FED EX? NOT AGIAN!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Long story short. I ordered something and FEDEX stated they dropped it off on the doorstep at about 2pmish. I look outside,nothing there.Now I've never had a problem with porch pirate because it doesn't happen on my block. I'm not ruling this out because there is a first time for everything. I asked my neighbor to check her camera BUT at the wrong time.I thought they dropped off 11am EST but it was 11am PST which is 2pm EST.
I've had idiot carriers drop parcels off at my house several times and I do the right thing and place the parcels with there rightful owners and I would hope the same would happen for me so we'll see later today.My belief is that FEDEX dropped it off at the wrong house but if a porch pirate was bold enough to take it, I'm anxious to see who did it.
This particular parcel was very inexpensive but still..wtf!?
I will report back on this matter later because I've just about had it with FEDEX.
BB

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It is very scary ordering online in America, imo.

Over here, they'll call your phone number to make sure you're home and then you can talk with them about how to place the shipment.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Happen to me 3 times past couple months w/ USPS. I cant even get a hold of my local post office on the phone to report missing. Yesterday i got one of them.

As for fedex it has happen a couple times like that saying it was delivered front door but a week later it arrives.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Which courier company would you guys say is the best- UPS, FedEx, DHL?
DHL is probably the best, IMO.
USPS is different, as it's the national postal service.

Don't they all have problems sometimes? Especially now, with Covid.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Just spent the past week tracking down a mis-delivered package. They actually had to review the UPS drivers GPS data to find the block it was dropped on, and while I was going door to door, i luckily saw the package sitting inside someones house in the hallway and went back once the owner was home and got it. I would have been out $350 if i never managed to find the package. Bullshit.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Over here, they'll call your phone number to make sure you're home and then you can talk with them about how to place the shipment.

you can ask fedex to require a signature or call.

Which courier company would you guys say is the best- UPS, FedEx, DHL?
Don't they all have problems sometimes?
Especially now, with Covid.

I used to sing the praises of USPS, but some political bullshit has happened there with the postmaster trying to dismantle it, so USPS is garbage now. Things that used to take days now take a week minimum, and I recently had to wait a month for a blu ray. It was sent priority. That used to mean something in this country.

Fedex and UPS are both "ok". I don't recommend them because their offices are closed on the weekends. Time never sleeps. I'll still ship with USPS because I refuse to let it go quietly into the dark night. It's a service for the people, and it should be made to work for the people again.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I used to sing the praises of USPS, but some political bullshit has happened there with the postmaster trying to dismantle it, so USPS is garbage now. Things that used to take days now take a week minimum, and I recently had to wait a month for a blu ray. It was sent priority. That used to mean something in this country.

Fedex and UPS are both "ok". I don't recommend them because their offices are closed on the weekends. Time never sleeps. I'll still ship with USPS because I refuse to let it go quietly into the dark night. It's a service for the people, and it should be made to work for the people again.

This. All of this. I still hold out and ship USPS but the delays are killing my soul. USPS was always my favorite, especially for anything under a couple of pounds. FedEX/UPS just isn't worth it for smaller parcels usually.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

You could do the same over here. Just request a signature. Calls are great if you're able to pick up the phone and not busy at work. Going to pick up the package is a great option as well if they were open late hours and on weekends. It's much more convenient just leaving the package at your doorstep. Unfortunately shit happens. Post office has been fucking up. Ever had much of a issue with UPS or FedEx. I guess it depends where you live.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Long story short. I ordered something and FEDEX stated they dropped it off on the doorstep at about 2pmish. I look outside,nothing there.Now I've never had a problem with porch pirate because it doesn't happen on my block. I'm not ruling this out because there is a first time for everything. I asked my neighbor to check her camera BUT at the wrong time.I thought they dropped off 11am EST but it was 11am PST which is 2pm EST.
I've had idiot carriers drop parcels off at my house several times and I do the right thing and place the parcels with there rightful owners and I would hope the same would happen for me so we'll see later today.My belief is that FEDEX dropped it off at the wrong house but if a porch pirate was bold enough to take it, I'm anxious to see who did it.
This particular parcel was very inexpensive but still..wtf!?
I will report back on this matter later because I've just about had it with FEDEX.
BB

what you describe is a weekly occurrence for me.
Sometimes they mark it delivered so they can go home, and it magically shows up at the next delivery.
sometimes its delivered down the street.
sometimes it never shows up.

