Found CPS III mobo, any game or multi

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Looking to get into CPS 3.

I remember when these things were on the side of the road dead for $50.

Anyway, of course I didn't get one then and I'm looking for one now. And of course I'm most interested in a multi cart set up or third strike but I'd be interested in anything including a board and whatever dead cart, gotta start somewhere.

Edit: found one, thx

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Arcade-Projects has one or two members selling a multi. Be prepared to pay though.

I remember paying for a full multi setup here on the forums for $385 shipped. Can't believe these things go for over $1k now.

$1k for Third Strike. No thanks.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Thanks for the heads up. I'm kicking myself over all the stuff I passed up over the years.

Like for example, who would have thought PC CRTs would ever have value. At my old job I used to send those 21" Dell flat tubes to surplus pallets at time 12 years ago.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Thanks for the heads up. I'm kicking myself over all the stuff I passed up over the years.

Like for example, who would have thought PC CRTs would ever have value. At my old job I used to send those 21" Dell flat tubes to surplus pallets at time 12 years ago.
Yea, I know what you mean bro. Having so much of this stuff pass through my hands at dirt cheap prices over the years just makes me cringe when I see what some of this stuff goes for now.

This shit is normal to noobs though. I see them buying up these now pricey boards like it's candy. They say all the time how that price is a steal. It's a steal alright. A steal from your checking account.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, think about it like this, they are expensive nowadays because everybody throw them away at the time. If everybody realized back then that they'd become expensive, they'd cling on to them and they wouldn't become expensive then...

Ow Mr. Market you bitch.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Arcade-Projects has one or two members selling a multi. Be prepared to pay though.

I remember paying for a full multi setup here on the forums for $385 shipped. Can't believe these things go for over $1k now.

$1k for Third Strike. No thanks.
I forgot who so bought it from but got a really nice condition mobo and disc drive, all cables, and 2nd impact cart and disk for ~$300-$350 a few years ago. Even after buying the additional simm and Darksoft cart I’m still $500 ahead of what they go for now 0.0

Not Sonic, If you’re looking for just “any” cart I’d go for a 2nd impact cart. Apparently the security for that game doesn’t actually need a live battery to work so you shouldn’t have to worry about that for it. Plus, imo it’s the 2nd best game for cps3 after third strike.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
All those cps3 on arcade-projects are overpriced. But then again what do you expect from people who pay $500 for "ultra SIMMs" that still uses dip switches like its 1989 instead of making a in-game menu.

Last edited:

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I still wonder how 3s tournaments continue to use this stuff. I can’t imagine it’s very sustainable.