Free EGM subscription!

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
It can't suck as bad as nintendo power.....can it?

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Out of all the free stuff I've signed up for in the past few months, only SNK has come through with the Metal Slug 5 poster (x2 :glee: )

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
pyrokilla said:
It can't suck as bad as nintendo power.....can it?

not as bad but close...

at least nintendo power gives you that zelda bonus disc...
all EGM gives you is headache...and that's not fun...

GET THE FREE SUBSCRIPTION!!

Freakit

Host for Orochi
yeah i've signed up for free GamePro, EGM, Stuff, Maxim, and i don't even remember what else and so far i haven't gotten jack squat in the mail. :crying:

P.S. the EGM i signed up for was this same one a few months ago

:spock:

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Syxx573 said:
Out of all the free stuff I've signed up for in the past few months, only SNK has come through with the Metal Slug 5 poster (x2 :glee: )
I'm with you. I have signed up over the past 5 months to recive. Stuff, Maxim, Gamepro, EGM among a couple other magazines. I have not recived any of them. It's all a bull shit lie.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Freakit said:
yeah i've signed up for free GamePro, EGM, Stuff, Maxim, and i don't even remember what else and so far i haven't gotten jack squat in the mail. :crying:

P.S. the EGM i signed up for was this same one a few months ago

:spock:

Wow sounds like we must have been looking in the same places.

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
Tehcno said:
Wow sounds like we must have been looking in the same places.

Thats odd. I've signed up for EGM, GamePro, XBX Nation and Stuff. The only one I haven't seen yet is Stuff.

oh well..

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
All I signed up for was Gamepro... got that... not really interested in another shit mag, Gamepro is fine for that... bahh, thanks for the link anyway Lemon... maybe some folks here would like it.

-Nick

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
*yawn*

I've had it and now I want to return the free subscription

LMK if another one of those Tips and Tricks free subscriptions comes through

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
Thanks for the link!

I keep hoping the mag will get better. Dan Hsu was a good contributor back in the day... but I can't say he's done a great job with the Editor in Chief role. Same with the guy before him (John Davison?).

It seems that as the EIC's get younger, the content gets more... fluffy, irrelevant, and immature. They need another "old guy" like Steve Harris or Ed Semrad to serve as some sort of authoritative figure - you get the feeling that they're all buddies at EGM, so they won't risk pissing someone off by pushing each other to do better.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Nick Goracke said:
Thanks for the link!

I keep hoping the mag will get better. Dan Hsu was a good contributor back in the day... but I can't say he's done a great job with the Editor in Chief role. Same with the guy before him (John Davison?).

It seems that as the EIC's get younger, the content gets more... fluffy, irrelevant, and immature. They need another "old guy" like Steve Harris or Ed Semrad to serve as some sort of authoritative figure - you get the feeling that they're all buddies at EGM, so they won't risk pissing someone off by pushing each other to do better.

AMEN!

EGM has sucked and sucked for a loooong time. Shoe was cool back when he was just a reviewer (97... Saturn-PSX days) but as the flagship man he's no ED SEMRAD.

But perhaps it's unfair to place all the blame on Shoe.
The magazine is just pathetic. Letters section is a JOKE. Most of the letters make no sense.

Maybe its just me but ... EGM's gotten so bad where I only need 10 minutes to flick through them and be done with that issue FOR GOOD.

Give me old school EGM anyday. Or SSM.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Originally posted by FatGuy
I made it out to my dogs name , should be funny.

Ron McRae said:
Many moons ago I used to get GameFan sent to my house addressed to "Fecal Soup"

:lol: :tickled:

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I do agree that EGM has gone up the butt hole but it is a free gaming mag so I would have been happy, if they would have actually delivered. God this mag was the shit in the mid 90's Every month I would run to my local bookstore and pick one up the day it came in. I remember reading about Neo-Geo in there all the time and wanting one so bad. The other thing was Project Reality, it looked so fucking great. Untill it became a reality.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Tehcno said:
I do agree that EGM has gone up the butt hole but it is a free gaming mag so I would have been happy, if they would have actually delivered. God this mag was the shit in the mid 90's Every month I would run to my local bookstore and pick one up the day it came in. I remember reading about Neo-Geo in there all the time and wanting one so bad.

Hell yeah dude! Mid 90s EGM rocked ass.

My mom would always go grocery shopping and me, my best friend Nelson and my bro would go to the magazine stand to sit down with the latest EGM, drooling over crap games like previews of Clay Fighter, lol.

I knew a friend who would actually rip the plastic wrapper just to read EGM... I never did that as I considered it a rather low moral act. :)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
EGM continues to whore themselves out.

You also get a free year of EGM if you become a customer of Gamefly by staying on past the 10-Day trial period.

Looks like I'm be reading EGM again. Well, at least it's free.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I used to love EGM, even up until 2002, but when they moved to San Fransisco, and hired all those jack ass reviewers, it went way downhill.

Back in the 16-bit era, you couldn't top EGM, IMO. Keep in mind I didn't know about Gamefan until the 32-bit era.