Flashcarts illegal to sell?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Got this from dragonbox.

Will this make all flashcarts hard to find or will this affect just nintendo ds carts?

Any thoughts?

Hi,

this is more a help-letter than a newsletter - but let me explain!

Nintendo won in court in Germany against Slot-1 Flashcarts (for the NDS) - these are now illegal.

We don't know yet what that means for the Everdrive flashcarts. Are they illegal as well? Or are the systems too old and therefore the flashcarts have to be handled differently?

So right now, we've got most of them in stock but need to check first whether they are legal to be sold or not.

If you know a good lawyer in Germany (or happen to be one) and want to help out:

Please do contact me via the contact form in the shop, phone (*) or eMail (*).

Of course, you're also welcome to contact us in case you got further questions.

Hopefully, we can start selling these again soon!

I decided to not include their contact information on this post, if anyone actually wants to help them, does not have their newsletter and needs their contact information but cant find it, you can pm me and I will forward the info.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
nice ...pulstar? gif in your sig.

also no they're not illegal.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm surprised it took Nintendo this long. These nds flash carts have been around forever. I think they have one that plays 3ds games as well.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I guess sometimes such litigation processes might take years. It has not been clarified if this was surpreme court ruling or some lower tier. (I was assuming this was rather a more higher level ruling than lower level but now that I re-read it, it is not clear)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Buy them from China, who gives a fuck what germany wants.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The verdict forbids a specific company to sell a specific product, it's not going to affect anything else, neither in Germany nor elsewhere.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
"If you know a good lawyer in Germany (or happen to be one) and want to help out:"

This kind of thing irks me a bit. I'm as bad as anyone for downloading stuff that I shouldn't be, but I'm not going to try and convince myself that it's ok because of some shitty loophole I've found. I just watch a Colin Farrell film every now and again and then I feel like I've paid my dues.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
"If you know a good lawyer in Germany (or happen to be one) and want to help out:"

This kind of thing irks me a bit. I'm as bad as anyone for downloading stuff that I shouldn't be, but I'm not going to try and convince myself that it's ok because of some shitty loophole I've found. I just watch a Colin Farrell film every now and again and then I feel like I've paid my dues.
Of all the Irish people Britain tries to claim are theirs. Colin Farrell is one I wish they actually would claim. Dirtbag about sums him up.