Final Vendetta next Neo game from Bitmap Bureau!

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
20211019_232117.jpg

Pretty excited about this. I'm assuming this will be a side scrolling brawler, and the Neo Geo was lacking in that department once they fully jumped on the Fighting game bandwagon. If its anything like the previous Vendetta arcade game, i'll be very pleased. Hopefully they'll up the meg count to around 500 and make this game not only visually stunning, but something to really give Final Fight a run for its money as best beat em up. Looks like this will be the first after market Neo Geo release i add to my collection. Totally ready to wait 4 to 5 years for release.

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
I know everyone's going to hate me as much as they already do, but someone should do a Batman game for the Neo. Bye

mhell06

n00b
Not much to go by, but I'm looking forward to seeing more. Only brought Xeno Crisis on Mega Drive, but I'll probably buy this on the Neo if it is the lead platform (wonder if this is both platforms too?). Is there any more hints on the genre except the name? If I recall correctly the devs have dropped some hints before on what they would be interested in doing, but I can't remember what they were.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I know everyone's going to hate me as much as they already do, but someone should do a Batman game for the Neo. Bye

Yeah, well, you dig up the $$$$$$ licensing fee and I’m sure someone would kickstart the development. The problem with anything based on anything is you have to pay some squatters for the rights and they don’t ever let it go cheap. Video game budgets are variable but with toys and such the license is usually about half the budget of the thing. So while Nintendo can spend $1 on development, someone making a Batman game can spend only $0.50, they need to mail the other $0.50 to WB for doing fuck all. This is why there are so many shitty games based on preexisting things. What’s amazing is that good Batman games occasionally get made.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
It does sound like it might be a side-scrolling brawler. Since NGDEV seems to mostly make shooting games, it is nice to have a 2nd company that will create different styles of games. I still think the Battle Axe game (that they were involved with), would make an awesome NEO game, too.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
They have a lot of issues with xeno crisis and that was just a port. I have a ton of things i'd except them to improvement.

I want a damn arranged sound track for starts on the cd version.
Over scan being factored in
No bugs that fans can fix and find in minutes
It to actually use some of the neogeos power

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I'm pretty sure other Neo CD games suffer from overscan issues when played through composite. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me especially considering ar gee bee solves that.

The bugs, on the other hand...

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There's that one bit that's wrong for the PCM memory bank. The graphics issues experienced by a few is a hardware problem. The game itself isn't buggy at least.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Give Final Fight a run for it's money lol. They won't go that route. Final Fight is considered dated by today's fighting games standards. It's charm is that it's a meat and potatoes game, the fundamentals are perfect but it's the tetris of belt scrollers. Simple and complex at the same time. You only need 2 buttons in this genre

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Yeah true. I would just hope it would have the same impact Final Fight did in its heyday. One can dream, but hey, as long as its an impressive looking, well playing, kick ass beat em up, i'll be happy.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
That's a fever dream. Final Fight's impact was due to it being cutting edge at a time when these types of games where very popular.
This could turn out competent but ultimately it's a passion project for developper and consumer alike. Ir has it's place in the gaming landscape, it's a few notches above parody.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I'm pretty sure other Neo CD games suffer from overscan issues when played through composite. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me especially considering ar gee bee solves that.

The bugs, on the other hand...
Theres not a single game of the 70 tiles I own on Neo CD other than xenocrisis that has bad enough overscan and safe zone issues. Xenocrsis literally cuts off the score, in game text and menus. I dont want to adjust a consumer set literally for one game.

Not fixing a mistake or doing a better job because "it sucks on other stuff too" is a shit reason.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm down to support their next brawler, lord knows we need more of those on the Neo.

traveno

Rugal's Thug
I'm down to support their next brawler, lord knows we need more of those on the Neo.
Absolutely. More devs making games for Neo is what I want. Yes their first release is a little rough but I'd love to see them become more familiar with the hardware and thus produce polished games that we can all enjoy. I'm also happy that they're open to selling the ROMs in digital format unlike NGDev.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
So is this basically Paprium but for the Neo Geo?

Hard pass thanks.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
So is this basically Paprium but for the Neo Geo?

Hard pass thanks.
Yeah, based on the logo alone, it's clearly the same thing.

I'll ask st1ka to do a Youtube series, "What happened to Final Vendetta???"

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The key is good enemy design. I'd say it is top 3 priority. It isn't well realized 99% of the time.
SoR2 is an example, though I'd say it's uneven more than outright bad.
Personally I like most offerings from late 80s early 90s and nothing too much beyond. It's not nostalgia, I just think the DD thing is perfect, no need to do much outside the urban ruffian thing. Maybe Violence Fight and Undercover Cops pulled it off.

If you aren't enjoying beating up the opponent because the opponent somehow doesn't compel you to do so, it becomes a chore.
Too many examples to count. Even if you give the selected character super moves, if you don't balance it off with something interesting, it will matter little overall.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
If you aren't enjoying beating up the opponent because the opponent somehow doesn't compel you to do so, it becomes a chore.
Too many examples to count. Even if you give the selected character super moves, if you don't balance it off with something interesting, it will matter little overall.
It has to be fun to hit the enemies. It takes the right combination of good sound effects, animation and controls to create the "feel" of playing it. It has to be fun to perform the moves.

This is why Karate Blazers from Video System is still one of my favorites to take out for multiplayer fun. The presentation is not very good for 1991, but it's just so much fun to wail on the enemies. It just feels good to take out your pent-up aggression on the hordes of opponents.