Found a candy cab at a local arcade..

fox

n00b
Change out that power supply. ASAP

The control panels on the crowins are thick pieces of shit that only accept samducksa controls. You'd be better off removing the black plastic panel piece and making a new control panel from scratch.

My crowin I used generic buttons from ebay to replace the originals and had no problem, You can see in the pics above the Power supply is also original (at least the way I bought it) and I have had no problems with it. I think I am going with the Fanta joysticks as replacements. http://etokki.com/Arcade-Joysticks/Myoungshin-Fanta-stick-Green I found the build quality of this crowin cab to be great, and very easy to work on.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

Immediately made me think of this.. not saying you like kids or anything.

211244_100002548456012_1712710_n.jpg

candy cab

n00b
What is wrong with the power supplies? How do I know if mine is going bad. I really do not know much about these. I love the controls so far.
Also, the monitor has some scratches in the glass. Anyway to minimize or repair that? Anyone know how much these are worth?

FLTCHRR

NEST Puppet
I meant to post these before, but spaced it - they're from my trip to Korea last year. I came across an entire building of wholesale arcade shops:

korea03.jpg

korea01.jpg

There were 4 or 5 floors just packed with shops like this.

korea05.jpg

korea06.jpg

korea02.jpg

I really liked these little machines, but it was after hours and the guy who sold them was gone.

korea04.jpg

The other arcades I saw were a bit hit and miss. Crowins and Noir knock offs and so much Tekken.

korea09.jpg

korea07.jpg

korea10.jpg

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
awesome pics fltchrr, very cool views. My jaw dropped at the room full of boards and neo carts!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
These stools are the jawn.
a6937b10-0d08-d5c8.jpg

Neo Allec & Maury V have both reported on the scarcity of JPN style game centers in KR (with cybercafe being a bigger/main draw).

Where in the world did you find these places?!

Totally rad!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
astronomical amount of wins... Talking about 300wins, bro. :D

yeah 300's got his turf covered in cali, but I'm not moving anywhere buddy, over here on the east coast, where panda is an urban legend of scooping, the worse part is he is only 3 hrs away from me lol.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
HA! Confused with Wataru.

I will now take that humble pie to go!

lol no worries, besides I'm not a baker, I'm a wok cook, I make humble 3 cup chicken;)

back to the thread, noticed those stools also wataru, love em!

FLTCHRR

NEST Puppet
These stools are the jawn.
a6937b10-0d08-d5c8.jpg

Neo Allec & Maury V have both reported on the scarcity of JPN style game centers in KR (with cybercafe being a bigger/main draw).

Where in the world did you find these places?!

Totally rad!

Yeah, I loved those stools! I just found arcades wandering around asking people, but they were hard to come by. After Seoul I went to Tokyo and the difference was night and day.

fox

n00b
Still waiting to hear why I need to change the psu's, or how to tell when one is going. Anyone?

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
Update: Went Back to the arcade and it's still there looking pitiful.. It really needs a bezel, Does anyone know where to get parts for these? If it's still there around december I may pick it up for the right price..