FS: Neo-Geo Super Play Laserdiscs

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Looking to sell a few doubles from my Super Play LD collection. These are all NTSC, so will not play on a PAL only player.

For those that don't know what these are - they are Super Plays, guides to the game and the characters. They are not games! You will need a LD player to view them and the spoken audio is all in Japanese.

I will ship worldwide from Canada. Shipping is charged at cost to the buyer. Payment is accepted through paypal F&F / gift.

Prices are in UK pounds sterling.

More detailed photos availble on request. They've all been tested and appear fine (I haven't got the time to watch them all through from start to finish).

ALL the discs come with their original protective "condom".

Art of Fighting 3 - £75
One of the hardest to find of the Neo-Geo LDs. Is complete with insert, survey card and the Neo-Geo World premium pass. Very good condition overall, a tiny tear on the OBI and a small bit of fade on the red text of the OBI.

51825090484_5bbd347b9f_w.jpg

Art of Figting - £40
Comes with insert and OBI - excellent condition overall.

51825467255_78f68d014e_w.jpg

Fatal Fury 2 - £25
Comes with insert and OBI - very good condition overall

51824746826_2fee972abd_w.jpg

Fatal Fury 3 - £40
Comes with insert, survey card and OBI - excellent condition overall

51825466865_c8a411ccce_w.jpg

Fatal Fury Special - £40
Comes with insert, OBI and and the mini-flyer that promotes a special telephone card you could get by sending off the attached token to Scitron (token has been redeemed). Excellent condition overall (sone very minor fading on the left edge of the OBI).

51824747021_b4ef99a0a0_w.jpg

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   1
is this just gameplay footage? I've never seen those before

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
is this just gameplay footage? I've never seen those before
Pretty much. They usually come with an introduction, followed by guides to each character and their move and combo sets. Think Youtube walkthrough before Youtube was even a glint in the creators eye.

Some Neo-Geo Superplays also contain promo material like TV adverts / spots and stuff.

There must around 20 or so Neo-Geo that were all given the Superplay treatment by Scitron. One of these days I'll post them all up in the collection gallery, but not today.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty fun, I have the KOF 96 one. They are more for super fans who love the voice actors and such, you won’t find high end techniques at work though. They are closer to a video instruction manual than a combo video.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I suppose this is one of those things that can appeal to a number of different people:

Those that collect Neo-Geo related stuff and have an LD player to watch them on
Those that just collect Neo-Geo related stuff
Those that collect Superplay LDs
Those that just collect LDs period

zed7

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are any of these Superplays on YouTube? I'd love to watch one, but I don't have an LD player or the money for one...

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Are any of these Superplays on YouTube? I'd love to watch one, but I don't have an LD player or the money for one...
No idea, I think some may have been uploaded... you could try using Youtube's search function... just saying.