Genders and pronouns and rage

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
No offense taken...and I figured it would come up.

I've had nearly 4 years to digest things and seek council since "coming out". I clearly have gender dysphoria, I consider it to be psychological issue, something that doesn't bring me peace of mind. Because of this, I'd never ask someone to buy into my mental issue and address me as something I'm not. Putting on a dress, changing my demeanor, even having SRS...none of these things would make me a woman.

Nah I will apologize because it was a snide remark.
Embrace it, there's no point in carrying this around like a ten ton weight on your shoulder. It's not like you asked for any of it. Try and make the best of it and fuck it.
Wear a dress and/or do what the fuck you want. Let your mind wander as long as you're not hurting anyone in the process, relax.
If a qualified mental health professional came onto this site he/she would have a field day. Dysphoria would be the mildest assessment made. But we are all people just being people trying to make it to the finish line as placidly as possible.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I was going to say ‘we have some trannies on this site,’ but now apparently that’s an offensive term?

That reminds me...

Why can't you be a little more supportive?

- 'Cause I don't care, okay? I can't fake an interest in this and I'm an expert at faking an interest in your kooky projects.

What "kooky projects"?

- You know, the offensive terms, the genders and pronouns, the whole rage...

Why didn't you tell me you felt this way?

- You know I would never do anything to hurt your feelings. Good night.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
In general, I try to leave out sir or mam which isn't how I was raised. I was told whitey saying mam and sir to African Americans is condescending. Never my intention to come across that way.

lmbo what the fuck

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It was a pretty decent troll though. Two thumbs up.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It was a pretty decent troll though. Two thumbs up.

exactly. He's not a pillar of society, but he does have visibility.

Identifying as whatever you want is fine, but genders do exist biologically. It's ignorant to think otherwise.
Do you want the painkiller dose for a man or a woman? How about thyroid medication?

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I refer to people as whatever they tell me they want to be called, I don't care, it's just a word(s), and if it makes them happy/content, fine.

Bingo. Just call people what they want to be called. They'll be happier and you'll be happier. If you prefer to "rage", you're on the internet and the internet is a great place to waste your time yelling into the ether.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
lmbo what the fuck

When I worked in Detroit with the public, I was called everything. For every 10 awesome people (who'd invite me to their church and events), I'd get one person who'd cuss me out because they had the opportunity. 5 or 6 times a week some crackhead would threaten me, wanting to know what time I got off work? I'd tell them everytime adding it's not like they'll meet me.

Never shot or at that job had a gun pulled on me (other times yes and not by police) so I was paid well enough to let the odd person say whatever they've ever wanted to say to a white mother fucking piece of shit. I bear them no grudge in the larger scheme. I hope they felt better.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm curious how much media has affected people into identifying as trans. TV shows like I Am Jazz, web sites like tumblr, etc. play a role into normalizing trans, but at the same time does it make some people believe they're trans?

On the flipside, I would say I couldn't imagine this happening in a developing country, but then the ladyboys in Thailand exist.

Anyway, I still haven't met any irl.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The Wild Boys (Jackass members) went to the Golden...something and you'll get your fill, Sage.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'm curious how much media has affected people into identifying as trans. TV shows like I Am Jazz, web sites like tumblr, etc. play a role into normalizing trans, but at the same time does it make some people believe they're trans?

On the flipside, I would say I couldn't imagine this happening in a developing country, but then the ladyboys in Thailand exist.

It's because they are rare.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

The media makes everything worse, or at a minimum, skews reality.

Look at it this way, a good friend of mine is fairly up the ladder at Caterpillar, for about 5 years, he managed a few overseas branches and would have employees come here from Europe for training. I'd often join them for golf, some beers afterwards. Time and time again, I'd hear two things from foreigners about America:

-People are far more reserved and polite than they thought we would be.

-"Where are all the black people?"

American television doesn't paint a realistic picture of everyday American life, or how the vast majority of Americans live. You watch American TV and it paints this picture of racial diversity, everyone all mixed together in everyday life, this just isn't the case.

Look here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States

72% of the population is white, under 13% is black and the % just goes down from there.

It's the same with all of these sub cultures and groups. Look here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States

Gay culture is everywhere in the media, there is a large amount of media attention devoted to it and we see it often on a daily basis in the news or otherwise...yet not even 5% of the population ID's themselves as LGBT. Transgender is an estimated .58%....not even 1%, yet look at the media attention it gets in the US, you'd think there are hundreds of millions of them by the way the media reports it.

Sensational things get media attention, it is what it is.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
exactly. He's not a pillar of society, but he does have visibility.

Identifying as whatever you want is fine, but genders do exist biologically. It's ignorant to think otherwise.
Do you want the painkiller dose for a man or a woman? How about thyroid medication?

Na he's a twat. There's no need for it. There's a thousand better ways to deal with shit like this than ridicule

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I used to joke that I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body... now I can't make that joke, or can I?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I used to joke that I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body... now I can't make that joke, or can I?

Sure...just say it in a monotone manner and remove the joke inflection from it...bam! You're now part of a hip microcosm.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
The media makes everything worse, or at a minimum, skews reality.
Yep

Look at it this way, a good friend of mine is fairly up the ladder at Caterpillar, for about 5 years, he managed a few overseas branches and would have employees come here from Europe for training. I'd often join them for golf, some beers afterwards. Time and time again, I'd hear two things from foreigners about America:

-People are far more reserved and polite than they thought we would be.
I find Americans polite as well. Just sayin'.

-"Where are all the black people?"
THE KKK GOT THEM ALL!!!! jk

Doesn't it depend on the state?

American television doesn't paint a realistic picture of everyday American life, or how the vast majority of Americans live. You watch American TV and it paints this picture of racial diversity, everyone all mixed together in everyday life, this just isn't the case.

Look here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States

72% of the population is white, under 13% is black and the % just goes down from there.
Isn't that old news? Or do people really think the US is mostly populated by blacks?

It's the same with all of these sub cultures and groups. Look here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States

Gay culture is everywhere in the media, there is a large amount of media attention devoted to it and we see it often on a daily basis in the news or otherwise...yet not even 5% of the population ID's themselves as LGBT. Transgender is an estimated .58%....not even 1%, yet look at the media attention it gets in the US, you'd think there are hundreds of millions of them by the way the media reports it.

Sensational things get media attention, it is what it is.
Yep, hardly any gays here as well.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I don't mind calling someone whatever they want to be called, because if someone is too ridiculous, I'm not going to be talking to them anyway. Like some of the new, imaginary pronouns that don't relate to anything. But someone who simply transitions to another gender, I have no problem with.

What I don't like are science deniers. People who want to pretend like physical gender, chromosomes, etc., aren't actual things. If you want to think of yourself as a woman, a man, neither, whatever, yeah, knock yourself out. But if you need to go to the hospital for some reason or want to compete in sports or something, it's time to be real for a second. As someone else pointed out, if you have sharp, lower abdominal pain and need to see a doctor, their prognosis can be very different depending on what gender you were born as. Your actual physical gender, not what you "identify" as. And a doctor misdiagnosing because you don't want to accept your physical reality can have serious consequences. And that's cool, on your head be it, but I'm not a huge fan of idiots.

As usual, Kid gets it 100% correct.

I will always call people whatever they want to be called (I have a couple of trans people in my friend group and only one of them is a hysterical "everything is transphobic" type but she's relatively new to the game) and have always been accepting of people's choices to live authentically no matter what that entails (except furries... your stupid mascot fetish doesn't make you an alternative lifestyle). However, the trans activist community and all of the guilty cis enablers who psychotically defend them on social media are a bane. I've begun equating the crazy trans activists to those people in the deaf community who shun and shame people who get auditory brain implants (mostly parents doing it for their deaf children/infants). Being trans has become their entire identity to the point where they would rather 40% of the trans population commit suicide than accept that it's a mental condition that could potentially be alleviated or cured by allowing scientists and doctors to perform research. Gender may be a spectrum but biological sex is not (beyond the .1% of people born intersex... but at that point, you might as well say that human beings can be born with anywhere from 0-3 arms... defects are just that).

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
As usual, Kid gets it 100% correct.

I will always call people whatever they want to be called (I have a couple of trans people in my friend group and only one of them is a hysterical "everything is transphobic" type but she's relatively new to the game) and have always been accepting of people's choices to live authentically no matter what that entails (except furries... your stupid mascot fetish doesn't make you an alternative lifestyle). However, the trans activist community and all of the guilty cis enablers who psychotically defend them on social media are a bane. I've begun equating the crazy trans activists to those people in the deaf community who shun and shame people who get auditory brain implants (mostly parents doing it for their deaf children/infants). Being trans has become their entire identity to the point where they would rather 40% of the trans population commit suicide than accept that it's a mental condition that could potentially be alleviated or cured by allowing scientists and doctors to perform research. Gender may be a spectrum but biological sex is not (beyond the .1% of people born intersex... but at that point, you might as well say that human beings can be born with anywhere from 0-3 arms... defects are just that).

That's controversial and not quite what I deducted from STKs post.
World is a complicated place. One thing is certain. Social media has made massive inroads towards cementing a culture of self obsession and narcissism. Confusion is absolute, and some profit from this so be wary.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Doesn't it depend on the state?

13% is 13%...but yeah, state by state or city by city. Rural areas have almost no minority population, larger cities are higher %.

Isn't that old news? Or do people really think the US is mostly populated by blacks?

Hard telling, I'll say those discussions were probably a good 10 or so years ago.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
That's controversial and not quite what I deducted from STKs post.
World is a complicated place. One thing is certain. Social media has made massive inroads towards cementing a culture of self obsession and narcissism. Confusion is absolute, and some profit from this so be wary.

Me completely agreeing with STK and what I said afterwards were two separate (but related) thoughts.

But yes, social media creates, fosters and promotes narcissism. It's a large part of the reason it holds zero interest to me and I don't participate in any of it.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Those pretending to be the opposite sex are committing cultural appropriation.