Fuck Yeah Vita!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Well to be fair everything before nes is a pile of shit. Look at nes and up and the prices only keep creeping and creeping. I remember selling a slug 3 for around 600 way back and in the day and yet that would be consider an amazing deal now.
Let me expand for you,
Ask Atari collectors how that went.....and baseball cards, and model trains, and Tin toys, and Western toys, and marbles, and buck rodgers, GI joes, and hot wheels, and star wars toys, and PEZ, and Coca Cola, and Comics and all the other collector segments that spiked to massive prices and then bottomed out.

There's a chance videogames continue to rise, but i'll speculate on the alternative. There are less and less people that even know what a Neo Geo is... Keep in mind most 20 year olds couldn't tell you what a VCR is. Not to mention the upkeep on these consoles is getting rough....

There's still some money to be made in videogames, and they will go up in the short term. Smart people would have bought the stacks and stacks of Wii's at garage sales the past few years. I would speculate Wii will enter the nostalgia pool in the next 5+ years.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Let me expand for you,
Ask Atari collectors how that went.....and baseball cards, and model trains, and Tin toys, and Western toys, and marbles, and buck rodgers, GI joes, and hot wheels, and star wars toys, and PEZ, and Coca Cola, and Comics and all the other collector segments that spiked to massive prices and then bottomed out.

There's a chance videogames continue to rise, but i'll speculate on the alternative. There are less and less people that even know what a Neo Geo is... Keep in mind most 20 year olds couldn't tell you what a VCR is. Not to mention the upkeep on these consoles is getting rough....

There's still some money to be made in videogames, and they will go up in the short term. Smart people would have bought the stacks and stacks of Wii's at garage sales the past few years. I would speculate Wii will enter the nostalgia pool in the next 5+ years.
FB085A7E-D9E3-4277-B6FB-2A91982E8BF1.jpeg

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Do you guys knowing if the Japanese versions Dragons Crown, Muramasa and Odin Sphere have English language options? Japanese prices for these 3 still seem pretty reasonable...
Great game Dragon's crown reason why I got the vita.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
was playing my vita yesterday. the fucking screen is still amazing on these oled models. all that concern over burn out, and mine still works perfectly.
Mine too, though I recently had to change the battery (not a terribly difficult job, but it sure was easier on the PSP). That said... I love the Vita so much I've bought a second PSVita some months ago, the Slim model, and while my opinion might be unpopular, I'll rarely (if ever) go back to the fat oled model.

Yeah, the LCD screen doesn't have the same deep black, not even close (but you can improve the contrast/saturation if you have a modded Vita), but everything else is just sooo much better. The Slim is more comfortable to hold, with the rounded edges; the weight reduction is a game changer to me, 'cause now I can easily hold it with just one hand - no bad jokes about what the other hand is doin', please; the protruding rounded Select and Start buttons are wonderful, especially when compared to the awful recessed ones of the fat model, and VERY important in games that use them often (like when you have to constantly check a map, for example). And the improved battery life doesn't hurt.

In short, once you stop comparing still images and start playing the games, the Slim has the features that really make a difference, in my opinion. Highly recommended, while you still can find them cheap!

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Yeah. I've considered buying a few batteries preemptively based on PSP history. Batteries are all gone now.

I've actually never owned a slim. I should grab one just for the convenience.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
was playing my vita yesterday. the fucking screen is still amazing on these oled models. all that concern over burn out, and mine still works perfectly.
Indeed. It’s sad to think that phone gizmos killed the Vita when it’s so much better at games than any phone ever.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Yeah. I've considered buying a few batteries preemptively based on PSP history. Batteries are all gone now.
Didn't know that.... thank God a PSVita with Adrenaline is basically the best PSP you can buy... PSP is probably my favorite console of all time, all things considered.
I've actually never owned a slim. I should grab one just for the convenience.
Try one before buying, and let me know what you think about it 😉👍 I think all the drama about the downgrade from oled to LCD really gave the Slim an undeserved bad rep. Wish I got the blue version with the matte finish, it's gorgeous, but I've found a cheap black one and I didn't want to spend more.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Ok. the slim does feel better in my hands. I typically use a grip with the 1000 model, but the curves on the 2000 fit into my hands very well.

The color saturation is actually more pronounced than I expected. Especially for reds. I dont think it makes a big difference, but it's certainly noticeable going from one to the other.

henkaku underway.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Ok. the slim does feel better in my hands. I typically use a grip with the 1000 model, but the curves on the 2000 fit into my hands very well.

The color saturation is actually more pronounced than I expected. Especially for reds. I dont think it makes a big difference, but it's certainly noticeable going from one to the other.

henkaku underway.
😁 Great! Have a nice modding, and let me know your impressions after a longer playtest, if you like it 👍

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Anyone here interested in some of my final Vita games to sell before I post a thread?

Criminal Girls (cart only), Retro City Rampage DX (sealed), Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2 (CB), Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 3 (CB), Hyperdimension Neptunia U (CB), Htolniq CE (sealed), Yomawari/Htolniq (cart only), Dungeon Travelers 2 (CB), and Persona 4 Golden (CB).

Not sure if any of the CB ones came with a manual.

Edit: on hold for now.

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
nKaruga (Ikaruga clone) ported for PSVita, released.

vagoaID.png

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
yup. downloading that.

I also just saw someone ported Streets of Rage remake to Vita.

flat6

n00b
yup. downloading that.

I also just saw someone ported Streets of Rage remake to Vita.
I have that on my Vita. It's great. Installation is a bit of a hassle because it involves downloading and extracting assets from the PC version, but other than that it's highly recommended.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Just got both. Sorr was great on the PC, by nKaruga was a fun demo this afternoon.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Unfortunately I've decided to get rid of all my Vita stuff. If anyone fancies any Japanese games, hit me up as I have about 100 or so up for grabs ranging from common stuff to rare as rocking horse shit items.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Unfortunately I've decided to get rid of all my Vita stuff. If anyone fancies any Japanese games, hit me up as I have about 100 or so up for grabs ranging from common stuff to rare as rocking horse shit items.

Can Japanese games be played in English? Like the Vanillaware games? Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Killzone?

Don’t have a Vita but thinking of getting one. I might just hack it if easy enough.

@JoeAwesome - saw your chat message, thanks!

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
This is literally my only grip with the oled model of the system. This might be worthwhile.
Why? Will it charge faster than 1A?

I've been meaning to bump this thread:

Why Vita/TV Still Rocks in 2023 / Cumulative Roundup
Still a bunch gong on in the hacking/modding community

Android Ports GTA 3/San Andreas / Bully / Cuphead / Dead Space etc
Overclocking / Cheat Database / Resolution Tweaking / Menu's-Gui's/ Vita-Laptop
3G/Vita Card2SD USB
Easiest time ever to jailbreak
PKGj
Steamdeck