FFRBS MVS Cart error

NeoKuroyume

Quiz Detective
So, on my copy of RBFFS I get a green screen with blocks when I try to play it in my 4 slot. On my cmvs, it comes up with an error after the Neo Geo splash screen. I ran the crc check and it says the rom region is no good but the rest are fine. When I take the board out and plug it in, I can pull up slightly on the back board and the game will work and the crc check says the rom region is ok. Any way to fix this issue? Thanks

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Sounds like you just need to clean the edge connector of the cart really good. Might as well go ahead and clean the slots on the motherboard too.

NeoKuroyume

Quiz Detective
I've done both multiple times already. Do you think there's a possibility the contacts on the cart are worn down?

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Did you clean with an eraser or just IPA? Could be a dry solder joint on one of the P ROMs I guess too.

NeoKuroyume

Quiz Detective
Used a hi-polymer eraser on it. I was actually wondering about the dry solder joints cause it looks like there are a few. Maybe I'll try to reflow them a bit when I have a chance this weekend. Thanks for the suggestions, very appreciated.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Check the PCB for hairline crack(s) near the edge connecter (it happens). I'm assuming this is the PROG board if you mention board in the second slot.
BB

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If it's a 4 slot, make sure you have all the board spacers installed on all slots or at least 2 to prevent the board from flexing. If you need spacers, hit up Lions3. Board flex on the 4 and 6 slot cause problems like this even if the cart and slot are clean af.

NeoKuroyume

Quiz Detective
Thanks, Ill be sure to check out the board for crack in that area. It happened on cmvs(before my daughter broke in anyways) and on my 4 slot as well. I checked out his site but didnt see the spacers. Curious to how that works.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thanks, Ill be sure to check out the board for crack in that area. It happened on cmvs(before my daughter broke in anyways) and on my 4 slot as well. I checked out his site but didnt see the spacers. Curious to how that works.

Send him a message here or on the site.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I was referring to the PROGBK1 board of the cartridge just for clarification.
BB