FS: PC Engine games...piles of them

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Seriously, as of posting this I've listed all the HuCards and probably only 1/3 the CD stuff....just making my way down the shelf.

Prices range from best guess to firm. (tweaking them as I go if I see that I am off) From my gut reaction they seem fair or better. But don't be afraid to hit me up if something seems off. Please do not haggle over $5 here or there though, my soul can only take so much. I will definitely make deals for people that want to buy a stack.

I plan on doing a full photo library, but I don't see that happening ASAP as it would be a huge undertaking. Most are good or better, with some minty ones I opened myself. I try to list any faults as I see them. I only bought nice stuff. So, if you are only "curious" the condition of something, please don't ask me for pics unless it's something that if you got a nice pic you'd definitely hop on it. Just throw me some courtesy is all.

Prices are NOT SHIPPED. Shipping will depend on what you get and how much of it blah blah.

There is a ton of filler in there, most listed for $10 - I am definitely down to deal on multiples of those. Just hit me up.

Here's the list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-vy6CQKmipLC0YMytQI7YmXLMe8yWYmMHFv_6GolFl8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Checked the list and while there wasn't anything I need, I saw your ??? on Dead of the Brain. I bought a copy last year on a hell of a deal. I don't want to post the cost here and blow your spot up but PM me if you want to know

GLWS

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Checked the list and while there wasn't anything I need, I saw your ??? on Dead of the Brain. I bought a copy last year on a hell of a deal. I don't want to post the cost here and blow your spot up but PM me if you want to know

GLWS

I will probably hit you up out of morbid curiosity. I need to dig up what I paid for it ages ago and just ask that. Not looking to gouge.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lot of PCE Works in there pixelj... ;)

Good price on Mysterious Song BTW, that's the 2nd print sale price.

Is this you selling out most or all of your PCE collection, you keeping any US originals ? Wondering if this is a complete good-bye sell-off.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Lot of PCE Works in there pixelj... ;)

Good price on Mysterious Song BTW, that's the 2nd print sale price.

Is this you selling out most or all of your PCE collection, you keeping any US originals ? Wondering if this is a complete good-bye sell-off.

I have never hated Tobias/PCE Works, I get why people do though. I hate playing CDRs on my hardware and the fact these are all factory pressed, gave me enough reason to bite. Plus, I sold off my baller US titles once I got his boots, so it was win-win for me. To answer your question, sold off all my US originals last year. It was weird, because most of them I had since release and they were somewhat sentimental. But, I was just sick of them taking up space, honestly.

I also bought an SSD3 and am looking to trim down. I just don't like "collecting" things anymore. I assume it's a symptom of getting older? So, while it is a sell-off, it's definitely not goodbye. SSD3 fo lyfe - I am keeping a handful of RPG disks even though I have no hardware to play them. They're just too damn pretty and nobody wants to buy them anyway. Anearth Fantasy Story, Legend of Xanadu, Startling Odyssey 2 and Emerald Dragon...I just love all the art and bits that come with them.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Everyone's that bought something should already have tracking - if you paid and I didn't either add tracking to the paypal transaction or message you, hit me up

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't like "collecting" things anymore. I assume it's a symptom of getting older? So, while it is a sell-off, it's definitely not goodbye.
I hear ya, getting tougher to justify. If it's just shelf space to you, might as well go to a better home than just sit there.

They're just too damn pretty and nobody wants to buy them anyway. Anearth Fantasy Story, Legend of Xanadu, Startling Odyssey 2 and Emerald Dragon...I just love all the art and bits that come with them.

Yeah, I bought some of those a few years back given the future SamIAm localization projects.

Despite Nemesis Medina hounding me, I still work on Emerald Dragon a bit when possible. I had a potential offer from RetroTranslator Tom (nice guy!) to finish the last 40% of the script, but unfortunately HG101/ResetEra "cancelled" him for "tranny" in one of his games, he quit everywhere, so I don't have a Japanese translator ATM... My other friend got too busy and then the virus pandemic destroyed his business... Filler might help me for DSII some day though.

Last edited:

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I hear ya, getting tougher to justify. If it's just shelf space to you, might as well go to a better home than just sit there.

Yeah, I bought some of those a few years back given the future SamIAm localization projects.

Despite Nemesis Medina hounding me, I still work on Emerald Dragon a bit when possible. I had a potential offer from RetroTranslator Tom (nice guy!) to finish the last 40% of the script, but unfortunately HG101/ResetEra "cancelled" him for "tranny" in one of his games, he quit everywhere, so I don't have a Japanese translator ATM... My other friend got too busy and then the virus pandemic destroyed his business... Filler might help me for DSII some day though.

Does every conversation have to come back to Medina or some inane tidbit about how you are connected to the fan translation community?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0

Exactly, I'd like them to go onto the next person to enjoy them at this point.

I am extremely excited for the Xanadu II and Anearth translations someday - glad to hear you are still at it. I wish I could help with that stuff, but all I know how to do is make pixels into pretty pictures. So, if a project ever comes up you need an artist -wink-

I had a potential offer from RetroTranslator Tom (nice guy!) to finish the last 40% of the script, but unfortunately HG101/ResetEra "cancelled" him for "tranny" in one of his games, he quit everywhere

Oh man, I just read that - jeez that's awful. I really hate the internet. That guy did nothing wrong.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Tons still available - last call before ebay or I decide to just make a video of me burning Burning Angels

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm, alright, I took another look, decided on:

Snatcher [PCE]
Dragon Knight II
Dragon Knight III
Star Breaker

Get me a price with shipping on all 4 and I'll PayPal gift it.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
If I have to ask I’m sure I can’t afford it, but out of curiosity did you decide on a price for Dead of Brain?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Hm, alright, I took another look, decided on:

Snatcher [PCE]
Dragon Knight II
Dragon Knight III
Star Breaker

Get me a price with shipping on all 4 and I'll PayPal gift it.

Tonight's crazy for me with work and booze. Will shoot you a PM tomorrow man.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Anyone looking for filler? I'll do 10x $10 titles for $90 shipped today...help me clear these fucking shelves.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PCECD order safely arrived today from the great state of Texas! :buttrock:

Looks like you never touched them, pretty good condition. I expected them to be a bit more beat up for used.

PCECDOrder20200526.jpg

I used this PCECD catalog feature I ported to JavaScript/DHTML some years ago (used to be just a Win32 app) to help pick out these games, might be helpful to someone else.

If you type the title from Chad's sale spreadsheet in the search box, you'll get 4 quick screenshots. I rather like it, randomly find stuff I never knew existed. Examples:

https://www.pcenginefx.com/catalog/#4141
https://www.pcenginefx.com/catalog/#0911
https://www.pcenginefx.com/catalog/#3771

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
My PCECD order safely arrived today from the great state of Texas! :buttrock:

Looks like you never touched them, pretty good condition. I expected them to be a bit more beat up for used.

PCECDOrder20200526.jpg

I used this PCECD catalog feature I ported to JavaScript/DHTML some years ago (used to be just a Win32 app) to help pick out these games, might be helpful to someone else.

If you type the title from Chad's sale spreadsheet in the search box, you'll get 4 quick screenshots. I rather like it, randomly find stuff I never knew existed. Examples:

https://www.pcenginefx.com/catalog/#4141
https://www.pcenginefx.com/catalog/#0911
https://www.pcenginefx.com/catalog/#3771

Awesome! I wish I had this years ago when I was buying up stuff on YAJ lol Thanks! That Tenshi No Uta 2 has Dark Left on it as well:

Last edited:

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Tenshi No Uta 2 has Dark Left on it as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARcJkQ2eM6Y

Aah, so that's why you bought it, didn't know about that! A shooter hidden in a JRPG ?? Although there's that other hidden shooter Tobias made a separate bootleg of (Forcegear?), I know about that.

Did they expect you to provide your own background music though, it's just sound effects ? Heh. And how many stages, just one I take it ??

Anyway, yeah, thanks, the main 3 are in pretty good condition! The manual is worn for Tenshi as seen from the photo, but I'd expect that was the original Japanese owner's fault.

The manuals of my new Japanese imports are left mint because I look at 'em once for any purty pictures/art, and then it's just storage, can't do much else... If bought used from Japan, the owner(s) naturally would've had a reason to keep looking at the manual and wearing it out.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Aah, so that's why you bought it, no, I didn't know about that! A shooter hidden in a JRPG ??

Did they expect you to provide your own background music though, it's just sound effects ? Heh. And how many stages, just one I take it ??

Anyway, yeah, thanks, the main 3 in are pretty good condition!

The manual is worn for Tenshi as seen from the photo, but I'd expect that was the original Japanese owner's fault. The manuals of my new Japanese imports are left mint because I look at 'em once for any purty pictures/art, and then it's just storage, can't do much else... But, if you bought it used from Japan, the owner(s) understandably would've had a reason to keep looking at the manual and wearing it out.

I've found most popular RPGs I acquired from YAJ tended to have some manual wear, exactly for that reason. They play them. Far East of Eden 2, for example, good luck finding a map in good shape. Lol