Fuck You 2020: Chadwick Boseman dead at 43 after 4 year fight with Colon Cancer.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Wakanda Forever.

Stay safe out there folks. Hug the people you love and let them know it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Colon cancer is one of my fears. Four years of dealing with that shit, terrible. Black Panther is still my favorite Marvel movie despite some of its problems. 43 is far too young, guy was just getting started.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I read this and was quite confused. No press the whole time. I know there's a slight stigma with certain cancers, but you'd think he would have said something.

This terrible thing is his age. When i turned 40 I asked a few doctors about checking things out back there, and they all said wait till 50. It's almost entirely preventable if you find it....

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
God damn. I have never hear of the fact that he had cancer. RIP.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Black Panther isn't my favorite Marvel movie, though it was thoroughly enjoyable and fun. But damn. This is so sad. I know this is totally unimportant, but I wonder how the next BP movie is going to be affected.

Dude was dealing with it for 4 years and made all those movies and you never would have known. Jesus. My sister in law had colitis when she was younger, thankfully she had surgery to remove her colon and it never developed further than colitis. But I can relate to some of the pain that his family was going through with him dealing with it.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
main-qimg-4b5e3ee3576a4e19e578f1d97bad7e48

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Rest in peace Black Panther. Make sure you guys get your shit checked out on the regs. Guess it's a blessing that I have chronic stomach problem. I get checked out more often for certain cancers as a indirect result. Early detection is always key.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Damn, that's rough; RIP Chad. I believe they made his sister BP in the comics for a time, so, my guess is that's the route Disney will go.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
RIP to someone who was just getting started in his career.
Going to want to get my rectum checked. :/

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I didn't believe my dad when he told me this morning, but then did a quick Google search to see. I'm amazed he kept his cancer under wraps for so long, my first expectation was COVID related.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Reportedly he'd been quietly dealing with it since Civil War. Can you imagine?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Very sad. Reminds of when the guy from Spartacus died, strong guys in their prime, kicked in the dick.

RIP.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I remember seeing pictures of him posted a few months ago and he was looking gaunt. Guess we know why now :(

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Good actor, who had big things ahead of him I think. Far too young, RIP.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Very sad. Reminds of when the guy from Spartacus died, strong guys in their prime, kicked in the dick.

RIP.

Andy Whitfield, indeed that was very sad. I loved his portrayal of Spactacus. RIP CB, you will be missed.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I remember seeing pictures of him posted a few months ago and he was looking gaunt. Guess we know why now :(
I remember those pics and people making fun of him for losing all that muscle. Hindsight is unfortunately 20/20

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I remember those pics and people making fun of him for losing all that muscle. Hindsight is unfortunately 20/20

I keep thinking back to that video Chadwick posted a few months ago. He was very skinny and people were so terrible about it he deleted the video. He had to hide his sickness. Man. My heart is aching.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Damn ... I saw it in the headline it’s was one shocking as the day I saw the Kobe headline Shitty year indeed

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
To be dealing with that while also bearing the pressure of being involved with the juggernaut MCU franchise and all the appearances and pressers and interviews and EVERYTHING that goes with being a part of such a mammoth IP is straight up real man shit.

And he never even talked about it. Never made It about himself. Just soldiered on through it. Mad respect.

RIP, Chadwick. You've earned your rest.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Terribly sad, RIP.

Fuck colon cancer - I had a friend who was killed by this at the age of 34. He had two kids...

Fucking cancer.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
When I was living and working in Tampa, I worked in a Cancer Center for 5 years. That place literally changed my life, no joke. The amount of research I worked with and diseases I saw ppl go through was tough though.

I remember I had to consent a young guy, like he was 23-25 in 2014 or 2015 to a banking study. Dude had colon cancer and had a colostomy bag. He was doing ok I guess, but seeing that was rough given his age (I was similar in age at that time). Fucking colon cancer is very very rough stuff.

The fact that Chadwick endured all that and still gave us one of the most recognizable heroes in film is still astonishing. Rest in power man.