Genesis with dim RGB picture?

Jibbajaba

Giga Shock!!
I don't know if this is just a known issue, but my model 1 Genesis outputs a pretty dim RGB picture, requiring me to crank up the brightness and contrast on my monitor when I play it. I cracked open the SCART hood on my cable, and the resistors and capacitors are there, and are the correct values. Is there anything I can do without modding my system? Is this a known issue with early Genesis systems? Mine is a "High Definition Graphics" model with no "Produced or Licensed by" splash screen.

Thanks!

ballzdeepx

Giga Shock!!
Maybe try removing the resistors just to see :/

Could also be your power supply

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
I don't know if this is just a known issue, but my model 1 Genesis outputs a pretty dim RGB picture, requiring me to crank up the brightness and contrast on my monitor when I play it. I cracked open the SCART hood on my cable, and the resistors and capacitors are there, and are the correct values. Is there anything I can do without modding my system? Is this a known issue with early Genesis systems? Mine is a "High Definition Graphics" model with no "Produced or Licensed by" splash screen.

Thanks!

I think I have another Gen 1 MD scart cable you can pick up when you're over on Sunday. That may help you to narrow things down a bit.

Jibbajaba

Giga Shock!!
Thanks, Teddy.

I should say that when I say "dim", it's just that the colors don't pop like they do on my Neo unless I crank up the contrast. In chat, Ballz suggested that I try removing the 75 ohm resistors, since I already have 75 ohm terminators on the back of the monitor.

skate323k137

Giga Shock!!
I find this odd, my model 1 has blindingly bright output without the resistors. Even with them it's still on the bright end of my systems.

Jibbajaba

Giga Shock!!
Sounds like a good idea. I'll check my stock of rando electronic supplies and see if I have some. If not, I'll get some.

Jibbajaba

Giga Shock!!
I found some caps in my stash, so I will try changing them out tonight. Although they look like the exact same ones that are already in the cable...