Firearm enthusiast thread

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
If you’re lucky the guy you shot in your home would get charged with manslaughter.

Anecdote but I heard a story about two guys who tried to rob a convenience store. The clerk blasts one guy dead and shoots the other. The second guy lives and is charged with the first robber’s murder.

But yeah. Don’t shoot blindly or fire warning shots.

I’d just burn down max 330 Megas home.
This is a good move. The house is made of brick but has a lot of alcohol in it. You win this round, Dr. Claw!

@ mainmain- Yup, theft and I have personal firearm liability insurance. Im the type of guy who pays for the maximum triple A auto club coverage every year and uses it maybe once every five years. No paranoia here, none.

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
@ mainmain- Yup, theft and I have personal firearm liability insurance
They are currently discussing forcing gun owners to purchase liability insurance in CA.

I plan on picking up a Performance Center SW .500 next month before they ban it state wide

I quickly fell for this model 27 I bought.

Thinking of grabbing a 610 next. Also wondering how bad a 44 mag recoil is, really stuck between 3 revolvers right now. I find 357 very rewarding feeling, wondering if 44 recoil may take away from the enjoyment. Cant imagine stepping it up to a 500

Do you find moonclips and quick loaders a must or do you find them a hassle? I know i’ll need them if I grab a 610 next.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Ironically the first firearm I fired was a .44. That being said it was easier for me to move up or down in caliber. The largest I fired to date is 50AE, 454 and 460. The recoil from a 44 mag is nothing to play down but I am sure you could adapt with practice. It is a fun round to shot but remember it's not as cheap as 9mm and especially 22

If you want a 10mm why not go semiauto over the SW 610

It's scary you bring up revolver quick reloaders. I bought one from 5 Star 4 weeks ago but haven't received it yet. They are the only outfit who makes 460/500 reloaders.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
If you want a 10mm but a Glock 41 (it's a .45 ACP) then get a conversion barrel to 10mm.

Well the model 27 is my first revolver and Im hype on it, want to try other revolvers, and 10mm is already a caliber I keep in stock, and i bet it feels like 357, which feels friggin great to me in the 27, and 10mm has gotten way more common and cheaper than 357, and damn this s&w just feels great, everyone tells me I should have started with a 686, so a 610 just kind of fits me I think.

The other two im considering are a super redhawk in 44 or a colt python. Just for sex appeal and lore, but the 610 seems to make a bit more sense. Hard to say no to a four inch python, they just look so good. Shame the price on vintage blued ones is through the roof.

Im enjoying the model 27 way more than any other pistol ive tried to this point. Definitely going to be focusing on revolvers as far as handguns for awhile.

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Well I did it, I went out and purchased a SW.500 Performance Center 7.5" before this shitty state officially bans them. I was planing on buying this later in the year, now I need to drop another 1K stockpiling ammunition for it. It's in route to my FFL only for me to wait 10 extra days. Bought both my Xframes from guns.com

Plan on getting a custom BFR in 45/70 next, this will destroy the bank at 3.5k

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just in case you weren't aware:

Deterrence Dispensed

DefCad

Couple Youtube channels featuring 3D printed guns, but keep in mind that Youtube has cracked down hard on anything that even appears to resemble how to manufacture a firearm:

3d Pew General - his 3D print general channel is also good, but doesn't cover guns so as to not risk becoming fully demonetized

Print Shoot Repeat - unfortunately he had a lot of his content removed. His 3D printed content, however, was interesting as it was wholly from the perspective of a guy with a 3D printer who was printing designs off the internet. He isn't developing his own stuff. EDIT: oh man, looks like he actually removed all his 3D printed content. I think it's on Odysse.

Last edited:
I hate that youtube doesnt have a competitor. So many very helpful old firearm videos just getting deleted over there, it reminds me of when photobucket broke. All kinds of super useful data just gone forever after building an archive for so long.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I hate that youtube doesnt have a competitor. So many very helpful old firearm videos just getting deleted over there, it reminds me of when photobucket broke. All kinds of super useful data just gone forever after building an archive for so long.
Get used to it. We are entering an age where the sheer amount of information formats, platforms and content begin to evaporate under the pressure of new formats, platforms and content. One day nothing except vital old information will persist.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Today was a good day. I found out with my COE & FFLO3 my FFL dealer waived the 10 day wait so I got to bring this home today.
20230302_190552.jpg

Just in case you weren't aware:

Deterrence Dispensed

DefCad

Couple Youtube channels featuring 3D printed guns, but keep in mind that Youtube has cracked down hard on anything that even appears to resemble how to manufacture a firearm:

3d Pew General - his 3D print general channel is also good, but doesn't cover guns so as to not risk becoming fully demonetized

Print Shoot Repeat - unfortunately he had a lot of his content removed. His 3D printed content, however, was interesting as it was wholly from the perspective of a guy with a 3D printer who was printing designs off the internet. He isn't developing his own stuff. EDIT: oh man, looks like he actually removed all his 3D printed content. I think it's on Odysse.
This is really useful thanks

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
You guys have posted weapons whom projectiles are capable of easily going through drywall. Why do you have to go up the stairs in the first place.

hahah this. I have 1 9MM or a .40cal for if someone needs to SEE the firepower and a .22 in case I have to actually shoot at someone and not ruin my walls, floor, and have to move because I know where all the brains were.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
hahah this. I have 1 9MM or a .40cal for if someone needs to SEE the firepower and a .22 in case I have to actually shoot at someone and not ruin my walls, floor, and have to move because I know where all the brains were.
You might want to use that 9 against intruders instead, that 22 don't have stopping power. If you're not superstitious having some fool brain matter on your walls is a fond trophy.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
LoLz handguns and stopping power.
The only reason people carry handguns is because carrying a rifle everywhere can be inconvenient.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
LoLz handguns and stopping power.
The only reason people carry handguns is because carrying a rifle everywhere can be inconvenient.

I wonder if this idea dates to the era of revolvers and semi-autos like the 1911 where capacity was 7+1 at best? Granted you had designs like the high-power with 13 rounds but people (Americans?) seemed dismissive of 9mm for a long time (all the while using 38 special lol).

The idea clearly persisted until even the adoption of the 5.56 in the M16 after a decades of America's raging hard-on for .308 win.

Obviously you want to make the biggest hole you can, but when you have 17+ rounds in a modern duty gun 10+ in a concealed job, just fill them full of holes.

I kind of want a 5.7 pistol but I don't think there are many available in CA at the moment. Maybe in a decade when SCOTUS overturns all of CA's nonsense.

Looks like fun mainman, curious what the recoil feels like. Im quickly falling for revolvers, plan on picking up another one myself this week.

Went to the most amazing private range today, half the distance to my old range. Tons of targets out to 250 yards, gunsmith shop, bathroom, lounge and a bar…

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Looks like fun mainman, curious what the recoil feels like. Im quickly falling for revolvers, plan on picking up another one myself this week.

Went to the most amazing private range today, half the distance to my old range. Tons of targets out to 250 yards, gunsmith shop, bathroom, lounge and a bar…
I have not fired the .500 yet, plan to hit the range this Friday on my day off. I have fired a .500 before and your enjoyment or lack thereof will depend on the barrel length and bullet grain. Since my 500 has a muzzle break, 7.5 inch barrel and I do not plan on firing anything over 300 grain I am expecting it to be more of a enjoyable trip as oppose to the 3 inch SW .500 no muzzle with a 700 grain round I first tried out long ago. If you never fired at least a .44 but really a .454 I wouldn't recommend firing a X frame revolver. The recoil can harm you, I don't plan on letting anyone I know try out the .500. Heck the only other person I let fire my .460 I only let them fire 45 long colt, no .454 and definitely not the .460.

The SW.500 was on my list for a end of the year purchase but became a rush panic purchase. I only got the SW .460 seven weeks ago so I dropped a fuck ton of money in a short amount of time on just these two revolvers.

What is the name of the range you went to, sounds like guy heaven.

Last edited:
Yeah I definitely plan on going up to a 44mag but ive been shooting so much lately I really want one more smaller revolver first. Something I can put a lot more enjoyable rounds through in a range trip cheaply. Pretty sold on a s&w 610 as mentioned earlier. 44 mag will come after that, looking at an anaconda.

Sucks that you had to rush those big purchases, but at least you could swing it and own them now. Very curious to hear how you are enjoying that 500 after you get a chance to shoot it.

Brakes and muzzle devices are something Im just starting to experiment with. Looking at the one on your revolver is giving me ptsd. Had a buddy shooting next to me yesterday with the most obnoxious brake ever on a 308. Had to beef up my hearing pro, couldn't escape the hot gas coming out of the thing. Not a range friendly brake, im going to make that guy swap shooting benches with me next time so he can see how annoying that brake is to shoot next to.

Where do you shoot in cali? Indoor range or drive into the middle of the desert? I missed out big by not being into firearms while living there, would really love to try shooting at big distances. Here its hard to find even 100 yard outdoor range, because the woods here are vietnam thick and that would have to be cleared first. Was a real treat being at a 250 yard range yesterday.