For those with kids, which games do they like?

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
My 4 yr old daughter doesn't really care for anything other than Neo Mr. Do. Pinball however, is another story...

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
For my 5 year old daughter it is Blues Journey (which she has completed) and Puzzle Bobble... she does play shooters and run ' gun but can't play the eaily so gets frustrated. I think I will try her on some other simple puzzle games or maybe Spinmaster/Top Hunter next... sure they will go down well.

As for my two nephews... they are now 9 and 12 but have been playing Metal Slug for years and still love it.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
My son is 8 years old and he loves Metal Slug (has done for years) and is now getting pretty good at KOF 98 and Real Bout 2, and enjoys both of them.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
My 4 yr old daughter doesn't really care for anything other than Neo Mr. Do. Pinball however, is another story...

My three year old loves my T2 pin also! My oldest enjoys bust a move on the neo and her friends like metal slug series ok. They liked the atomiswave slug 6 more though for some reason, but they at least agreed dolphin blue was better then that so I gave them a pass :-) I had a cocktail that she would also play Galaga and frogged on a lot. Here lately though it's all iPhone games for her that she plays with her friends online like terraria and minecraft.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Surprisingly enough, my 4-year old really isn't into video games like his old man is. I've tried sitting him down with my NES a bunch if times. He loses interest after 5-10 minutes.

He'd rather go play with his toy trains or cars, or throw a ball around, which is great. Maybe when he's a bit older he'll have some interest. I'm certainly not going to push it on him, but if he does gain interest, I'll be all to happy to guide him in the right direction in moderate amounts. In the meantime, we like to play street hockey, kid's got a mean one-timer.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
My 4 year old son runs to my neo cab whenever he sees Metal Slug 3 playing and goes to town. My 12 year old likes Baseball Stars 2, League Bowling, and Samurai Shodown 5. My 8 & 11 year old daughters likes Puzzle Bobble.

Phades

New Challenger
My daughter loves Magical Drop and Bust a Move. My son LOVES Metal Slug and has beaten all the ones I have multiple times. He also loves Shock Troopers and Spin Masters.

Conker73

n00b
10013317_10202466899486729_5640616727982279672_n.jpg

My nieces love playing different platform games on my iCade when visiting - but when I had my MVS cabinet - Bubble Bobble 2 was a big hit :)

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
My daughter is still to young for video games but she does love a game of - "How long can I keep Mom and Dad up tonight"

If she ends up like her mother she will have zero interest in video games, hopefully not though.

novabomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I don't have kids but my niece (10 years old) visits on a regular base, she loves spinmaster and puzzle de pon.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
My nephews (7 and 4) are coming this weekend to stay and they get to play big red for thr first time in thier lives!

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
My daughter is still to young for video games but she does love a game of - "How long can I keep Mom and Dad up tonight"

This game has become quite popular in our house too. :( I'm looking forward to my son getting old enough for games too.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
If we are talking about Neo or Arcade games, Metal Slugs are number one for my kids:

13241029515_2909a235e1_z.jpg

They also like KOFs, but like more to play Capcom vs. snk 2 and Marvel vs. capcom with the Naomi cab

13944645497_aea296c93b_z.jpg

Last weekend they wanted to play Baku Baku when they saw me playing that with ST-V.

Otherwise my kids play all kinds of games with different consoles and computer.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
20150306_204935.jpg

Nephews over playing an arcade for the first time. Big red seems like a good place to start! The two favourites of the night are kof 98 and sengoku 3. I prefer them playing sengoku 3 as they play as a team and arent fighting in real life when someone loses lol. 7 and 4 years old

edit: photo is straight on phone but posts sideways here. Sorry about the messed up view

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My son is 3 and his favorite games are, NTM and BS2.

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
I have a 10 year old stepson who likes to play the beat-em-ups with me: Robo Army, Sengoku, Burning Fight. We've played a lot of Thrash Rally too. He's big into racing/driving games and for some reason really loves the shit out of Bump 'n Jump on Colecovision.

I always have mixed emotions about him playing my retro systems though. Part of me (most of me) loves that he likes and appreciates old games, but another part of me is always watching to make sure he isn't tugging joysticks or mashing buttons too hard!

pheonixman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
My 5 year old son loved King of the Monsters 2 until I introduced him to shock troopers and that's all he wants to play now when he's allowed in the games room :D

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Bit of an update on what my kids play. I played a few levels opf the original Toejam and Earl with my son yesterday and he liked it. I've also been playing Toejam and Earl music lately due to the kickstarter that is going on.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
We don't have kids but, when my nieces come down to visit they love any Metal Slug. They are 12 and 13 its funny, most kids this age don't like older games becsuse they aren't new and cool. Good to know my nieces have good taste in games at least.