FS: Multigame 161-in-1 AES Limited Edition - Brand new condition!

DavidG

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Like the title states this is for the LE AES version of this cart. This is a limited run cart, very few will be made.

It's recommend to have a unibios installed for this cart. 159 of the 161 games work perfectly, the only two that will not start are CTHD and CTHD Super Plus. Both CTHD games require a backup memory upgrade for your aes in order to work. I have this upgrade working on one of my systems and both CTHD games run perfectly once you have done the mod. The backup memory upgrade will be available in the new year.

Soft case - new
Cart shell - new
Sticker and insert - new
Yellow card - new
MVS games list sticker - new

$650 plus $20 to ship within Canada or the USA. It will be more for international.

dalde1

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, looks fantastic, think you've got a great product here. I'm just building a CMVS and this would largely make it redundant, when will they be available and without commiting, would it be possible to send back to you to change the chips if there is a significant update (i.e with the missing games) for an appropriate charge od course ;-)

l2yan00

Quiz Detective
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
not an aes collector anymore but bump for an item i didnt even know exsisted... pretty cool man!

hitorkori

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thats sweet so does it works in any aes bar those 2 cthd games or do u have to have a unibios in

aes for it to work

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I always wondered when someone will start converting these 1 in XXX carts.

JS

DavidG

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don't know...Sort of looks like Ganryu with the face in the sky like that. I think this looks way better than Ganryu. Funny thing is I had one of those carts in hand a few weeks ago. Maybe it rubbed off on me :).

Dalde: The boards were designed to allow the chips to be swapped out. The only thing that is important with that idea is the newer version must use the same setup like the 150 and 161 use the same parts. If in the future a 180 or higher comes out then it could be done.

The game in the image is ready to go now and is forsale.

Hitorkori: The game runs fine with a normal bios. The only issue I have seen when using a normal AES bios besides the two CTHD games not starting would be on CvS Chaos Plus. When at the select screen you're unable to move to another character. The unibios fixes that issue.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
That is one sweet cart. I have been meaning to get into the MVS scene but honestly now that this is available I'm starting to rethink it. Price is a bit high but its always nice to have options. Great looking product I would love to see a review by someone who picked it up and tried it.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Because he designed his own AES pcbs and moved the parts from a 161-n-1 MVS to his boards. So, the 161 is probably around $100. His custom PCBs (two of them) probably cost him around $100~$125 each because of their size and he probably did a quick-turn service (not a full PCB run), so they are more expensive per piece. Add in a $40~$50 NOS cart for the shell/case. You're around $400 just in parts. Now add in his time to design the PCBs, work on moving the parts, designing/printing the insert/sticker, you're easily up to his price range for a very limited Neo item.

If I was still into collecting AES games, I'd snag one of these just for the novelty.

Jeff

so why is it so expensive?????

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Everyone knows where these multi-carts come from. But there is a cost in obtaining one of the 161 carts to use in the process, so it is a "factor" in the price, which was the question, not the legality of the device. That would make for another interesting discussion though.

A very limited, illegal, bootleg Neo item. Let's not gloss over it.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I get the point that the custom boards and printing etc has a price. But just thinking, maybe there will be more market for just a PCB as a kit or something for a more affordable price. Many have already the MVS multicart or a non working cart for a shell and stuff. I just don't see investing that amount if for the same price, a CMVS slim from analog interactive is on reach... which would make this redundant.

DavidG

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sold - thanks everyone. May have another sometime in January.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Can a standard sac cart be used?

Say I didn't want it to be new, or in collectors condition.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Hi DavidG,
Sorry for my weak English, I would like to know that this cart can play with my AES console normally, right? My AES console doesn't have any bios upgrade, can I play every games in cart normally, right? Nice for cart :)
Regards,
Saad

It's recommend to have a unibios installed for this cart. 159 of the 161 games work perfectly, the only two that will not start are CTHD and CTHD Super Plus. Both CTHD games require a backup memory upgrade for your aes in order to work. I have this upgrade working on one of my systems and both CTHD games run perfectly once you have done the mod. The backup memory upgrade will be available in the new year.

DavidG

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This cart won't be able to use the normal sac process.

You can use a normal un-modded system just fine, the only issue other than CTHD not starting (due to missing backup memory) would be CvS Plus which starts but you're unable to move at the selection screen. The unibios fixes that issue - other than that it runs fine.

jon713

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Would be nice to whoever purchased it to post up a video of this bad boy in action!

Awesome stuff DavidG!

syrotuck

n00b
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sorry for the delay DavidG I've been on vacation. Cart arrived very quickly and well packaged. Communication with DavidG was great and the cart works fantastically well. Sorry jon713 I don't have a video camera and my phones knackered.

shaung

n00b
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is DavidG still an active member on this forum? I would love to add one of these to my collection.