FS: Neo Geo SuperNeo 29 Candy and SuperNeo Type II and Knockoff Sega New Astro City - SOLD

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I've never actually done anything like this so I have no idea what that would take. Any idea on a good company that would do all that?

joe- hmu. I'll link you up with some solid transport people if you want to try and arrange that.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I've used Allied in the past to move cabs. Check what cdamm has to say since he's been moving cabs around lately.

I've never actually done anything like this so I have no idea what that would take. Any idea on a good company that would do all that?

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Found a 6 slot motherboard in my storage area - not sure if it works or not though. I'll throw it in with the Neo Candy if you're interested.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Found a 6 slot motherboard in my storage area - not sure if it works or not though. I'll throw it in with the Neo Candy if you're interested.

Heck yeah I'm interested in that 6 slot, sorry I haven't got back to yet work has been nuts but I have the weekend off so hopefully we can work something out I'll send you an email Saturday

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Bump... I'm only a couple days away from having to load these up for storage and ship them to Texas. I'd rather sell them than have to pay to ship them and then store them when they get to Texas.

Any reasonable offer would be considered.

KingJavo

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Today, in Delaware, Ohio. After today, in storage for a few months while my house is being sold and I move to Texas.

Jeff

I'm in Florida, but my sister lives in Chattanooga, TN. The only thing I probably could do is have her meet you in TN, but you would need to bring them down on your way to TX. :(

Let me know if this is possible, but I understand if you choose not to.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am not really familiar with many shipping services but I used craters and freighters to come in and take a 230lb. crt from a guys house. They also packaged it and got it on a pallet. They did that all for $170. Then I paid about $280 for the shipping, to a company called freightquote and had them ship it to the loading dock nearest to my zip code.

Both of those companies worked with me through the whole process and they did a good job of handling everything.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I am not really familiar with many shipping services but I used craters and freighters to come in and take a 230lb. crt from a guys house. They also packaged it and got it on a pallet. They did that all for $170. Then I paid about $280 for the shipping, to a company called freightquote and had them ship it to the loading dock nearest to my zip code.

Both of those companies worked with me through the whole process and they did a good job of handling everything.

yeah I really tried to get this thing shipped out to me on the west coast but turned out to be waaaay too costly. If your place is not tractor trailer accessible be prepared to pay out the ass.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Bump - nobody in Texas interested? I'll be putting them on eBay soon.

I'm open to offers (not trades).

Jeff

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Cabs are now in Dunedin, Florida (near Clearwater / Tampa area). Still for sale.

DaveyDarko

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Candy Cabs finally show up for sale in my state, and I dont have the play money ;-;
Grats to whomever ends up picking these up!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
God you guys are so unfortunate to not be in so cal. I got both versions of that cab, about 350 each XD

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
God you guys are so unfortunate to not be in so cal. I got both versions of that cab, about 350 each XD

Demand>supply here. That said, my Neo Candy 29 was $500 and Egret 2 was $800 (both FL purchases). The main problem is impatient people overpaying for stuff. Other sellers see it and charge more for their stuff. Some people even ship cabs in from out of state, which makes absolutely no sense to me but it's their money I guess. These things are old as fuck and can and will die at any moment.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
These things are old as fuck and can and will die at any moment.

I was just going to ask why people don't just stick them in a van and drive them if the price difference is so high. Well there's my answer.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Demand>supply here. That said, my Neo Candy 29 was $500 and Egret 2 was $800 (both FL purchases). The main problem is impatient people overpaying for stuff. Other sellers see it and charge more for their stuff. Some people even ship cabs in from out of state, which makes absolutely no sense to me but it's their money I guess. These things are old as fuck and can and will die at any moment.

I got to know replacing parts on chassis, power supplies. People who buy cabs end up being tech's. I'm one of those people. I own 6 candy's, one of which was a gutted Megalo that I gave a new life. Ultimately, if you don't know your wiring, and recapping stuff, learn it! It never hurts to know things, and with practice it's to much trouble. If they die it's probably the chassis, and you can reflow those chassis and it may revive it, barring that, it might be your horizontal output transistor, barring that it may end up being your line flyback transformer. Could be bad caps! I got my copy of SSVS mvs for replacing a friends HOT on my friends neo 25.

I've never known of a actual CRT to fail me, but those can be yoke swapped if the ohms or whatever are within range on the yoke or something. Things may die, but IMO that shouldn't distract someone from picking up a dead one. In my eyes, I would rather save 100$ or more by buying a dead cab. So many of those cabs are filthy anyways and need a good cleansing. My dead pony was 200$ and look at it now:

Last edited: