Genesis component video output

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have model 1 Genesis and looking to add component video output. I would rather add internally. I've used The Neobitz on my AES and I know some folks like the JROK. Does one work better for the model 1 Genesis than the other? Is there another option besides these two?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
There's a lot of component converters on the market. I used a Neobitz in a model 1 for component. People said it wouldn't work but it worked fine for me. I think they said it's something to do with the genny board revisions.

Supernaut_

Banned
I have model 1 Genesis and looking to add component video output. I would rather add internally. I've used The Neobitz on my AES and I know some folks like the JROK. Does one work better for the model 1 Genesis than the other? Is there another option besides these two?

I know you prefer the internal mod but you may be best with an external converter. I have one and it allows me to run multiple systems through it and it also accepts VGA. So you could run any system via SCART and have the best picture all the time with multiple systems.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
I know you prefer the internal mod but you may be best with an external converter. I have one and it allows me to run multiple systems through it and it also accepts VGA. So you could run any system via SCART and have the best picture all the time with multiple systems.

I agree 100% with this. Its a much better option if you play more than one console or may do in the future.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
I use my Saturn, Playstation, and NEO-CD with SCART cables to an RGB-HV breakout board. All the rest i just connect directly with the RGB-S they put out.