Found a candy cab at a local arcade..

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
If its Safari Land, I know they had one that was. It actually is almost too big if thats possible for sit down use and the picture wasn't very good due to the size.

FLTCHRR

NEST Puppet
Yeah, those are all at Safari Land! When I was there, they had four, all that same size. They felt really awkward to play on and the screen was too big to really see anything decently while sitting so close to it.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Looks like they were already liquidating the cabs when you took that photo. XD

The FYE lost their lease so they were trying to sell games off. I'd never spend 700 bucks on that cab. The screen was going and the controls were busted. They also had bigger sit down cabs made of really heavy wood. They had one set up for House of The Dead and another for fighters. (DOA 1) They also had a couple of stand up units that were like knock offs of the big Dynamo cabs all of the later Street Fighter games used to be in.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
$700 is just their BIN. There's probably plenty of room for haggling if you point out the condition (or rather, a lack of) of the cabs.

SSS

neo retired
Yeah, those are all at Safari Land! When I was there, they had four, all that same size. They felt really awkward to play on and the screen was too big to really see anything decently while sitting so close to it.

if you stood back was the picture quality good? I guess there's a reason most cabs like that stop at 29". I find 33 to be fine, I would love to find a Domy Theater for Shmups.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Don't worry Mugicha, I've got you covered. I stumbled upon these beauties/monstrosities in 2010 just outside Chicago.

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Awesome man! I was afraid these things would fade into obscurity without photographic evidence, I tried to find some info on these things, but dammit if Power and King happen to be fairly common terms for searches right? the Cp's had those same hideous buttons, these are in fairly good shape though, the ones I saw looked more like the decomposing remains of a knock-off candy. thx also for showing, it was a 38' monitor, I remembered 39' but got it wrong, in person they just look too wide, and awkward.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

I'm glad to see them running, I couldn't even figure out how to turn the damn thing on!

FLTCHRR

NEST Puppet
I feel like to really do their scale justice you would need to put an astro city next to them. They are huge - if you bought one, I don't even know how you would get it through a door.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I feel like to really do their scale justice you would need to put an astro city next to them. They are huge - if you bought one, I don't even know how you would get it through a door.

I think you can just crumple the frame a little bit to get it through a door, since I'm pretty sure it's made of the same material as a birthday cake container from the grocery store.

true about the size aspect also, there were some power king 29' next to the ones I saw, made these bad boys look awesomely awkward.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
I actually have two of those 29 Power Kings I got in a cheap CL deal. One is horizontal and the other is vertical.

Here's a crappy pic of the horizontal. I'll take more with a real camera later.

347thjt.jpg

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I actually have two of those 29 Power Kings I got in a cheap CL deal. One is horizontal and the other is vertical.

Here's a crappy pic of the horizontal. I'll take more with a real camera later.

347thjt.jpg

Roadbuster welcome aboard, I was hoping to find someone who had these! Yours looks brand new, compared to the ones I saw. Do they work ok for you? and btw where the hell is the on/off switch?

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks for the welcome~

And actually, yes, they do work fairly well. When I got them, neither were functional, but all I really had to do was resolder the flyback in one and redo the power supply in the other. After that, it was mainly fuses and putting in my MG-1B.

They may not look like much, but the monitors look crisp and the sound is pretty decent as well. I haven't started really cleaning them up yet and I imagine the biggest nightmare is going to be making a new control panel that's a bit more Neo friendly. Still, they were dirt cheap, so I'm not complaining.

Power switch is under the control panel, left side.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I didn't think to look under the cp for the switch, glad they are working out for you!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Roadbuster, More pics of your Power kings! THIS, I COMMAND!
serpentor.jpg

Last edited:

candy cab

n00b
I just got a similar candy cab. A cwc-202 crowin cabinet with an MVS jamma system in it. How can I post pics of it?

fox

n00b
More pics. I know the side graphics are not right, but they were on clearance at game on graphix so I thought they might look good.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

fox

n00b
What do you guys think of it? It is my first Candy cab. I need to find new joysticks for it but cannot find the korean joysticks anywhere They still work fine but are getting a little loose, I think i need the CROWN CWL 304 to be an exact match.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Not the worst knock off cab, but the joystick issue would have made me pass. Can you replace the panel, or rework it to accept Sanwa jfl/30mm's? If you don't mind what was the price... I could see the appeal being greater if it was low.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I just got a similar candy cab. A cwc-202 crowin cabinet with an MVS jamma system in it. How can I post pics of it?

Welcome Candy Cab, to upload pics, you can use a site like photobucket or imageshack, once uploaded just copy and paste the img code of the pic:)

Fox I like your korean cab, the thing looks phenomenal compared to the ones I saw with my own eyes (think zombie arcade cabinet) looks well kept and clean. I would pick one of those up in a heartbeat if I had the chance, but there is a panda who lives in my neck of the woods who prevents such acquisitions:D

fox

n00b
I can get a sanwa joystick to work in it. just wanted to keep it as original as possible. It was not this clean when I got it. the control panel underneath looked like an ash tray. I have about 30 hours of work in it cleaning and refurbing it. It was not working when I got it either. I have about $450 total into in now in it's present condition. I hope I could get that back out if I ever decided to sell. I just seem to never sell my games, they just keep piling up.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
there is a panda who lives in my neck of the woods who prevents such acquisitions:D

Not for long, mate. You're going to have someone with an astronomical amount of wins under his belt, in addition to the others on the left coast to compete with.

SSS

neo retired

Change out that power supply. ASAP

The control panels on the crowins are thick pieces of shit that only accept samducksa controls. You'd be better off removing the black plastic panel piece and making a new control panel from scratch.

Last edited: