Fucking USPS...

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
So, to make a long story short, I bought a game from a member here. This item was supposed to be delivered on August 22nd by USPS. It was supposedly "out for delivery" on that date.

I wasn't able to actually check that it arrived safe and sound, since I was out of town for work until August 29th. So I get home, and the package isn't fucking there.

I want to stress at this point that the seller isn't culpable, by any means, for USPS' fuck-up.

Now I have to file a fucking claim and I will only get about half its fucking value back. Not only that, I have to "justify" its value. There's also all kinds of information that I have to provide, it'll probably take me a couple of hours to find this information, as they want info on the person who sent it.

How the fuck am I supposed to "Justify" the value of a Strikers 1945+ cart?

Why the fuck does the USPS make it so hard to get a fraction of my money back?

Been looking for this cart for years, guess I'm just not destined to have it.

Venting here, 'coz I figure some of you guys might understand my plight.

First World problems.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
So, to make a long story short, I bought a game from a member here. This item was supposed to be delivered on August 22nd by USPS. It was supposedly "out for delivery" on that date.

I wasn't able to actually check that it arrived safe and sound, since I was out of town for work until August 29th. So I get home, and the package isn't fucking there.

I want to stress at this point that the seller isn't culpable, by any means, for USPS' fuck-up.

Now I have to file a fucking claim and I will only get about half its fucking value back. Not only that, I have to "justify" its value. There's also all kinds of information that I have to provide, it'll probably take me a couple of hours to find this information, as they want info on the person who sent it.

How the fuck am I supposed to "Justify" the value of a Strikers 1945+ cart?

Why the fuck does the USPS make it so hard to get a fraction of my money back?

Been looking for this cart for years, guess I'm just not destined to have it.

Venting here, 'coz I figure some of you guys might understand my plight.

First World problems.

Completed Ebay transactions, price guides? Damn, I wish I could do something else...

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Man that blows, sorry to hear it. You think someone might have jacked your package while you were away?

I've had USPS go out for delivery, then bring the package back to the postal office since no one was there to sign for it, leave me a note to pick it up at the post office, then when I I go wait 30 mins in line to pick it up, they tell me they "can't find it". Fortunately several days later they at least found it and called me to come pick it up again.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Damn that sucks. Is it marked delivered?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
So why is it USPS fault that you had an item delivered while you where out of town and 7 days later its not still there? Sounds like your lack of planning caused your suffering. Not trying to be a dick, but its not their fault.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
So why is it USPS fault that you had an item delivered while you where out of town and 7 days later its not still there? Sounds like your lack of planning caused your suffering. Not trying to be a dick, but its not their fault.

Fuck you, you half-assed troll cunt. It's their JOB to have that package waiting for me when I get home.

"Whoops the guy is out of town, let's just shove this parcel up our gov't funded asses."

Nope the postal carrier didn't even have the decency to scan the parcel as "delivered", that or he just plain out lost it.

Print your paypal receipt. I hope you didn't pay as gift though.

Nah, it wasn't made gift. Good idea about the PP receipt. Thanks.

Completed Ebay transactions, price guides? Damn, I wish I could do something else...

Yeah I will have to try that if the pay-pal receipt isn't "good enough" proof of it's value. No problem dude, with all the shit I order online it was just a matter of time/probability that one of my packages was lost. But, why God, why... did it have to be Strikers? : [

Last edited:

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Fuck you, you half-assed troll cunt. It's their JOB to have that package waiting for me when I get home.

"Whoops the guy is out of town, let's just shove this parcel up our gov't funded asses."
Really not sure if your trolling or not

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
IF it had a serial, you should keep an eye out on eBay / craigslist / etc in case someone tries to sell it...

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
So when does the tracking number show it was delivered?

Was it actually delivered on the 22nd?

Perhaps someone stole it from your porch/mailbox?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

no.

Originally Posted by GutsDozer

Nope the postal carrier didn't even have the decency to scan the parcel as "delivered", that or he just plain out lost it.'''-2d

call the po with the tracking # maybe?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Was your mail on hold as you were out of town?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
It shouldn't end up being too bad to prove the value if it comes down to that. PP reciept, closed ebay auctions... Since it was never marked delivered it's not like they can claim that they didn't lose it.

You never know with USPS though, it could be sitting in a truck somewhere. I've had shit turn up after weeks or months... 3 months in one case. One time a package coming from the UK went to fucking Australia by accident and eventually made it to me in the states. I hate to give you any possibly-false hope but I'm just saying, ya never know.

Sorry it was strikers though and not some easily replaceable retail purchase. That really sucks.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Wait, it was Strikers?

I would say they did you a favor.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member

I've already addressed this.

USPS prolly lost it, as it was not even status updated to "delivered".

Wait, it was Strikers?

I would say they did you a favor.

Hearty fucken har.

Youse guys are not helping me heal...

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sounds like they lost it or maybe stuck at some post office hub. When I sent a customer in New York a CMVS it was supposed to be there in 4 days and I had to wait a minimum of 21 days to claim it as lost. Suddenly on the 21st day it was delivered.

If I had a Strikers cart I'd help you out.

Edit: As for value they usually only give you what you paid so just show them a paypal transaction printout.

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Did you ask your Post Office if they had it? I had a similar situation happen to me and I didn't know what happened to my stuff until 3 weeks later when I was mailing a package out and they happened to remember they had a package for me. Hope it works out for you man!

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
It's very possible that it got delivered but not scanned at your doorstep. Perhaps the barcode had become unreadable and the postman didn't want to hand-type the number in. That's not an excuse, but just a possible explanation for what happened.

Please feel free to tell me to go fuck myself or whatever as well, but I am having a hard time understanding why you thought everything was going to be cool letting a $100+ Neo cart sit at your front door for 7 days. Do you live in some kind of fancy gated community? Don't you know your neighbors? When my CMVS arrived from James, I wasn't home so I called my neighbor and had him scoop that shit up before someone else did.

And Strikers is fucking awesome YODD. Not all of us can afford fancy JAMMA setups in our houses. :P

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If you're going to be away from home for an extended period, it's best to tell your local post office to hold the mail until you get back.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
man this sucks to hear i did have a package one time that got delivered to the wrong address since people down the road have only a one number difference in their address. They were nice enough to bring it down to me hope you get this resolved.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
It's very possible that it got delivered but not scanned at your doorstep. Perhaps the barcode had become unreadable and the postman didn't want to hand-type the number in. That's not an excuse, but just a possible explanation for what happened.

Please feel free to tell me to go fuck myself or whatever as well, but I am having a hard time understanding why you thought everything was going to be cool letting a $100+ Neo cart sit at your front door for 7 days. Do you live in some kind of fancy gated community? Don't you know your neighbors? When my CMVS arrived from James, I wasn't home so I called my neighbor and had him scoop that shit up before someone else did.

Nah, but I've had countless parcels delivered safely while out of town.

I called my local post office and the Manager told me what really happened. That day the regular mail carrier was not working they had some new guy, who wasn't familiar with the route, filled in for the day. The manager was very straight forward in saying what most likely happened; It was delivered to the wrong address and not scanned as "delivered". Once he told me it was unlikely that it would re-surface that I decided to file a claim.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Nah, but I've had countless parcels delivered safely while out of town.

I called my local post office and the Manager told me what really happened. That day the regular mail carrier was not working they had some new guy, who wasn't familiar with the route, filled in for the day. The manager was very straight forward in saying what most likely happened; It was delivered to the wrong address and not scanned as "delivered". Once he told me it was unlikely that it would re-surface that I decided to file a claim.

The big advantage of USPS and FEDEX Smartpost over UPS is simple.
- Goto local PO and hold mail.

What's done is done, regardless its a lesson learned for anyone.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

That fucking sucks. I can always tell when my regular postman isn't doing his route, because I get the neighbor's mail. How fucking hard is that job?

Also, do you live in a sketchy area or have assholes for neighbors? What kind of d-bag gets someone else's package and doesn't take it to them? Isn't opening someone else's mail a federal offense? Not really worth the risk when you don't even know what's in there.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate

Ahhh, your right! Its not like they have millions of other people to deliver mail to. Too bad they dont have some service where you can let them know your not going to be in town so they can hold your mail.....ohhhh wait.......

Look, I agree that what happened sucks; and it sounds like USPS was to blame for the mishap. But why would you not put a hold on your mail, when you know your suppose to be receiving a valuable package days before you get back? Sounds like this COULD have been prevented had you taken the necessary steps. i.e. If your mail was held, it wouldnt have been on the "new guys" truck to be possibly delivered to the wrong address.

Last edited: