Full UK NGPC list!

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I don't think cotton or evolution uk versions are hard to find, they just are ridiculously over priced on egay.

Hi Pocket Gamer,

Remember this is a snapshot of the pocket scene back in 2001. We didn't have all the info then.
I'd forgotten how much effort we put into finding these 'unreleased' titles.

The staff at SNK uk were so nice and didn't deserve what happened to them.
Reading this old thread made me remember a lot.
Like my old friends Chohan and Londongeezer :)

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
ok, how far along are you in acquiring neo geo pocket games? I use to have the full uk set and like a big dummy had sold it a while back.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
ok, how far along are you in acquiring neo geo pocket games? I use to have the full uk set and like a big dummy had sold it a while back.

I haven't bought any new games since..... almost back when this thread was new.
I've got just under 70 complete NGPC games. All 39 of the UK releases, a few doubles, a few cover variants, a few japanese and US versions plus a fair few of the Japanese exclusives like Rockman, Ganbare, Densha, Ghost Photo Studio/Gallery, Derby Champ, a couple of the Japanese B/W games that seem to have been sold in the UK when the original pocket came out, plus a few of the Aruze slot sims with the decal sheets.

Plus 10 consoles.
Everything complete and MIB apart from a spare loose cart of Reversi.

You can see why I decided to stop?

Last edited:

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
I haven't bought any new games since..... almost back when this thread was new.
I've got just under 70 complete NGPC games. All 39 of the UK releases, a few doubles, a few cover variants, a few japanese and US versions plus a fair few of the Japanese exclusives like Rockman, Ganbare, Densha, Ghost Photo Studio/Gallery, Derby Champ, a couple of the Japanese B/W games that seem to have been sold in the UK when the original pocket came out, plus a few of the Aruze slot sims with the decal sheets.

Plus 10 consoles.
Everything complete and MIB apart from a spare loose cart of Reversi.

You can see why I decided to stop?

Oh yes, I can see why. It's nice to have all that. Not sure if you have this or even heard of the "best of" neo geo pocket games:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAST-BLADE-...1554?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4d2218c962

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
Weren't these the re-releases that supported dual language?
How many titles were released in this format?
Haven't I seen Gals Fighters as well?

Most neo geo pocket games support dual language,
these were the "neo geo pocket best collection" titles that I know of:

Fatal Fury 1st Contact
Gals Fighters
Last Blade
Metal Slug 1st Mission
Metal Slug 2nd Mission
Samurai Spirits 2
Cardfighter's Clash: SNK
Cardfighter's Clash: Capcom
SNK v Capcom: MotM

they were re-released like nintendo's million seller or playstation's greatest hits, in the case of neo geo pocket it's "neo geo pocket best collection" meaning the best ones.

yes, gal fighters is out there:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNK-Gals-Fighters-BEST-Collection-SNK-Neo-Geo-Pocket-Japan-/301031710458

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Most neo geo pocket games support dual language,
these were the "neo geo pocket best collection" titles that I know of:

Fatal Fury 1st Contact
Gals Fighters
Last Blade
Metal Slug 1st Mission
Metal Slug 2nd Mission
Samurai Spirits 2
Cardfighter's Clash: SNK
Cardfighter's Clash: Capcom
SNK v Capcom: MotM

they were re-released like nintendo's million seller or playstation's greatest hits, in the case of neo geo pocket it's "neo geo pocket best collection" meaning the best ones.

yes, gal fighters is out there:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNK-Gals-Fighters-BEST-Collection-SNK-Neo-Geo-Pocket-Japan-/301031710458

Hmmm, interesting. Only the first party and capcom tie-in titles as Sonic is notably absent?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I appreciate the bump, a cool read. I'm getting the itch of NGPC after just finding my console buried at my mother's for the past 7 years.

Unfortunately, I'm probably far too late to ever complete a full UK collection.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I appreciate the bump, a cool read. I'm getting the itch of NGPC after just finding my console buried at my mother's for the past 7 years.

Unfortunately, I'm probably far too late to ever complete a full UK collection.

Hi F4U57,
I think that the NGPC is one of the few consoles where a 'good' if not complete collection is still achievable.
Perhaps not all UK snapcases, but even so.
What have you got so far?

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm still early days when it comes to my collection. I've only got six games but all are complete UK snap-cases; Biomotor Unitron, King of Fighters R2, Faselei!, Pocket Tennis Color, Baseball Stars Color and Metal Slug 1st Mission.

