Galaxy Fight - Hidden Gem or Overrated Trash?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I could do that, but I can't experience Galaxy Fight the way it was intended to be played if I bought a port or downloaded an emulator.

what a fucking FAGGOT

guess you gotta buy like 20 arcade machines and then have one red and then galaxy is one of the games and then you choose it while the other machines are going off and then you lose interest in five minutes

and shut the FUCK up about your job you fucking loser, no one gives a fuck if you don't make enough hours, crawl back to your mother if it's such a pain in the ass you fucking LOSER

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Well I don't even own an AES, so I am cool with just the MVS cart. I didn't even know it came out on PS1. I knew it did come out on the PS2 with Waku Waku 7, but it is actually a bit pricey for a PS2 game last I checked. And I think Nintendo cut all support to the Wii in terms of online support, practically making the VC release gone, unless you either mod your Wii or try on the WiiU.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
what a fucking FAGGOT

guess you gotta buy like 20 arcade machines and then have one red and then galaxy is one of the games and then you choose it while the other machines are going off and then you lose interest in five minutes

As ever, you internet trolls never cease to amaze me or amuse me. Well to answer your concerns, I have no interest in buying arcade cabinets. I feel they just take up room, and their isn't many arcade games I really want to own in a cabinet. I am fine with just the CMVS console. Also, why call me a faggot? Last I checked, I am not part of a cigarette.

fluxcore

Another Striker
Currently my Galaxy Fight cart is home to the diagnostics rom.

And it's now far more enjoyable.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I could do that, but I can't experience Galaxy Fight the way it was intended to be played if I bought a port or downloaded an emulator. I have seen gameplay videos on YouTube, and I think it looks interesting. Like I told Pasky, I did play it for a bit on an emulator, but using a keyboard and mouse is not the same as using either a controller or an arcade stick. Also, my USB controllers seem to have some input lag when I use it on emulators, same with the Ouya controller when I use the .emu emulators on it. So I am not blindly following opinions, I am actually very curious about this game myself and want to play it on an actual cartridge, on an actual system. One more thing, I don't own a Saturn, haven't since last year when I sold my Saturn and collection to pay off bills because my job at the time wasn't giving me enough hours. But now that I work 6 nights a week, I make enough to pay bills, save money, and buy stuff.

for a more authentic experience: the usb ngx controller runs without any problems on an ouya.. and its not that bad, compared to the original stick.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I want to love Galaxy Fight. I love the way it looks, and scrolls on and on forever. It's not the best looking or sounding game, for sure, but it's appealing to me and I dig the aesthetics a lot. It just sucks to play, really, really quickly. Within a fight or two the computer is just an overbearing beast and I lose any will I had to get better at it.

Using the Uni, I've beaten it, but that's the only way I can and that's not going to hold my interest over time. Still, wish it wasn't such a PitA because I really do want to like it.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Oh dear you really are in the wrong place if that's a concern.

Again, for a PS2 game. Most PS2 games are like $5-$10, so $90-$100 for a PS2 game is rather expensive. Also, I have yet to region mod my system.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
dATGDqj.jpg

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Anyways, the point of this forum post is to share opinions on Galaxy Fight, not talk about me. So let's try to keep with the topic, please.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Anyways, the point of this forum post is to share opinions on Galaxy Fight, not talk about me. So let's try to keep with the topic, please.

No one has ever "overrated" Galaxy Fight.

Stop making lame threads and maybe they won't be about you. Ok>?

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
No one has ever "overrated" Galaxy Fight.

Stop making lame threads and maybe they won't be about you. Ok>?

Why? Because you don't like it? I only started this because I thought it would be an interesting topic. If you don't like it, then just don't say anything about it.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
what a fucking FAGGOT

and shut the FUCK up about your job you fucking loser, no one gives a fuck if you don't make enough hours, crawl back to your mother if it's such a pain in the ass you fucking LOSER

Damn, some quality Sagerage here.

Seriously though CloudGamerX, quit spamming up the place with this trash. Galaxy Fight? Really?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Why? Because you don't like it? I only started this because I thought it would be an interesting topic. If you don't like it, then just don't say anything about it.

Me liking Galaxy Fight has nothing to do with the fact that everything that has ever been typed about it online is unfavorable.

Does that mean it's not good, not really. You assuming the game is overrated is homework-less shit posting.

IF I DON'T LIKE SOMETHING, I WILL SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT,bitch

Last edited:

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Me liking Galaxy Fight has nothing to do with the fact that everything that has ever been typed about it online is unfavorable.

Does that mean it's not good, not really. You assuming the game is overrated is homework-less shit posting.

Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion as I an everyone else is.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

ASID 3:16

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
stop copy and pasting from whatever forum you came from.

Try to research a little before making threads. That has nothing to do with my opinion on galaxy fight.

I am not talking about Galaxy Fight with you, I am talking about in general. We all have opinions one one's actions or responses and we are entitled to share it if we so please. I will, however, take what everyone is saying to heart and post a more sensible forum post next time, should I do something similar to this again.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
I got in Galaxy Fight and I sat down and played it for 2-3 hours straight. Since I created this forum post for people to post opinions on the game, here is my pros/cons and overall opinion.

Pros:
-Some character designs are pretty good (Kazuma, Gunter, Roomi)
-Special moves are fairly easy to learn
-Music is well done
-Graphics are very nice
-Controls are tight and responsive

Cons:
-Gameplay is a bit sluggish compared to some fighters of it's time.
-The A.I. is ridiculously hard from the very beginning, and only gets harder as you play more.
-Other character designs are uninteresting or bland.
-Personality of characters are not only boring, but stereotypical of their designs.

Overall:
Despite the cons, Galaxy Fight still has a bit of charm to it. Even though I got my ass kicked alot before I eventually beat it, I always kept playing because their is something about it that made it hard for me to put the stick down and call it quits. I enjoyed it alot but at the very least, this game is worth checking out to see where Sunsoft started before making Waku Waku 7. If you are looking for a non-SNK fighter for a reasonable price, i'd say you can't go wrong with Galaxy Fight. It may not be the best, but it is certainly not the worst.

Rating: 7/10

Last edited: