too many beats from the first game's introduction, but once you get into Union and aren't being interrupted by cutscenes and three second events and just have the freedom to move around, gather resources and avoid direct conflict, it's very engrossing.

I still don't know how I feel about Sebastian learning his daughter is still alive, thereby establishing the narrative as a rescue tale. I'm really quite done with this kind of story unless it's presented in an unusual or unique light (like The Last of Us, but I think the story is tighter, I'm less confused about what's going on and the game's level composition and progression don't feel like they've been improvised based on whatever Mikami was feeling at the moment of conception.

Resident Evil 7 was a great game, but unlike many I don't feel it's a 'return' to the series' roots. The Evil Within 2 is the closest to a RE experience I've had since, what, Resident Evli 4? This game has great atmosphere and tension and just the right amount of exploration, puzzle solving and backtracking to create a sense of familiarity without sacrificing any of the dread.

So far, so good.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The story is kind of bonkers, to be honest. It has a real hard time picking a villain and sticking with it, but it somehow works.

I finally finished the game a couple weeks ago, and I enjoyed it very much throughout. Some of the best survival horror mechanics, IMO, that I can remember playing. Very polished. Interesting balance between stealth and combat. I'd be tempted to try to go back and play it on Classic now, but that would be some seriously challenging shit.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I've played through it on New Game+ at the easiest setting in order to sort of just absorb the environments and gather up collectibles.

This is probably my favorite game of 2017. Hard to believe I'm saying this, considering how flawed the first game is in my opinion.

This is a LEGIT great game.

BUY IT, PLEBS!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
would you rate this a "dead island / 10" ?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
the dead island rant is srs my favorite thing about you. if we ever get together for a ghost run, i'll have you sign my (formerly your) copy for posterity.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
the dead island rant is srs my favorite thing about you. if we ever get together for a ghost run, i'll have you sign my (formerly your) copy for posterity.

It was a sort of running commentary or blog/diary of my experiences as I played them.

I was like an embedded journalist.