FS: Commodore Amiga CD32 System, NOS, Never Used - Price Reduced

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I have two Commodre Amiga CD32 systems that have never been used and are boxed/complete systems. Photos available upon request.

Asking $450 each, OBO + shipping.

Email me at jkurtz01@gmail.com if you're interested.

Last edited:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I believe they are NTSC since they come with US power supplies. I have not powered them up and probably won't since they have never been used.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Holy crap?! NOS amigas?! Good thing you're selling here, AMIBAY would go feeding frenzy on this!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
If only I had the funds... this is possibly the coolest collectible I've seen come across here in a long time.

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They were banned in USA before release and sat in a wharehouse in taiwan for decades. Due to patent infringement. You can use an Amiga mouse at boot up and change 50hz 60hz pal NTSC. Certain games were written specifically for pal and will not play. Still lots of fun games. Games hard to find but plays cdr.

incrediblehark

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
owned one of these and sold it less than a year ago, pretty cool machines, but I decided to go the route of an A1200. That being said, I kind of regret selling my cd32 and games :( Good luck with the sale!

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Incrediblehark. What games you recommended. I just got mine a few months ago.
also good luck with sale

Coleridge

Pleasure Goal
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can you post some pics here? I don't get why these things are so sexy. I know they were hard to find in the US, right?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
Can you post some pics here? I don't get why these things are so sexy. I know they were hard to find in the US, right?

Technically, I don't think Commodore even sold them in the US.

I believe these NTSC units were offered only in Canada and made their way across into the US.

They were in a legal battle with another company and forbidden to sell them in the US. And then Commodore went bankrupt.

This also explains why most of the software you do find for them is PAL.

Last edited:

One-Up

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The PAL-version of this set had three games (or rather three CDs) packed with it. Are there games in this set, too?

bojay1997

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Technically, I don't think Commodore even sold them in the US.

I believe these NTSC units were offered only in Canada and made their way across into the US.

They were in a legal battle with another company and forbidden to sell them in the US. And then Commodore went bankrupt.

This also explains why most of the software you do find for them is PAL.

I think this is generally correct, although in the last weeks of Commodore's existence, I know they sent at least a few units to US dealers to sell. I know I bought my CD32 from a Commodore dealer in San Diego and the outer shipping carton had Commodore's Pennsylvania address on a sticker on the outside.