Garou Mark of the Wolves 2 Data Found

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
this is why I hunt down things I enjoy and release them. Its just fun.

The amount of people who've contacted me for stuff they know I have BEFORE I release it...asking to buy it to keep it private...its ridiculous. Like WTF...you can have it for FREE...just like everyone else. Why in the shit would you want to spend $$ to get it and keep it private?

The logic escapes me. If I was a shitty person I'd sell these things with the promise NOT to release them...then release them anyway!
Because they see it as an investment and if you give it away for free it diminishes their 'investment'. I don't agree with it, but that's the logic.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Wonder how Joe got messed up? Alligator wrestling match gone bad? Got too friendly with B. Jenet and she beat the shit out of him with her shoe?

I agree that busted up Joe would make an awesome playable character.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I was under the impression Garou 2 was 75% done, at least according to Tiptonium here a few years ago. Tried looking up his user name yesterday and, search user name doesn't even list him.

Jon
Unfortunately, just a few years ago usgamer.net featured an interview that seemed to all but confirm that MotW2 wasn’t anywhere near as complete as 70-75%:

“The team has already talked in the past about the work already done for the sequel, but it's been shelved. Sadly, in this new stream, the creators also commented on how far they actually got into making the game.”

“To kind of put the nail in the coffin, unfortunately, Garou 2 was not as far along as many people think," Kaiser says. "A lot of people are like, oh it's 70%, 80%, 90% done. Unfortunately it was about halfway done."

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Wonder how Joe got messed up? Alligator wrestling match gone bad? Got too friendly with B. Jenet and she beat the shit out of him with her shoe?

I agree that busted up Joe would make an awesome playable character.
I remember it being stated in the past that Joe was defending his title during the events of MotW, but the concept of an injured Joe Higashi accompanying his apprentice was present even in the early character concepts and designs for Kuan (lower left):

FA35E21E-E972-4019-B8A2-1ADBBD6161A2.jpeg
Note: Though Geki Gaoh and Kuan are accounted for in the roster, the characters on the top and bottom right side of this concept art page, Kusuii and Costello, look like they may not have made it into the revealed roster, though Kusuii may have turned into the unknown female seen in the roster.

Credit to VGDensetsu for sharing the rough sketches and concept art with the community:

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I mean at least dude is posting photos of the find. Hopefully it gets dumped but it’s better than “hey look at these discs and this folder listing…that’s all I’m showing”

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Did Terry ever get that diagonal Rising Tackle in another game?

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
The older salaryman with a gas can and a chainsaw is pretty weirdly badass.
Seriously. Why can't we get more original characters like that in our fighting games? I'd love to know the backstory on this guy.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Seriously. Why can't we get more original characters like that in our fighting games? I'd love to know the backstory on this guy.
What do you think of the guilty gear and BlazBlue franchises? They felt like they were full of very self consciously quirky characters.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member

KOF is full of weirdos!

Also Waku Waku 7 is like a dang circus.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Not just any chainsaw: a motherfcking MERCEDES chainsaw! Clearly, a distinguished psychopath, lol.
View attachment 58577
That's not a Mercedes emblem, that's part of the gearing/mechanism driving the chain.

Not impressed by this guy. Looks like an older, fatter version of Jagi from Fist of the North Star, just trashier. And, yes, Jagi was a trash character in that game.

Jon

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I guess I need to check out some other fighting franchises. I always pick the 'weirdo' characters even if they're not the best because I just play causally. I'm actually not particularly good at fighting games so I just have fun. Waku Waku 7 is one of my favorites but I've never really looked at the Power Instinct series or any of the BlazBlue or Guilty Gear games. When it comes to fighting games I'm mostly Neo Geo and the Marvel Vs. series.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Unfortunately, just a few years ago usgamer.net featured an interview that seemed to all but confirm that MotW2 wasn’t anywhere near as complete as 70-75%:

“The team has already talked in the past about the work already done for the sequel, but it's been shelved. Sadly, in this new stream, the creators also commented on how far they actually got into making the game.”

“To kind of put the nail in the coffin, unfortunately, Garou 2 was not as far along as many people think," Kaiser says. "A lot of people are like, oh it's 70%, 80%, 90% done. Unfortunately it was about halfway done."

Yeah I was always confused by this. Considering the it was in development in 2001 when SNK went under I would be shocked if it was so close to being done without SNK drumming up much hype for it.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Yeah I was always confused by this. Considering the it was in development in 2001 when SNK went under I would be shocked if it was so close to being done without SNK drumming up much hype for it.

I’ve never heard the %70 estimate before but I agree that it sounds like nonsense. This was an arcade game from a regular producer of arcade games who had a pattern of hyping their stuff via the usual magazines, location tests, and by the time of Garou even their own website. At %70 there would have been screenshots released and I don’t remember this game even being announced by SNK.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I’ve never heard the %70 estimate before but I agree that it sounds like nonsense. This was an arcade game from a regular producer of arcade games who had a pattern of hyping their stuff via the usual magazines, location tests, and by the time of Garou even their own website. At %70 there would have been screenshots released and I don’t remember this game even being announced by SNK.
So what about that one screenshot on Billy's page? If it wasn't from some sort of location test (which the game would have to be at least in a playable state to do) where did it come from? Or does this mean that the screenshot is fake?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
So what about that one screenshot on Billy's page? If it wasn't from some sort of location test (which the game would have to be at least in a playable state to do) where did it come from? Or does this mean that the screenshot is fake?

I’m unfamiliar with the screenshot.