Finding offense where none exists, America's favorite pastime

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Yahoo! lets see what armchair genius #2 has to say about it.

@norton9478 do you agree that Phrenology is a pseudo-science?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What a blast from the past-- norton says "asiatic". Well at least he didn't say oriental, I guess.
Some places translate 东方 as Oriental here. Big businesses too. You ever see Oriental or Orient in Japan?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
That's not the question he asked; he asked what's racist about it

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What is racist about painting your face to closer match the skin tones of the ethnicity you're dressing up as?

Is that what Trudeau was doing or was he in black face?

Blackface is racist.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That's not the question he asked; he asked what's racist about it

Are you really asking me what is racist about over amplifying features another racial group?

?

Blackface is racist.
Not unless you are an american.
Note: The actual words Stage used was "Darkening One's Skin" . He didn't even raise it to the level of "Blackface".

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What a blast from the past-- norton says "asiatic". Well at least he didn't say oriental, I guess.
I should not have used Asiatic in that instance, It does not fit the narrative that I was trying to convey.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Note: The actual words Stage used was "Darkening One's Skin" . He didn't even raise it to the level of "Blackface".
I recognize the delicate nature of this subject, which is why I was deliberate with my words.

Blackface has a connotation with racism. Ex: someone does blackface when their face is painted and they say something like, "yessuh massa" for example.

I wouldn't call a child from, IDK Italy or wherever, dressing up as someone from a foreign ethnic group and applying black or brown paint/makeup to their face as racist.

People are different. As long as it's not done derogatorily then I don't view it as racist.

There is so much baggage with black Americans that this is the only place I would dare express this viewpoint.

PS there is a very kind black American teacher here who dressed up as someone from Persia for Halloween one year. Did his eyebrows and everything. Is that racist?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think it would be a lost cause to try and explain it. But I implore you to look at the sordid history of this.
1723925_orig.jpg

5a2988a7190000492c03517a.jpeg

antisemitismexplained_social_gleichheit_2.jpg

antisemitismexplained_social_wandering_2.jpg

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I think it would be a lost cause to try and explain it. But I implore you to look at the sordid history of this.
You know what the story is? Justin is the son of a giant faggot which the other Canada used to love for some reason (like shitting on QC every chance he got). Justin was raised with a silver spoon up his ass. The only thing that made this dumb rich boy our prime minister is his name, nothing else. Don't mind the blackface, he's really that dumb. He doesn't even make the difference between blacks and arabs. That's Westmount for you. Oh Canada and all that.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
norton, you have gone so far off course. I feel embarrassed for you.

All I said is it is not racist for non-Americans to paint their faces black or brown (to clarify - for fun).

You are just way too close to this issue to see against it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
All I said is it is not racist for non-Americans to paint their faces black or brown

You also said that you do not understand why overexaggerating of features could be racist.

Like I said, I should not have to explain it. Sorry for trying.

People are different. As long as it's not done derogatorily then I don't view it as racist.
Intent isn't required.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just remember, this is the internet. Don't take things too seriously.
Most of the people who take the internet way too seriously are those that peaked in high school and need something to fulfill themselves.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
The world is richer for having Ben Jabituya in it.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I have a very old history textbook that states the world is comprised of three racial origins: caucasoid, negroid, and mongloid.

It’s a hoot.

Least he didn’t say Yellow.
the army used to classify asians as "yellow mongoloid"

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Are you really asking me what is racist about over amplifying features another racial group?

Not unless you are an american.
if someone was dressing up as bruce lee for Halloween, i'd be offended if they didn't go all the way with the skin tone, eyes, accent, etc. otherwise, i'd just think they a fucking weeb in chinese clothes. the difference is homage vs. cultural appropriation.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
if someone was dressing up as bruce lee for Halloween, i'd be offended if they didn't go all the way with the skin tone, eyes, accent, etc. otherwise, i'd just think they a fucking weeb in chinese clothes. the difference is homage vs. cultural appropriation.
I struggle to get on board with the cultural appropriation rage. The line between appropriation and appreciation seems to be so fine that I'm comfortable people are just using it to whinge their cunts off about nothing.