FS: Dreamcasts with GDEMU (clone) + new battery/socket

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
I have a bunch of dreamcasts that had missing/dead GDROM drives (I have 40 more), so I thought I would buy a bunch of the clone GDEMUs to at least save them. These have the GDEMUs installed and all have have been tested. Controller ports have been tested as well. The rechargeable battery has been replaced with a new one and socketed. The fan headers have been reflowed as well. All of these work like a champ, but the cases might need to be cleaned/some might have a little yellowing. These are for the dreamcasts w/ the GDEMU only, no controllers/power cords/video cable.

I have 9 here, but I may have more in the future depending on how these sell.

$130 + shipping each ($9-$20 depending on where in the US you are).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtc3vwb5dn4foif/dc2.jpg?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm8xsuwcau6ydlw/dc1.jpg?raw=1

Last edited:

Fox1

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
How do the clone GDEMU’s differ from the real one? Any compatibility issues?

I haven't seen any compatibility issues, I think the only difference is these can't be updated with the newest firmware via the original site..maybe in the future someone will adapt it so these can be updated. This works perfectly with the menu system and everything the original one does as far as I can see. These were made because the original creator makes like 5 every 6 months and only opens orders for it at like 2am PST, so I guess people got pissed and sent one to China to copy heh.

Last edited:

Fox1

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Bump! Sold out of the first batch, just made another batch!

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Just chiming in to say that the clone ODE works very well. These are a steal. If I didn't already have one, I'd be all over this.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
is it pretty easy to set up the ISO's on these things? I know the Saturn Rhea looked like a huge pain in the ass to get the roms correct. I don't wan't to have to deal with all that and just drop them on the root of an SD card.

Also, anything in particular you want in trade?

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
is it pretty easy to set up the ISO's on these things? I know the Saturn Rhea looked like a huge pain in the ass to get the roms correct. I don't wan't to have to deal with all that and just drop them on the root of an SD card.

Also, anything in particular you want in trade?
Easier than the Saturn. The GDEmu will take CDI and GDI. It's a cinch!

Fox1

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
All gone, but I will hopefully get some more soon.

Fox1

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
BUMP! Got more in, these are $120 + $13 ship as I got them for a little cheaper.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I got one from the last batch, and it's working great! So much easier (and quieter ;)) than using discs.