Final Vendetta by Bitmap Bureau

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Interesting that they have NEO GEO titles at work, and not something they're going to port as the nth platform. Hopefully they'll take their time to actually develop their own Z80 sound driver for chiptunes instead of just playing a sample, and who knows, maybe even release it publicly for other devs. Neo Geo is really lacking on that department looking at homebrew games.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
Interesting that they have NEO GEO titles at work, and not something they're going to port as the nth platform. Hopefully they'll take their time to actually develop their own Z80 sound driver for chiptunes instead of just playing a sample, and who knows, maybe even release it publicly for other devs. Neo Geo is really lacking on that department looking at homebrew games.
Recent news, found in the comments of Neo Alec's Xeno Crisis video.

sound.PNG

https://www.deflemask.com/

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
NOOOO I WANTED MML!

goddamit yet another system people will refuse to not use a tracker

Salvio007

Mr. Big's Thug
Following - You have my attention..
I've been bitching about this for the past 6 years, tired of these damn shumps!
We need some manly crotch kicking action

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
This update to deflemask has been long awaited - fantastic news!!! (y)

I'll definitely be watching the BB game as well. With that title, Mr T and Hulk Hogan need to be part of the crew. :drool_2:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
So the game is now out on current gen it seems? Anyone played it yet?
I have not, I preordered the LRG PS4, so waiting till then, unless maybe there is a sale below $10 for a digital copy. I did see this today, but haven’t watched it.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The female fighter should have had the Chyna WWE forearm to the nuts....need more grittiness...
BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I don't know if they realize this or not but FINAL FIGHT hasn't held up imo...very boring and generic nowadays...I agree with it being an inspiration but this is sooo cookie cutter...break the norms for a change...I want over the top exaggerated graphics...cooler moves and that After the War grittiness.
BB

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I don't know if they realize this or not but FINAL FIGHT hasn't held up imo...very boring and generic nowadays...I agree with it being an inspiration but this is sooo cookie cutter...break the norms for a change...I want over the top exaggerated graphics...cooler moves and that After the War grittiness.
BB
Yeah, I have to agree. Final Fight is iconic because it set a high bar in graphics and gameplay for a brawler... at the time. It's still fun to play in short bursts, but the AI is very cheap in places, and I'm usually bored by the industrial stage.

Streets of Rage 2 on the other hand... while the graphics may not be on par with Final Fight (MD vs Arcade), the gameplay is still solid. I've yet to find another brawler that is as re-playable as this... although Cadillacs & Dinosaurs and AvP come very close. Just a shame those two are locked in IP hell.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
BB
In short, you want this...
I completely agree.

Edit: speaking of Violent Storm, I love the first stage BGM, but I think I know where the guys at Konami got the inspiration...

And Stage 6 (Port Town) is basically this...

Last edited:

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
The animation looks fantastic but the sprite style in this game just doesn't click for me. Maybe it's the color gradients and banding, but it genuinely reminds me of edited KoF sprites fans make for MUGEN.

Art style aside, the character designs themselves are pretty generic, sub-Jaleco tier designs with nothing memorable or interesting about them. I'm hoping the gameplay can overcome the visual blandness.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
So I broke down and purchased this, at $25 it's hard to recommend to anyone other than a hardcore beat 'em up fan.

The control scheme is a bit weird, having a "special" button that has no function other than an alternate throw/dash attack and hitting downed enemies. You also can't remap anything beyond the face buttons, so no using the shoulder buttons for anything nor mapping button combos to a single button.

Audio is very good. Characters are extremely well animated but graphically bland and most walk with that stupid corncob-up-the-ass strut like the dude in Riot Zone. Mooks look like Rival Turf rejects. If judging only by screenshots Burning Fight or even Paprium look much better.

With a very limited amount of enemies and only 6 stages there's just not much here, especially considering both Shredder's Revenge and SoR4 are on the same platforms with the same price tag.

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
BB
agree, people are hung up on 'retro'

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
The animation looks fantastic but the sprite style in this game just doesn't click for me. Maybe it's the color gradients and banding, but it genuinely reminds me of edited KoF sprites fans make for MUGEN.

Art style aside, the character designs themselves are pretty generic, sub-Jaleco tier designs with nothing memorable or interesting about them. I'm hoping the gameplay can overcome the visual blandness.
Great points. I agree I thought it looked very meh from the screenshots, but came along when I saw it in action, but I still feel it looks very generic, it’s lacking any sort of interesting style to me.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Horrible looking game. Wouldn't get the time of day 30 years ago. Worse than Jaleco imo.

I say this as a big fan of Burning Fight, Robo Army and Mutation Nation.

Absolutely zero Neo-Geo flavor.

geladobom

War Room Troll
In short, you want this...
I completely agree.

Edit: speaking of Violent Storm, I love the first stage BGM, but I think I know where the guys at Konami got the inspiration...

And Stage 6 (Port Town) is basically this...

A Nother great game should be in to NeoGeo collection.

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
Don't care for this game,and shows that European's shouldn't make Neo Geo games.
Especially when they overprice them.
Fuck Bitmap fuck NG Dev team. ADK for life.