Flying Hamster II - Seriously Bummed This Likely Won't be Funded...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
So, the first Flying Hamster was basically a Parodius style shooter... What do they have planned for a sequel? A Wonder Boy in Monster Land clone, of course! To be exact, a copy of Dragon's Curse, my favorite Wonder Boy ever!

Look at this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/612975670/flying-hamster-ii

Look at that! I want to play that so bad. They even got the composer from the Castlevania games to do music for them!

At this point it's limping along way underfunded with 10 days to go. I know we're not going to make a dent in it, but I figured some of the folks here might be interested. Those folks might know a few more people that might be interested... and maybe, just maybe we can get this to eek over the target goal.

:)

Fingers crossed, cause this game looks so rad...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The graphics are a little too HD and Cute. They would probably get 3x as much if it was pixelated, and called out Wonderboy more.
It looks too close to MapleStory.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
It's seems the sentiment is shared with the masses. Shame, really. This is exactly the kind of game I'd love to play right now... and its such an awesome homage to such an awesome old school game. Oh well. Such is the life for a high quality looking 2D game in today's world.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Looks like a sweet game with a lot of heart and soul...sadly those last 2 things are not only what gamers don't give a fuck about, but the rest of the world as well.

I also think that people are getting burned out on kickstarting so much shit these days.

Damn shame. =(

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Damn, they got Yamane to do the composing for this!? Absolutely shameful it's not funded already.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
So, the Kickstarter was canceled today... but, there's good news.

The short: Flying Hamster II has found a publisher and will be making it to Steam and other platforms!

The long:

Hi beautiful backers,

During the past few weeks many things happened behind the scenes and now we are glad to officially announce our future plans for Flying Hamster II.

While we were working hard on a relaunch of this Kickstarter campaign with a new approach and lots of improvements, we had the chance to discuss with FDG Entertainment's Thomas Kern about a possible collaboration on Flying Hamster II. We finally agreed to put our efforts together and make the game happen without rebooting our campaign.

We are really thrilled that we can go on production earlier than we could ever expect, thanks to the help of FDG Entertainment, and without changing anything from what we initially planned to make. We even think that being published by FDG Entertainment will drastically raise the overall quality of the game as we are now able to focus on its development and get their experienced feedback and support.

Now here’s a quote from FDG Entertainment’s co-founder Thomas Kern:

“FDG Entertainment is an indie game publishing company with a focus of high quality, fun to play games. We've been following Game Atelier's impressive quality productions since the release of Flying Hamster and loved their talent and passion which made their games clearly stand out from the crowd. We've been excited about the Kickstarter Project of 'Flying Hamster II'. Being gamers from heart since the early days, we couldn't do anything but fall in love with the game. We are convinced that this kind of game is what people are still looking for these days, so we jumped in to make sure this game is going to happen and fill us all with joy. We are excited to cooperate with Game Atelier in order to make the game become a reality and warp us back into the days of exciting 2D action adventures with the sensation of exploration and wonder.”

And here’s what’s gonna happen next:

Yes, Flying Hamster II will be released on Steam for PC Windows once we finish the development, other ports will follow later.
Flying Hamster II won’t be downgraded or turned into any kind of freemium game: it will remain a full downloadable premium game.
But wait, there’s more...

Get your free copy Flying Hamster II !
In order to celebrate our new collaboration between FDG Entertainment and Game Atelier, we decided to give you the chance to get a free copy of Flying Hamster II once it will be released. The rules are very simple:

1. Tweet or post on Facebook (or your favorite public forum) the following message or something about the game with your own words:

Flying Hamster II is happening, thanks to @FDG_Games! Follow them and look at their cool games http://fdg-entertainment.com

2. Send us an Email at kickstarter@flyinghamster2.com with the following details:
a. Your full name.
b. Your Email address.
c. Your Kickstarter nickname.
d. The link where you posted your message, either on Facebook, Twitter or a public forum.

3. We’ll be sending you a Steam key once the game is released.

Final words
Once again, you’ve been absolutely amazing during this campaign and we hope that you'll continue to follow us, spread the word and invite your friends to look forward to this incredible journey that lies ahead. You clearly contributed to make this game happen when you decided to support it, thank you for that! Now, we’ll do it for you, alongside with FDG Entertainment!

Sincerely,

Fabien and the FLYING HAMSTER Team

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
The game looks great. I appreciate the share, and I'm excited that it's getting released after all. The free Steam copy is icing on the cake. So without further ado...

Flying Hamster II is happening, thanks to @FDG_Games! Follow them and look at their cool games http://fdg-entertainment.com

Last edited: