Found: Dreamcast Shielded EU SCART Cable

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Found - Thanks @Jon

These are apparently impossible to find right now - I've checked all the usual spots. I have a cheapo SCART cable I got from a seller on Ebay that works, but it's not shielded well so there is a fair amount of static coming through the speakers. I don't need it to be 31hz switchable as I'm using this on a PVM mainly for lightgun games at the moment and I have a nice switchable SCART on backorder, but who knows when that'll come in.

Long shot, but thought I'd check here to see if anyone has a spare. :) Thanks!

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Sadly I do not. In a pinch I have modified a vga box to be switchable to 15k. Good luck on your hunt.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
on google they say "in stock" but on the page they say they've stopped taking orders for the day:

@wyo might be able to make you one?

How about a Toro box...

Ahh, ya. I tried otakus-store earlier and saw the same disclaimer. :( Hadn't considered a Toro, though. Forgot these things existed. Thanks!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
I ordered mine from Retro Gaming cables in the UK, the packapunch has a built in switch for 15/31khz. It was pricey at £41 before shipping, but the quality is outstanding and i highly recommend it. Best picture I've seen in a Dreamcast in a long time

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I ordered mine from Retro Gaming cables in the UK, the packapunch has a built in switch for 15/31khz. It was pricey at £41 before shipping, but the quality is outstanding and i highly recommend it. Best picture I've seen in a Dreamcast in a long time
They've been sold out - it's what I'm waiting on. :)
@yagamikun did you pick up the Toro? I’m curious cause I might get one…
I was just on the cusp, but Jon is providing a replacement for now so I'm going to try that out first. If I do, though, I'll give you a shout.

Beharius

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You can pair a Toro + Sony Scart cable to get the best quality.

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
@yagamikun did you pick up the Toro? I’m curious cause I might get one…
I have a Toro I'll sell you for cheap. I never used the thing and I have an extra cable for it as well. I am not a fan of how the cable attaches. Do me a favor and get it out of my closet.