mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Greetings,

Everything sold...

UPDATE 9/10

A few of you know i've been flirting with going straight AES (yeah yeah, I know) for a while now. Well, a good friend and I have worked a deal for a few of his AES and a pile of my MVS and some other stuff back and forth...the fallout is i'm down to about 40 carts.

It's time to band-aid the rest of them and be done. What I don't have on AES I have on my 120 or 161 (and i'll keep the dozen or so that aren't on AES or the multis).

Everything will be up tomorrow...personal collection stuff. Most of these will be the best copy i've stumbled upon across the last 7 years - lots of OG, minty labels and really nice carts.

If anyone has seen forum (this forum, others) or shop sales on Ganryu, Zupapa and Bang Bead, please PM me the info, would like to price them fairly, but also not stupidly.

Cheers

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Dude, rent a sax. I work at a shop where we rent school band instruments. Children are fickle. You don't want to be left with a sax after a few months of playing around with it. Places like Music and Arts will let you build up credit while you rent that you can use to out-right purchase the instrument if they stick with it.

By the way, what kind of sax are you looking for? Alto? Tenor? Soprano? I have an alto I'm not using that I could swing for the right deal.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'll trade you a 25 year old alto sax for some of these, cost about a grand back in the day.
It might need a little restoration though. I'd be able to get pics tomorrow if you are interested, I'd even be able to take it to a shop and have them tell me what's up with it.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
He's playing Alto - we've been looking at Jupiter, Yamaha and Selmer's. My wife is very musically inclined (teaches piano, plays guitar and dulcimer masterfully) - so she's the one doing the research. She suggested renting too, but he's been saying sax for 6th grade band since kindergarten and hasn't wavered. He's messed around with clarinet and trombone just to be sure, but he's set - so seeing as he'll play it at least 6 years, figure to just get him one new and something he'll pass on. (I appreciate the advice and offers, though, for real). ...and, if anyone has a French Horn for trade or sale, that is something i'd def consider because my next one going into band has been saying French Horn for a couple years and that is something i'm prolly not buying.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
balls. Is Sengoku 2 really going for that much? F.

Not for you if you're interested. Est. member price is a good $75 or so less. But yeah, it does $400-500 on ebay now - pretty steady at that. Two conversions have just sold - $193 and $201 - MVS BOOTLEGS - clearly listed as suck - for $200.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Man, I wish I had never sold mine for 160 bucks two years ago. Guess I'll never own it on MVS again :/
GLWTS brotha!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I had a Yamaha when I played. Only had to have it re-padded once when left outside once.
Is he going to make his own reeds?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
giphy.gif

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Dat condition scale description is the shit's Mike. :lolz: Best dad ever to the kiddo's, respect bro. :cool:

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I played the sax as well and my family didn't have a whole lot of money when I was growing up. They found my first instrument at a pawn shop. Wasn't the best quality, but it did the trick.

GLWTS(ax)!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
I'll be jealous of whomever gets DDP2 Bee Storm and Martial Masters. Good couple of games there.

I have a Yamaha alto that I played growing up, think it's a YAS-23. That thing was pretty bulletproof. My sister had the same for a time, and both were really mechanically sound.

Nice to see a bunch of other Saxy people around here

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
Don't let your kid turn out like this, tho

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%