FS: Twinkle Star Sprites Kit (Sold everything)

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Very nice looking copy, not perfect mind you, but still, damn nice looking! If I even liked that game, I might of bought it, but alas it's just not my cup o tea! GLWTS bro! I am sure there will be someone to buy it as I have more than one friend talking about it already! :)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yeah, saw this in person at TMG. My main concern was the mini marquee had, obviously, been in a cab with the light on for a while.

Jon

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So two offers have been made, and they are going to be considered. Anyone can throw an offer out, so there's nothing to lose. I'll give it thought.

Tyranix, your PM box is full. Please clear it so I can send you a message.

Last edited:

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
So this is a For Offer sales thread now? :shame:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
So this is a For Offer sales thread now? :shame:

It was always a for offer thread. No one was going to pay $1400 for that kit.

I like his strategy, I am going to use it for all my future sales threads.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
His sig.

Looking to pay $650 for SSVS kit. Wants moar than double for TSS.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
His sig.

Looking to pay $650 for SSVS kit. Wants moar than double for TSS.

Umm...I haven't updated the sig in over a year. I ended up getting the cartridge only from a member here, but wanted the kit. The original intention was to up the prices if someone wanted to get rid of their kit, but I haven't had the time to do so...

...So why are you trying to make a point out of my OLD sig, especially when I am considering offers for something that I have? Not only is this ignorant, but it's foolish to assume it like that. Again, read the description in order to understand why I put up that price in the first place (hint- it's the 9th small paragraph), then return to the next paragraph.

Too many "members" that have come on the marketplace, thinking that they would get the games cheap and flip them. Anyone without morals and integrity would do the same. That's why it's at such a high price...to deter the scalpers and keep the true members interested in what could be theirs. You kind of killed that aspect of it, so now I have to put up with all the bullshit that is stock messages that "members" would message me about the fucking game:

"oh, I saw that it was best offer, and I want you to know that I am a contributing member. I would like to have it for $50 shipped."

...They joined yesterday, and are asking to buy the game. Thanks. Thanks a lot for wasting my time...

All it takes is one offer, and they'll have it. Two members stepped up, and maybe you should too if you're interested.

It was always a for offer thread. No one was going to pay $1400 for that kit.

I like his strategy, I am going to use it for all my future sales threads.

I don't know if that's supposed to be sarcastic or a compliment, but ANYONE could buy it, as long as it's a reasonable offer. As mentioned to F4U57 commercial pickup truck from above (seriously, that's what your username sounds like, a commercial pickup truck or airplane), two members stepped up to the plate, and I'm considering the offers.

And by the way, I always thought you were the detective in your profile pic on here, not the alien.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo................

$51 shipped? :keke:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I don't know if that's supposed to be sarcastic or a compliment, but ANYONE could buy it, as long as it's a reasonable offer.

Put the reasonable price as the price you want for the item. Otherwise it is skirting the whole point of not allowing MMO threads in the marketplace.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
First of all, the seller is a stand up guy that sold me my Pulstar cart at well below market value. I mentioned the idea of putting a high price on this kit and accepting offers so blame me for that I guess. It doesn't violate the rules but maybe skirts them. Anyway, yeah $1400 is certainly high. I'd look to pay $400 for it due to the condition. The box has damage and the mini marquee is sun-faded to oblivion. Maybe it'd be worth $500-$600 *if it was absolutely mint*. That last part of the sentence cannot be emphasized enough. I don't know who put the idea of this being worth 4 figures into his head but obviously someone clueless did. But hey, it's a seller's market right now. These don't come up often and we have a certain thirsty subgroup of members that are desperate as fuck to acquire everything they possibly can, price be damned.

FWIW, I understand Ash Burton recently sold a TSS kit on Shmups in better shape that was listed at $650 and sat for a while. I'm happy with my mint loose cart that cost like $50 so have at it. Not about to spend hundreds on a kit that isn't grade A. Real talk: Come on man, do the right thing. Stop trying to recoup what you spent on your mint kit and sell this for within a reasonable amount of what you paid for it.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
just wanted to chime in, a week after purchasing my loose TSS here for $400, 2 other loose copies have come up on ebay now. one for $550, and the other for $600.
pretty sure he can get above that for the kit.
not sure anyone really grasps how quickly the game market is spiraling out of control. its getting to be bi-monthly increases in prices i feel like.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
OK, full disclosure.

While running my booth at Too Many Games, another member, Stefan, approached me and asked me to come over to Windy Games's booth, saying it was important. I went over there and, with Chris, was Cold Wolf and his TSS kit. I was asked what he could possibly get for it...of course, asking the big question "do the serials match"...they did. Granted, I didn't notice the damage on the label (which is minor)...the mini-marquee was yellowed...not "sunfaded to hell" as someone else said earlier. (You didn't hold this in your hand, I did)

So, my thought was that what he had was pushing $1000. I had bought a complete TSS kit (US) from Shawn in the Neo Store over 10 years ago. IIRC, it was $600. In that item's case, the serial numbers didn't match either. Regardless of condition, the length of time since I bought my kit, he could possibly be looking at much more. If this were Nintendo Age, he'd be looking at a ton more, it's not, I get it.

Cdamm basically called me over to ask what he should pay for it. My response was "high 3 figures". I didn't get into a specific dollar amount, that was between Coldwolf and Cdamm. I even suggested he might want to talk 8man, as this was right up his ally. Cdamm and Coldwolf continued to negotiate after I left that discussion. Later on, Cdamm came by my booth and said that he probably wouldn't be getting the kit. He told me what the offer was but, I won't reveal that here, or, any of the other specifics of that deal. I will say it was a lot less than I thought it would go for...but, keep in mind, Cdamm runs a business, and has to make a profit.

So, I could possibly be "the idiot" who gave him the idea that his game was worth that much. If anyone here has any other past sales of complete US kits with matching serials ready to be linked to now might be a good time to post them. Otherwise, I stand by my "pushing $1000" estimate.

Basically, a lot of what I've been reading has been from a lot of people that want the item (badly, by the way) but, aren't willing to make a reasonable offer.

To coldwolf, I say if you don't get a serious offer by the end of the week, just list it on ebay. As for starting bid, start with what you paid and see where it goes.

Jon

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
Good god, I can't believe what this place has become.

Remember the good old times when people used to ask what they paid for their games?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Good god, I can't believe what this place has become.

Remember the good old times when people used to ask what they paid for their games?

I'm genuinely curious what he paid for it. Especially since I owned what he had, minus the matching serial.

Jon

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
OK guys, so I knew something like this was going to happen, and I just want to clarify what I have done and what has said about the kit too.

We already know about the Too Many Games scenario- Cdamm offered for the kit, and Jon and company gave me an idea of how much it would be. Just the idea, not a solid price. I did think that I would get more from what was being offered, especially with me collecting complete, matching kits. He tried working with me to sell the kit to someone that was interested in it, but it was a no go for the seller. I just didn't pursue selling the kit after that.

So I continued last year on finding an idea on prices. So on October 1st, 2015, I got a straightforward answer from Yagyu Jubei that the kit in Japanese was about $600 and the English version was $75-800 bucks. He edited and stated that:

"At this point the seller can charge what he wants since matching kits are rare." Read the new "what it's worth" thread

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?240910-The-all-new-What-s-it-worth-thread/page41

I also got feedback from Wyo in regards to the kit too, and so I followed what the majority told me what I could get for it. I wanted to go through the forum on here and sell it, rather than on eBay because I want this kit to go to an established forum member (ex. member since 2000-2008, respectable post count, etc).

OK, full disclosure.

While running my booth at Too Many Games, another member, Stefan, approached me and asked me to come over to Windy Games's booth, saying it was important. I went over there and, with Chris, was Cold Wolf and his TSS kit. I was asked what he could possibly get for it...of course, asking the big question "do the serials match"...they did. Granted, I didn't notice the damage on the label (which is minor)...the mini-marquee was yellowed...not "sunfaded to hell" as someone else said earlier. (You didn't hold this in your hand, I did)

So, my thought was that what he had was pushing $1000. I had bought a complete TSS kit (US) from Shawn in the Neo Store over 10 years ago. IIRC, it was $600. In that item's case, the serial numbers didn't match either. Regardless of condition, the length of time since I bought my kit, he could possibly be looking at much more. If this were Nintendo Age, he'd be looking at a ton more, it's not, I get it.

Cdamm basically called me over to ask what he should pay for it. My response was "high 3 figures". I didn't get into a specific dollar amount, that was between Coldwolf and Cdamm. I even suggested he might want to talk 8man, as this was right up his ally. Cdamm and Coldwolf continued to negotiate after I left that discussion. Later on, Cdamm came by my booth and said that he probably wouldn't be getting the kit. He told me what the offer was but, I won't reveal that here, or, any of the other specifics of that deal. I will say it was a lot less than I thought it would go for...but, keep in mind, Cdamm runs a business, and has to make a profit.

So, I could possibly be "the idiot" who gave him the idea that his game was worth that much. If anyone here has any other past sales of complete US kits with matching serials ready to be linked to now might be a good time to post them. Otherwise, I stand by my "pushing $1000" estimate.

Basically, a lot of what I've been reading has been from a lot of people that want the item (badly, by the way) but, aren't willing to make a reasonable offer.

To coldwolf, I say if you don't get a serious offer by the end of the week, just list it on ebay. As for starting bid, start with what you paid and see where it goes.

Jon

Thanks for the disclosure and advice, Jon.

I think that you guys were caught off guard when you saw the kit tbh. You didn't think that I was going to pull out one out of my book bag. It could make sense in that aspect. I don't think that your estimate was far fetched, Jon, as I mentioned what another member said, and that's how I looked at it. I went with what a majority of members stated to me about the kit, and listed it at $1400.

Knowing that $1400 was WAY out of the pricing, I did adjust for that sake.

I already e-mailed Shawn about the kit and he gave me his offer on it. I know that the price would be $2500 for the complete TSS kit when he relists it. This kit would rot before he sells it. I'm not selling it for that much though, anyways.

I don't like the idea of the kit going on eBay because they stand by the buyer more than they do the seller. Flat out, I don't want to go that route unless if I have to.

I will tell members that so far, Cdamm had the higher number on the kit (I am looking at your original offer of what you offered me at TMG), and I will talk to him if other members don't want to add their two cents. Tyranix offered me slightly lower, but also included trades with cash. Just told him I'm looking at cash more than trades and cash.

Wyo, I appreciate the feedback and the real talk about the kit. I just want to see if there are any other offers that will come up. If anything, I will do what's appropriate. In the meantime, I want to give people a chance to throw in their offers before I do anything.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks for the disclosure and advice, Jon.

I think that you guys were caught off guard when you saw the kit tbh. You didn't think that I was going to pull out one out of my book bag. It could make sense in that aspect. I don't think that your estimate was far fetched, Jon, as I mentioned what another member said, and that's how I looked at it. I went with what a majority of members stated to me about the kit, and listed it at $1400.

Caught off guard...probably not. I've held some extremely rare/valuable games in my hands before. What made me more nervous than anything was guessing at a price from thin air when there's no sales to back it up. As I said before, "pushing $1000" was an estimate...based on what I paid, what a loose cart goes for, plus markup, nothing more.

When cdamm asked me what he should pay...with you standing right there...really put him on the spot, too. Because, if he didn't go along with what I said, he might look like a jerk. (Chris, don't kill me...just how I felt)

That was what I was nervous about most of all. I do stand behind my estimate, though.

Jon