FOUND: GDEMU / GDROM-USB

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Looking for a GDEMU or GDROM-USB device.

Not looking to pay $500 for one like I see on ebay, is that a crazy request?

EDIT: Thanks goes to 100proof for hooking me up. :glee:

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
That's insanity. I just saw one on eBay for $599 and it says "9 sold" next to it. If I ever get my hands on another one I'm going to send it to a Chinaman and have it mass produced.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
That's insanity. I just saw one on eBay for $599 and it says "9 sold" next to it. If I ever get my hands on another one I'm going to send it to a Chinaman and have it mass produced.

We could pool our monies and rule the day!

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I think it's only a matter of time before someone like Terraonion starts producing ODE devices for the DC, SAT, and PSX. The Rhea and GDEMU are great, but that guy makes it clear that he is just a hobbyist and not a businessman. He obviously doesn't have either the resources or the desire to have them properly mass-produced, but considering how much demand there is, I have no doubt that someone is going to step in who does. Personally, I would just hang tight.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
You can order a GDROM-USB anytime from the creator-he builds them to order. I filled out the form on his website and had two of them on my doorstep a month later. Works great-easy to install with a bit-district 3D printed tray, and no compatibility issues with the dozens of games I’ve played on it.

http://3do-renovation.ru/USB-GDROM_Controller.htm

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I think it's only a matter of time before someone like Terraonion starts producing ODE devices for the DC, SAT, and PSX. The Rhea and GDEMU are great, but that guy makes it clear that he is just a hobbyist and not a businessman. He obviously doesn't have either the resources or the desire to have them properly mass-produced, but considering how much demand there is, I have no doubt that someone is going to step in who does. Personally, I would just hang tight.

PSX has the CD-ROM drive integrated on its one circuit board, so you can't just swap it like other consoles. The best you can do is something like PSIO, which sits on the local bus by way of the expansion port, and requires hacking the motherboard to move a few chip-select signals.

(I haven't had anyone contact me about my optical channel emulator yet...)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
You can order a GDROM-USB anytime from the creator-he builds them to order. I filled out the form on his website and had two of them on my doorstep a month later. Works great-easy to install with a bit-district 3D printed tray, and no compatibility issues with the dozens of games I’ve played on it.

http://3do-renovation.ru/USB-GDROM_Controller.htm

I always wondered about that site, didn't really look legit but hey sounds like a plan. I'm also wondering why these things haven't been pumped out of china... oh well.

Thanks for the input anyway guys!

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I always wondered about that site, didn't really look legit but hey sounds like a plan. I'm also wondering why these things haven't been pumped out of china... oh well.

Thanks for the input anyway guys!

PM-ing you now.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Anyone else order directly through the site? The guy charges a lot more if you don’t use PayPal gift.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Anyone else order directly through the site? The guy charges a lot more if you don’t use PayPal gift.

Yea I don't get what is up with that, I read on reddit the price difference used to be like 9 bucks, now its over 30.