FS/FT hyper 64 board rev.1

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I`ve got an unused hyper 64 board rev.1 laying around gathering dust.
Opened the box it was sent in to me once to check it but never got round to installing it....

will take a trade for mvs stuff or just plain hard cashhhh

anyone interested just shoot me a pm or mail!

thanks!

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
a nice "24 hrs passed - pre holiday - please buy my stuff" bump is coming up!

here we go:

BuMp! :D

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
people want Rev.2 boards of the HNG64 coz the Rev.1 has some problems

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
lachlan said:
people want Rev.2 boards of the HNG64 coz the Rev.1 has some problems

I would go for a rev2 myself too, but hey, there could always be someone out there who can use this :) if not, it`s off to ebay or the local tradingsite. I really don`t care as long as it stops taking up space in my home heheheh but thanks for pointing that out

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
actually what problems does the Rev.1 have i only know that it does have problems but what problems i have no idea about

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It`s a bit harder to setup in your cab but as far as I know it does not have any problems with games etc if that is what you mean.

I`m off for a few days to spain, so please don`t hate me for not replying if you are interested :) I really do want to free up the space in my livingroom :)

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
lachlan said:
actually what problems does the Rev.1 have i only know that it does have problems but what problems i have no idea about

There are no problems with it.

The only thing you need to do is hook it straight up to the Power Supply, not just plug in the JAMMA Adaptor.

you CAN play by just plugging it in without hooking it up, but only for a little while. The MB heats up because it's powering on it's own, and if you have it turned on for too long, the Motherboard will snap, and take the Cart out with it as well., So you'll be out a $30-$40 MB, but a $100 Cart as well.

I have 3 Rev. 1 MBs now, because nobody seems to be selling Carts alone. I only played 10 minutes with it, because I was afraid it would suicide.

So yeah, it's all fine if you hook it up to the Power Supply, but that makes it Dedicated to the Cab, which is a plroblem if you want to play MVS on it too...

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
It might also help if you are aware of which board you are selling. Fighting boards only play the fighting games; I assume this is the one you're selling.

The driving games and shooting games use a different board each apart from all the others.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Magnaflux said:
It might also help if you are aware of which board you are selling. Fighting boards only play the fighting games; I assume this is the one you're selling.

The driving games and shooting games use a different board each apart from all the others.

That's true as well.

though I've never actually seen a Non-Fighting MB, do they look the same?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
DARK ANDY said:
you CAN play by just plugging it in without hooking it up, but only for a little while. The MB heats up because it's powering on it's own, and if you have it turned on for too long, the Motherboard will snap, and take the Cart out with it as well., So you'll be out a $30-$40 MB, but a $100 Cart as well.

You are scaring the hell out of me... I got a "strange rev.1" as explained in this thread:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113671

and used it in my supergun for some minutes (with no sound), then the lights in the house went out. I haven't touched it ever since, and I'm waiting to receive a true rev.2 from verktorlogic. I really hope the cart wasn't smoked, I couldn't care less about that mobo. This reminds me I also have to try to sell or trade that mobo as it is totally useless and eats a lot of room.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Amano Jacu said:
You are scaring the hell out of me... I got a "strange rev.1" as explained in this thread:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113671

and used it in my supergun for some minutes (with no sound), then the lights in the house went out. I haven't touched it ever since, and I'm waiting to receive a true rev.2 from verktorlogic. I really hope the cart wasn't smoked, I couldn't care less about that mobo. This reminds me I also have to try to sell or trade that mobo as it is totally useless and eats a lot of room.

Chances are the Cart is dead, dude. Also sounds like the Hyper short circuited on you, are you sure it even works?

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
DARK ANDY said:
That's true as well.

though I've never actually seen a Non-Fighting MB, do they look the same?

I`ve wondered about that myself a few times. I`ve heard about the diffrent styles but never seen them around or any games being offered for them.

Maybe we should spend some more time in the H64 part of the forum :P

mobo is still up for grabs btw :)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
if you house lights went out coz of your HNG64 Rev.1 board lol oh boy.... i doubt its alive i very much doubt it

dont try it gain though unless u actually know what went wrong with it coz it mgiht still be alive

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Well, if I remember well the lights went out some seconds AFTER I switched off the supergun... I might try it again (I'll have to wait for nobody to be at home in case lights go out again) just for a moment to see if at least the game still works. If I destroyed Samurai 2, I'll ask Jeff from Vektorlogic to replace it as it was his fault.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have a rev 1 set up in one of my cabs and have no problems with it at all. I did have to wire in the extra +5 harness, different options button, and stereo harness, which together took all of 20 minutes tops of actual work.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I just tried my HNG64 with Samurai 2 again and it worked, so I didn't smoke neither of the mobo or cart, yay! Of course I didn't get any sound and I'm still waiting for the real rev.2 to arrive, when it does I'll try to sell/trade mine, otherwise I'll just dump it.

Free bump!

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Magnaflux said:
Maybe your Hyper 64 is possessed! :loco:

now thereºs a good title for a film : return of the possessed H64 of doom!!!

bump btw all the way from Spain, how bad is that? checking your posts when on holiday :)

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
either everyone spent their money already or they just do not like me :)
Board is still up for sale, trade or whatever ....

I`ll give this one last try and then it`s going to drop from my 4 story building :loco: