FS: Cadillacs & Dinosaurs CPS Dash

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I can't believe I'm going to do this, but I think it's time to sell this board. There is a item I have a chance to get that kind of a bucket list item for me, and the wife and I agreed that we can only do buy it by selling something to pay for it.

I took several different pics to illustrate condition, but would like to point out what might be less obvious. The are some spots on the casing that have slight discoloration, there is a small tear in the label over one of the faces, and while this will be obvious, I want to point out the handwritten sticker on one of the chips that says "CAD DINO HACK D2AO".
- edit: Thanks for clearing that up Fox :)

Shipping from Canada and will ship to US at actual cost w/tracking, signature and insurance for the full amount (this will most likely be between $30-$40) for which I will get a quote at the post office; not going to take any chances with damage or theft at the door. PP only, gift or add 4%.

Cadillacs & Dinosaurs CPS Dash (battery change date unknown) - $700 USD SOLD
f6py8Qxl.jpg

rJQ8fJ4l.jpg

8hsusYDl.jpg

Y2H1vtVl.jpg

cxhvz6Rl.jpg

5PFxtlPl.jpg

EXCw1xjl.jpg

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Damn Bro, that's one of those Grail Games. Good Luck with your sale.

Last edited:

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
If I didn't have my kid I would of been over this! One of my favorite beatemups of all time. Glws brother

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm definitely interested, but I suspect you'll want more money for it than I can afford. It definitely looks legit and not like a conversion in the photos. Has the suicide battery ever been changed? You've tested it recently to make sure it still works 100%?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0

The second board's "Hack" sticker just means he desuicided the Qsound portion of the board. If you notice the Qsound's battery is gone. It can be put back onto original code with the tools that are out there now.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
The second board's "Hack" sticker just means he desuicided the Qsound portion of the board. If you notice the Qsound's battery is gone. It can be put back onto original code with the tools that are out there now.

Thanks Fox, I've always wondered what that was referring to.

I'm definitely interested, but I suspect you'll want more money for it than I can afford. It definitely looks legit and not like a conversion in the photos. Has the suicide battery ever been changed? You've tested it recently to make sure it still works 100%?

Not sure about the battery, but we had a run through of the game a couple weeks ago. I'l fire it up for some screens to show it working. As for price, I didn't put one because I wasn't sure where it might fall given the 'hack' sticker, but I'm only looking to break even. I'll do some research and get a price up, then change the thread to 'FS' at that point.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
This is a holy grail item for a lot of people. Good luck with your sale.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
Very curious to hear what you are looking to get...

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Probably in the $700 range

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold to radiantsvgun.

Congratulations. This game is simply amazing. Too bad I didn't have the cash for this, after my arcade shopping spree of recent months. I guess I'll go back to crossing my fingers for that QSound multi from NeoSD.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
so what are you buying next? what inspired this sale?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
so what are you buying next? what inspired this sale?

I'm nearly done with CIB console game collecting, and am moving towards signage, posters/artwork, kiosks, and promo materials; there are a few neon Nintendo signs that I'm after in particular, one of which, I can get now. I have a very specific list of these kinds of things that I'd like to get, and then I'm done. The game/arcade room that will be set up when our house gets built is going to be be what my wife and I always hoped for, so we want to do it right with key pieces that mean a lot to us.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
I'm nearly done with CIB console game collecting, and am moving towards signage, posters/artwork, kiosks, and promo materials; there are a few neon Nintendo signs that I'm after in particular, one of which, I can get now. I have a very specific list of these kinds of things that I'd like to get, and then I'm done. The game/arcade room that will be set up when our house gets built is going to be be what my wife and I always hoped for, so we want to do it right with key pieces that mean a lot to us.

fantastic, congrats!!

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The game/arcade room that will be set up when our house gets built is going to be be what my wife and I always hoped for, so we want to do it right with key pieces that mean a lot to us.

It's great to hear your wife is no board. Too bad there was no place for C&D in that arcade room. That's one game I would probably never get rid of, unless unforseen circumstances forced my hand. Tell me you have a second board.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
It's great to hear your wife is no board. Too bad there was no place for C&D in that arcade room. That's one game I would probably never get rid of, unless unforseen circumstances forced my hand. Tell me you have a second board.

Screw That, If Someone offered me $700 for C&D I would get rid of it in a heart beat lol. Congrats Ren on the Sale and I'm glad it was RSG who bought it.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screw That, If Someone offered me $700 for C&D I would get rid of it in a heart beat lol. Congrats Ren on the Sale and I'm glad it was RSG who bought it.

We obviously have different priorities, and like I said, C&D is one of the boards I would never get rid of. And when I say never, I mean not for a fair price. If someone would offer me 10K, because they were insane, I'd take their money, for sure. Selling it for $700 means you're probably not getting one later on, because you'd pay more. Once a QSound multi comes out, things will be different, but C&D is n expensive board, and not one you'd sell for profit if it's a game you care about.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
We obviously have different priorities, and like I said, C&D is one of the boards I would never get rid of. And when I say never, I mean not for a fair price. If someone would offer me 10K, because they were insane, I'd take their money, for sure. Selling it for $700 means you're probably not getting one later on, because you'd pay more. Once a QSound multi comes out, things will be different, but C&D is n expensive board, and not one you'd sell for profit if it's a game you care about.

Yes, Your right. We do have different priorities. ;)

Pricey Arcade boards that I've purchased usually don't last long with me. I enjoy it, play as much as I could for a few months, maybe a year, than I sell it before it fails on me. I don't keep them as collectors pieces. I'll take the cash and stick to the roms.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0

Haha, agreed on all counts. Personally, I'm waiting for some kind of multi/FPGA solutions for CPS games. 1/4 of my A boards are already dead.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Haha, agreed on all counts. Personally, I'm waiting for some kind of multi/FPGA solutions for CPS games. 1/4 of my A boards are already dead.

Yea bro. Take the money and run. That's one less expensive headache you have to deal with when it fails. I've had my share of arcade boards fail on me. Luckily the boards that did fail weren't pricey like this one.

Me and you both are waiting for that cps1 multi.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Board arrived working this morning, thanks again Ren. $700 is a really bro price and I really appreciate the price. I’d been after it for awhile and your price was far cheaper than YAJ. Unfortunately the board will probably be buried with me.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Board arrived working this morning, thanks again Ren. $700 is a really bro price and I really appreciate the price. I’d been after it for awhile and your price was far cheaper than YAJ. Unfortunately the board will probably be buried with me.

Hahaha, I know that feel (my guitar is coming with me :) As I mentioned before, it's been bittersweet to let the board go, but I'm glad it went to you and I know it's in a good home!

Enjoy C&D in good health, brother :)

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0

What is this thing about dying A boards I keep hearing over and over every where. I have alot of cps1 games and have not seen this.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
What is this thing about dying A boards I keep hearing over and over every where. I have alot of cps1 games and have not seen this.

You're either very lucky or haven't tested 'em all lately :p