Framemeister Price Spike

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172180434102

I know they said they were discontinuing them soon, but does this look right to you? There's other people selling them in the $700-$900 range. Over $3,300 is insane. Why pay that when other people aren't asking that much?

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Wow.... there's another at $5.5...

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172180434102

I know they said they were discontinuing them soon, but does this look right to you? There's other people selling them in the $700-$900 range. Over $3,300 is insane. Why pay that when other people aren't asking that much?

It's a typo - check his previously sold.

Product is still available new for normal price.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Well I'm an idiot. Any idea how long they're still going to produce them? The main site says they're still available for pre order. I love me some CRTs, but not having the option once they stop making these is going to hurt. What's the manufacturer's official statement on it?

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Manufacturer has not said anything about a replacement but it makes sense they would make a new 4k version. There will always be an alternative to a crt like the OSSC.

Honestly after getting a 20" Pvm last month I immediately sold my framemiester and never looked back.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Jesus Christ that's insane. Almost got me thinking about selling my frameister now.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
LOL at those prices, sellers think it's the only option lol

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It is when the buyer does zero research and want it now.

That may work when it's under $1k, but that high is usually when the buyer will ask around since it's not an amount that's low enough to pull the trigger on without much thinking.

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
Ebay sellers never ceases to surprise me... Pretty glad I bought mine in January for roughly $300.

Should we once again blame youtubers?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It's still available at regular price. Don't blame youtuber's, blame idiots not using google.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
I managed to pick one up recently for around 400 bucks but yeah, it's getting a bit out of hand. Someone wanted to try and sell me one for like 600 lol no thanks my dude

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I wouldn't worry about missing one, they will probably make another device as 4k shit is approaching.Maybe when they make a new version they will cut down the input lag of 18ms for 240p upscaling goodness.

Last edited:

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
I wouldn't worry about missing one, they will probably make another device as 4k shit is approaching.Maybe when they make a new version they will cut down the input lag of 18ms for 240p upscaling goodness.

Do you think there would be a way for it to speed up the resolution switching(games that switch from progressive to interlaced and vice versa) in later revisions or is that something that's just inherit with the technology?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Do you think there would be a way for it to speed up the resolution switching(games that switch from progressive to interlaced and vice versa) in later revisions or is that something that's just inherit with the technology?

I don't think its possible unless you treat 480i as 240p (which introduces a whole slew of other problems). My DVDO Edge did it, and thexrgb/framemeister does it too I think.

This is what I remember and it might not be all right, so if wrong feel free to correct me.The black screen during switching 240p to 480i etc is because 240p iirc is usually line doubled to 480p, then upscaled to whatever you want. When you have 480i, it has to deinterlace, which means it is going to be 1 frame behind minimum cause it needs to wait for the fields to refresh. Good deinterlacing is usually 2 frames iirc and then has to get upscaled. tl:dr the scaling algorithm is different for 240p and 480i and switching rapidly between them takes time.

My dvdo edge had a fast deinterlace scaling, but the video was so jerky it wasn't worth it unless you needed as low of input lag as possible.

Last edited: