From KOF 2000 to CVS

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I just also found out on the same day as the tenative KOF 2000 tournament at UC Berkeley, they're also planning the first CvS tourney at Golfland starting at 5:30pm!
eek.gif

Such a busy day in game land... does anyone know how far it is to get from Berkeley to Golfland?

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
We need some ass kicking tournaments in CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!
Mabye at GameWorks?!?

benares

Kula's Candy
Where the hell is there a Neo-Geo machine in the entire state of Illinois!?

I went KOF2000 searching last weekend. I went to Enchanted Castle in Lombard, Dave and Busters in Addison, and a couple small arcades in shopping centers and NADA. ZIPPO.

D&B had me particularly bewildered because all they had were either driving games OR shooting games. THATS IT.

After this experience I was pretty heart broken and know arcades won't be the same again.

I am going to look at Game Works in Schamburg this weekend. I don't know if you consider that Chicago or if their is another Game Works some where else.

I am a newbie KOF player. I'd love to play you guys though. My favorite characters are Mai, Athena, and Yuri.

So if you guys want to get together sometime let me know!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Hey benares, I went to the Dave and Busters near me in Rockville, MD. Same story, there were almost NO fighting games at ALL at the place. What I think is happening, at D&B, is that they are deliberately NOT carrying fighting games, due to some politically correct BS. Other members here can confirm this about the D&B's near them, but thats the impression I got. Lousy arcade, no fighting games, no thank you.

And arcades all around are dying, their days are numbered. I'll be getting a nice fat MVS cab or two soon, especially if Aruze f**ks everything up even MORE than they already have with the Neo.