FIXED: CMVS 2 slot unibios 3.1 error

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Hi guys I received my new 2 slot yesterday but I am not in peece since then. I keep receiving a fancy error on start up. The guy who sold it to me, says that a tiny wire on a specific place near the battery must not touch to anything metallic. He says it might moved and touch arround during the post Transport.

I wonder if this the issue is, why there is not a proper cable there instead of the wire.

I move the wire and games boot normally. I put tape on the wire but then again I get the error screen. I have some pics for you to check. The wire is barely visible and connects the small blue cap with the first leg on the chip in 43256.

Can you help me please

Attachments

• IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1337.JPG
    IMG_1337.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1338.JPG
    IMG_1338.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
The dude should have used insulated wire like any normal person would have to repair a trace.

Beharius

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
I think it's soldered between the 2 pins of the 58257 IC. That was repaired by Alphagamer on the forums. The wire shouldn't be touching anything.

Yes, that is the issue...

Last edited:

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I'd talk it over with the seller before doing anything.
Seller assures me that this is what is causing the green screen. Told me he also had that specific issue when he bought the cmvs from the creator and when he moved the wire up, making sure it doesn't touch anywhere, he never had the issue or any other issues again.

But here I am seaking another opinion from you guys. I am at the Office and cant test it again for a couple of hours. I thought it may be an obvious issue related to memory or cpu or other.
Thanks shadowkn55, I miss my Omega

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
There could also be a problem with the bios but it could be other things also.

With the system powered off remove the battery for a few seconds, re attach it and try again. Like others said though if that does not work contact the seller.

Also post a copy of the error message with the address registers showing.

Raz

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
There could also be a problem with the bios but it could be other things also.

With the system powered off remove the battery for a few seconds, re attach it and try again. Like others said though if that does not work contact the seller.

Also post a copy of the error message with the address registers showing.

Raz
I will do that with the battery when I go home.
How can I see the error message with the address registers showing. Do I press c or d when on the error screen?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks like the BRAM /WE pin. Trace is probably broken. It should connect to the LS32 so it shouldn't be connected to the cap.

Beharius

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
Before the unibios and without battery, it had the same error. Its trace probably damaged by the battery leak, so its previous owner (Alphagamer) fixed it by rerouting. I didn't attempt to repair it because I didn't know its solution. It works by lifting the wire.

I consolized it. :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It should be connected to pin 6 on the LS32/HC32 from pin 27 of the BRAM, iirc.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm getting rather sick of repairing other people's CMVS units. I already gave the info you need. Don't be lazy.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
The issue is now fixed. Thanks to Xian Xi and Beharius!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I'm getting rather sick of repairing other people's CMVS units. I already gave the info you need. Don't be lazy.

Funny!

I don't repair them. I hate some of the garbage repairs and hacks that others have done and won't touch consolized systems. The funny part is that I refer them to you for repairs. :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Funny!

I don't repair them. I hate some of the garbage repairs and hacks that others have done and won't touch consolized systems. The funny part is that I refer them to you for repairs. :)

LOL, yes, I remember that one. It was rat's nest but that one was an easy fix iirc.