Found an exposed trace on Blazing Star cart + What you all cleaning your boards with?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I think you have a higher chance of bit rot, then having a corroded trace when the carts are in a protected environment such as OPs house.

But anyways yea, if it bothers you cover it, if not let it be. Personally I dont think its an issue.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
When washing any PCB I have always used distilled water as opposed to tap water, our water isn't very hard but still I prefer to be safe. Only usually do this in cases where the board is absolutely filthy and luckily that hasn't been a common thing for me. But yeah toothbrush and some detergent works pretty well. I usually spot dry with a cloth and then shake the absolute shit out of it and spot dry it again. I do that a few times until I cant see water running out from under the chips and then let it sit upright for a day or two before using. Never had a problem.

Yrouel

n00b
I usually spot dry with a cloth and then shake the absolute shit out of it and spot dry it again. I do that a few times until I cant see water running out from under the chips and then let it sit upright for a day or two before using. Never had a problem.
Using IPA would dry the board a lot quicker tho.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
IPA is non conductive.
I know after about 4 of them, I don't get much done.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
IPA is non conductive.
I know after about 4 of them, I don't get much done.

Ah, I see what he's saying. Use IPA instead of water. I thought he meant pour it on the wet board to make it dry faster.

Yrouel

n00b
How would IPA make water transition from a liquid to a gas faster?

IPA displaces water, which means that basically when you pour it on a wet board it drags away any moisture. So in the end you have only IPA on the board and it'll dry much quicker.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
IPA displaces water, which means that basically when you pour it on a wet board it drags away any moisture. So in the end you have only IPA on the board and it'll dry much quicker.

I see what you mean. Not making the water dry faster, just move it out from under and off the board.