FS/FT: Repro/Original Posters - Neo, Capcom, Cave, SHMUPS

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Should the first post be used to show everyone what exactly you are currently taking orders on?

I can see this getting tangled through pages

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
Should the first post be used to show everyone what exactly you are currently taking orders on?

I can see this getting tangled through pages

Yep. I'm going to close this shortly and do an "official" sales thread.

I'd rather do a few at a time in quantity than 15 one-off posters.

If you guys want something specific, tell me now and I'll do the top 5 or so requests for now and get those rolling.

Tacitus

Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
DFK cropped, cleaned up and filtered. If this is what you want, I'll put this in the first run.

Spoiler:
7k59.jpg

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The member "rancor" over at shmups had some high-res scans on his site. I wanted to check them out again-- but looks like his site is temporarily down. :(

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
The member "rancor" over at shmups had some high-res scans on his site. I wanted to check them out again-- but looks like his site is temporarily down. :(

From what I understand, he took a trip back to the States and took the sight down while he's away. Once he returns to JP next mo., the site should be back up.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
If anyone has books like these, now would be a good time to break them out so they can get scanned.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm sure I have every one of Rancors high res. scan from his site on my PC, will check later tonight when I'm home if needed .

Tacitus

Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
Wait until you see what I did last night...

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Does it look a bit blurred or is that just me?
Not just you.

It'll be due to it being upscaled. Presumably VT upscaled it to 'x' size from it's native smaller size, then saved it down again to upload here on the forum.

Also, I doubt you'll be able to run those NM posters successfully. Regardless of the filters used to try and disguise the issue with resolution, I just don't think they will reproduce well at all.

Maybe someone can come up with/provide some better artwork...

Tacitus

Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
Not just you.

It'll be due to it being upscaled. Presumably VT upscaled it to 'x' size from it's native smaller size, then saved it down again to upload here on the forum.

Also, I doubt you'll be able to run those NM posters successfully. Regardless of the filters used to try and disguise the issue with resolution, I just don't think they will reproduce well at all.

Maybe someone can come up with/provide some better artwork...

True.

The other problem with NM is going to be the very dark tones. The printing process and glossy paper has a small issue with black heavy tones.

On top of that, the NM source I have isn't great, so upscaling it is having some problems. I'll get it perfect eventually.

I'm working on getting very nice and crisp source art for NM. Just going to take some time.. if someone else can provide it, I'll do those ASAP.

BTW, Here's the DOJ DOJ BL print I did. It's glossy and the colors jump off. the slightly lighter red on the right side of the pic is glare from the light. Seeing this thing in person is really awesome. My camera is washing out the colors a bit.

mZWqMDa.jpg

Tacitus

Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
If anyone wants to buy the Batrider or DOJBL ones I just printed, I'll sell them for $32.50 shipped each as I need to order supplies.