Fuck Yeah Vita!

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I’ll admit I went full collectard on the Vita back when games were cheap and plentiful. I’ll be playing my Vita for years to come. :)

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I’ll admit I went full collectard on the Vita back when games were cheap and plentiful. I’ll be playing my Vita for years to come. :)

So did I, but then they started adding up, and I asked myself why I bothered if I'm not going for the full-set. I've scaled back since then.

But yeah, 3rd on playing Vita games. I need to pick up where I left off on Uppers, Monster Monpiece and a few others!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
So did I, but then they started adding up, and I asked myself why I bothered if I'm not going for the full-set. I've scaled back since then.

But yeah, 3rd on playing Vita games. I need to pick up where I left off on Uppers, Monster Monpiece and a few others!

I've never been a completionist with collecting, I like to get everything I want, then everything else is just icing on the pile. I never got into trophies in games either.

MeiQ has my full attention at the moment, but Uppers is on the way.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I've never been a completionist with collecting, I like to get everything I want, then everything else is just icing on the pile. I never got into trophies in games either.

MeiQ has my full attention at the moment, but Uppers is on the way.

Normally, I could care less about being full-set collector, but I'd be lying if I didn't buy into the LRG mentality, even after being selective with my purchases.

ChopstickSamurai

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
This is a fantastic article. It caters heavily to the collector, but it really hits on gamers as well. Some of those games are damn near gone for good.
I've moved away from being a collector, but it certainly validates the people demanding physical for everything.

I also noticed that site has some good reviews on there as well

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
For those of you who also happen to own a PS4, Sony just implemented the ability to change your PSN ID, and doing so can cause issues with some (relatively few) Vita/PS4/PS3 games.

I decided to roll the dice since I was tired of the silly ID that I came up with 12 years ago, and so I'm going to share my results after trying nearly all of the Vita games I currently own. The vast majority of my games don't seem to have any issues, but a small hand-full do.

The following have issues:

Killzone Mercenary (online/offline stats and game progress get reset)
Wipeout 2048 (online functionality can't be accessed)
DJ Max Technika Tune (need to delete save file in order to access the online leaderboards)
Pinball Arcade (leaderboard ranks get reset)
Deception 4 Blood Ties (leaderboard ranks get reset and any custom levels that were uploaded get erased)

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
For those of you who also happen to own a PS4, Sony just implemented the ability to change your PSN ID, and doing so can cause issues with some (relatively few) Vita/PS4/PS3 games.

I decided to roll the dice since I was tired of the silly ID that I came up with 12 years ago, and so I'm going to share my results after trying nearly all of the Vita games I currently own. The vast majority of my games don't seem to have any issues, but a small hand-full do.

The following have issues:

Killzone Mercenary (online/offline stats and game progress get reset)
Wipeout 2048 (online functionality can't be accessed)
DJ Max Technika Tune (need to delete save file in order to access the online leaderboards)
Pinball Arcade (leaderboard ranks get reset)
Deception 4 Blood Ties (leaderboard ranks get reset and any custom levels that were uploaded get erased)

good to know. Thankfully, I don't give two shits what my PSN name is and will just leave it as-is. I'm obviously out of touch with people, because I don't at all understand why anyone cares about this as much as they do.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
good to know. Thankfully, I don't give two shits what my PSN name is and will just leave it as-is. I'm obviously out of touch with people, because I don't at all understand why anyone cares about this as much as they do.

Because XxCRACK_WHORExX was ok for a psn when your younger but as you get older that may not be what you want anymore.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Because XxCRACK_WHORExX was ok for a psn when your younger but as you get older that may not be what you want anymore.

LOL my old PSN ID wasn't anywhere near that bad, but that reminds me that I once encountered someone on PSN many years ago with the ID of "tranny_lover" or something like that.

ChopstickSamurai

LOL my old PSN ID wasn't anywhere near that bad, but that reminds me that I once encountered someone on PSN many years ago with the ID of "tranny_lover" or something like that.

They were just ahead of their time. In 2019 that’s a top tier PSN ID.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Just noticed the Ambermoon mention. That game is amazing. The Ishtar Trilogy is also worth a browse if you looking for that stuff.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Just noticed the Ambermoon mention. That game is amazing. The Ishtar Trilogy is also worth a browse if you looking for that stuff.

Worth mentioning that the final entry Albion, is now on Gog. Its a Win 95/98 game. Been trying to get a big box pc version of that shit for years on eBay, but I think it's actually rare, and the price is insane. Gog is the only sane answer at this point.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I am setting an alarm to order Shakedown Hawaii ... If I miss out on that because of a bunch of LRG fucking booger eating nerds who will never open it and play it I swear to fucking god I will lose my shit.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I am setting an alarm to order Shakedown Hawaii ... If I miss out on that because of a bunch of LRG fucking booger eating nerds who will never open it and play it I swear to fucking god I will lose my shit.

What time tho? the retro city reprint didn't sell out right away.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I hacked my Vita in the last few weeks. 200gb Sd cart and 64gb memory card. Been spending some quality time with it since. Are any of the Antelier games any good there's tons of them and they all confuse me. Some of the games look dumb like you just mix up a bunch of potions. It also seems like some games (overall in general these days) are too complicated as well. I'm looking for simple Rpgs and Action adventure games. I'm a few minutes into one of games and the dialotg seems dumb.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I hacked my Vita in the last few weeks. 200gb Sd cart and 64gb memory card. Been spending some quality time with it since. Are any of the Antelier games any good there's tons of them and they all confuse me. Some of the games look dumb like you just mix up a bunch of potions. It also seems like some games (overall in general these days) are too complicated as well. I'm looking for simple Rpgs and Action adventure games. I'm a few minutes into one of games and the dialotg seems dumb.

yeah, the Dusk trilogy ones are pretty good but it is primarily mixing potions like you said. Play Ar Nosurge!

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Thank God, managed to grab a shakedown Hawaii. Was tempted to grab two but didn't because that's a dick move.