I think Pocket Reversi, Cotton, Evolution, Gals Fighters are just far too pricey and rare to get a hold of these days.

I've noticed a few online retailers have a number of UK games that I'll be looking at picking up eventually.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I'm still early days when it comes to my collection. I've only got six games but all are complete UK snap-cases; Biomotor Unitron, King of Fighters R2, Faselei!, Pocket Tennis Color, Baseball Stars Color and Metal Slug 1st Mission.

I think Pocket Reversi, Cotton, Evolution, Gals Fighters are just far too pricey and rare to get a hold of these days.

I've noticed a few online retailers have a number of UK games that I'll be looking at picking up eventually.

That's already a good collection :)
Turf Masters is really cheap at the moment on ebay uk, that might be a good next buy?
It's a great game.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have a look.

NGPC just took a back seat while I've focused on MVS, but like all retro gaming, they've just risen in price over the last couple of years.

Persistence and patience.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Picked up Cardfighter's Clash: Capcom, Neo Turf Masters, Puzzle Bobble Mini, Crush Roller and Neo Mystery Bonus - all complete UK snap-lock releases! That's a few more off the list.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Picked up Cardfighter's Clash: Capcom, Neo Turf Masters, Puzzle Bobble Mini, Crush Roller and Neo Mystery Bonus - all complete UK snap-lock releases! That's a few more off the list.

All worthy additions!
Getting CFC as a complete UK edition is a great score!
Many NGPC aficionados regard it as one of the best games on the system.
What are you hoping to score next?

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
All worthy additions!
Getting CFC as a complete UK edition is a great score!
Many NGPC aficionados regard it as one of the best games on the system.
What are you hoping to score next?

Thanks! Yeah, I'm very happy to pick these up, especially CFC and NTM.

I've heard and read great things about CFC so I'm keen to get stuck into it when I travel with work next week.

Regarding what I'm looking to pick up next - probably one if the big guns; Evolution, Cotton, Reversi or Cool Boarders. I understand these games demand a high price, but it's all worthwhile to be able to notch it off and enjoy what it has to offer.

I'm really keen to get a hold of and play Dark Arms and Rockman Battles, too!

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Thanks! Yeah, I'm very happy to pick these up, especially CFC and NTM.

I've heard and read great things about CFC so I'm keen to get stuck into it when I travel with work next week.

Regarding what I'm looking to pick up next - probably one if the big guns; Evolution, Cotton, Reversi or Cool Boarders. I understand these games demand a high price, but it's all worthwhile to be able to notch it off and enjoy what it has to offer.

I'm really keen to get a hold of and play Dark Arms and Rockman Battles, too!

Hmmm, Evolution, Cotton, Reversi or Cool Boarders?
I would say that my favourite of those is Cotton.
Get a loose cart of Reversi for a few quid before you spend the time, effort and money of finding a complete one.
I can't remember the last complete UK edition that showed up on fleabay.
But I'd assume that it would make crazy money now.
You'll be surprised at the games that'll prove tricky to locate.
A UK version of Shanghai or Dive Alert Becky for example!
Not to mention Baccarat, Dynamite Sluggaer and Picture Puzzle

What kind of game is Ganbare Neo Poke Kun? I don't have that one on my list. Also, is Pocket Reversi really rare? I've seen it on the uk ebay a few times, but I've been working on having a complete fighting game collection.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hmmm, Evolution, Cotton, Reversi or Cool Boarders?
I would say that my favourite of those is Cotton.
Get a loose cart of Reversi for a few quid before you spend the time, effort and money of finding a complete one.
I can't remember the last complete UK edition that showed up on fleabay.
But I'd assume that it would make crazy money now.
You'll be surprised at the games that'll prove tricky to locate.
A UK version of Shanghai or Dive Alert Becky for example!
Not to mention Baccarat, Dynamite Sluggaer and Picture Puzzle

Cotton is the one I'm leaning towards, with Evolution a close second. Prices on all those are just so unpredictable these days. With the going price of that Pocket Reversi and those with money eager to complete collection or obtain teh Rarez, who knows when and if I'll be able to obtain these.

I'm pretty sure King of Fighters R2 clamshell has four different variants.

All Japanese front and back cover
All English front and back cover
English front with Back cover Eng/It/Ger flags
Spanish/Spain back cover with English front

Fatal Fury First Contract might be the same.

I think I owned some of them when I started buying lots of these in the early 2000's on ebay. It has been so long I don't remember anymore.

Anyone confirm?

Last edited: