Firearm enthusiast thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Make no mistake, the intent of many in various levels of CA gov't is disarmament and such a burdensome restriction on the 2A right as to effectively nullify it. And the other politicians simply run the anti-gun platform because they're doing it for the children. It's sweet campaign material to say they propose bills year after year to makes the streets safer and keep guns out of the hands of criminals. Even if the bills are defeated. Then they can say they tried but their "reckless" opponents don't care about public safety.

SF will lose in court.

There are court documents from high ranking officials in the CA DoJ Bureau of Firearms who are on the record stating rebuild kits are legal.

SF attempted to ban handguns about a decade ago. The CA Supreme Court wisely ruled their law was unconstitutional. They'll lose again.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
If anyone needs BCGs right now, check the new arrivals list at AIM Surplus. They have two different types, $120.00 each.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I wish I could get a suppressor:(

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I was thinking that exact thought as he was threading on that badass one in the video

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I really want a rolling block in .45-70.

Or a Sharps.

But I'm not rich.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Speaking of suppressors, check this action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haiqFcIXTqs

A $75 (plus $200 BATFE tax stamp) adapter for guns with threaded barrels that turns a regular oil filter into a suppressor.

Although, gun owners have to at some point, stop allowing letting disarmament-nuts to define the terms of the debate: It isn't a "silencer", like it's shown on movies and TV (*Phoot Phoot*); but while "suppressor" is technically correct, "barrel-mounted hearing protector" is it's actual function.

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I ignored those ranch hands for some reason, It never dawned on me to SBR one.
Must.... Resist.....

Anyway, Finished another AR lower today. This one has a fixed A1 stock on it.
Stuck it under my dedicated .22 upper for a bit, felt damn good.
Kinda forgot how much I like a fixed stock.
Trying to decided what to do with it now.
20" rifle, 16" lightweight carbine, flat top, A1/C7 upper, 5.56, .300 Blackout...
I'm kind of leaning toward a 20" rifle. Just to go flat top or A1 style.

I've seen those oil can suppressors before, there is a healthy debate about the ultimate legality of them.
If you read carefully they come with a serialized filter, which makes me think the whole thing is counted as the suppressor by the ATF. The belief is if you swap another filter to the adaptor it could be construed as manufacturing an unregistered "can" & could potentially land you in the pokey.
Like having extra baffles for your suppressor.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Speaking of suppressors, check this action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haiqFcIXTqs

A $75 (plus $200 BATFE tax stamp) adapter for guns with threaded barrels that turns a regular oil filter into a suppressor.

Although, gun owners have to at some point, stop allowing letting disarmament-nuts to define the terms of the debate: It isn't a "silencer", like it's shown on movies and TV (*Phoot Phoot*); but while "suppressor" is technically correct, "barrel-mounted hearing protector" is it's actual function.

I really think we can get silencers deregulated from the NFA in our lifetime. I think a solid compromise would simply be to have them considered Title 1/GCA '68 Firearms.

They should, of course, be unregulated. They're safety devices.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
aR995.png

same as the last thing I put here

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
good to see pmags and other shit settling back down to normal prices

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

The Heller decision five years on as seen by the smartest motherfucker in the room.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
HELL yes, in the full video Bob Levy gets straight to point: Want to end gun violence?

Fucking legalize drugs.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Is this old?

8CBdpfv.jpg

No...?

I've seen and heard about signs like these posted at many stores.

This one is probably the best I've seen.

Must be nice to live somewhere where you can exercise your right to bear arms.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

does it work? are your arms so long that you need the front grip all the way out, maybe it doesn't worry you or splash at all? what sights will you get? it doesn't even have a bead? I ended up settling for an 870 its cap is 7 total. I got a cool stock for it though. Have you ever seen the aguila minishells? they go through mine pretty good making my cap 11 so yours would be thirty something! what do you plan to feed it? i.e. do youknow of a place to get the best deal on target (cheap birdshot) shells?

Cool how long did you wait / how did you find?

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Not shot it yet. It doesn't like my a-zoom snap caps so I'm
A little concerned about functionality.
The vertical grip is damn near mandatory. The thing is so short that I could easily see my hand slipping off the grip & ending up in front of the muzzle.
All it came with was a sling & instructions.
Found it at a gun show for msrp, picked it up for my father honestly.
He will probably put a red dot on it, cabelas has the trs 25 with riser on sale fright now for $100 so he will probably go that route.
It comes with no sites. It will hold 25/26 of the mini shells.
I have an 870 myself, I'm interested in putting this through the paces but I can't see it replacing my Remington.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
The vertical grip is damn near mandatory. The thing is so short that I could easily see my hand slipping off the grip & ending up in front of the muzzle.

Its on backwards if you're worried about slipping, I guess it would help with ejecting like that though? I've seen it recommended to apply forward pressure on the foregrip when firing so yeah its backwards... I saw a bunch of videos where they wouldn't get past five rounds so yeah there is a chance its not too reliable that and they are impossible to find made me get the 870_its good like people said.

I hope its a 'good one' for your sake though!