all mail carriers.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I've only had this problem with FED EX recently. Every other carrier is pretty reliable.Now some of the third party places like Amazon and door dash screw up sometime but that's just me receiving somebody else's stuff in which case they have nothing to worry about.
Anyway, I called FEDEX and they just blow you off via their mail system after adding the tracking #. I mean if the carrier states it's been delivered,that's the law and the final word apparently.
Anyway, I told my shipper to call them up and handle it.I don't like how easy it is for FEDEX to get away with this sh8t! They need to be hit with a HUGE class action lawsuit!!!
BB
what you describe is a weekly occurrence for me.
Sometimes they mark it delivered so they can go home, and it magically shows up at the next delivery.
sometimes its delivered down the street.
sometimes it never shows up.

all mail carriers.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I’ve had over a dozen packages shipped with FedEx this year, domestically and internationally, with absolutely no issues whatsoever. I consider them to be the more reliable choice over USPS at the moment.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
USPS has been ROCK SOLID in my area for quite sometime <KNOCK ON WOOD> I mean there are delays and that's understandable but I have had great success with them this last decade and some change which wasn't the case when SNK was in it's "hey day".It used to be FEDEX TOP NOTCH and USPS crappy....
BB

This. All of this. I still hold out and ship USPS but the delays are killing my soul. USPS was always my favorite, especially for anything under a couple of pounds. FedEX/UPS just isn't worth it for smaller parcels usually.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
A few months back I heard someone blaring metal music across the street. I just assumed it was some dope in their car. As I walked down the street I noticed it was coming from an unattended FedEx truck as the guy delivered packages. Music as loud as it could be....

I lost a few fedex packages for the weeks that guy was on the job.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
A few months back I heard someone blaring metal music across the street. I just assumed it was some dope in their car. As I walked down the street I noticed it was coming from an unattended FedEx truck as the guy delivered packages. Music as loud as it could be....

I lost a few fedex packages for the weeks that guy was on the job.
He sounds fuckin cool

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Each of the different FedEx services operate semi independently. In my area Express is great, Ground is decent and Home Delivery is fucking useless.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I've never had a problem with FedEx. If anything, my packages have been arriving earlier than the projected delivery dates, same with USPS and UPS. Sometimes my USPS stuff gets a bit mutilated in transit, but, that's usually shit I don't care much about anyway like flyers, not boxes.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Agian?

giphy.gif

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Amazon is getting better about taking photos of packages left outside. Really makes it easy to know if a package was delivered vs. stolen. And when a package is delivered to the wrong house, it makes it a lot easier to track down. Really wish this was standard for all carriers. Only takes an extra few seconds each stop.

Regarding package thieves, consider putting some large plant pots next to your door if possible. Makes it easy for package delivery people to put packages between them and the wall. If thieves can't see there's a package from the street, they're less likely to walk up to the door. Motion-detection cameras are also helpful to know if a package is delivered and/or stolen. I've heard thieves are getting more brazen these days and that visible cameras aren't as likely to deter them, but at least you know the whereabouts of the packages.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I got in touch with a human today,found out the shipper called last Friday and about an hour later FEDEX dropped off the parcel....
FEDEX came through my block earlier before I called customer support and then about an hour later they returned with my parcel.WTF?
Anyway,I received it and that's that.

BB

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Damn, that sucks.

I've mostly had trouble with On-Trac. Guy yelled at my wife saying he delivered the packages to my house, when i personally drove 2 blocks over and picked my packages up off of someone else's porch. Just because the street number is the same, it doesn't mean you're at the right house. You have to check the name of the street too, lol.

I hope you get your stuff!

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member

I remember this from when I sold on Ebay. You had to put a phone number on the address to ship something to China. But most Chinese buyers knew this, so they would email an image you could just print to put on the package that had their number and name written in Chinese.

@M

20 Year Member
I got an email from Walmart this morning that they're going to do 2-day free shipping tomorrow on orders over $35, and I can just imagine the mail delivery companies simultaneously grinding their teeth in fury and cackling madly. I doubt much of that shit will actually get to its destination in two days, as they're already badly swamped, but, I may try placing an order out of curiosity to see if they can deliver.

@M

20 Year Member
So, I ordered $45 worth of stuff from Walmart.com this morning, but, while I got free shipping, it wasn't 2-day for everything like the emails implied (got another one hyping it this morning too). One of my items is supposed to come on Monday, the 28th, and the other two a little sooner, the day after Xmas, Saturday the 26th. Maybe I missed something in the small print and it was only for particular sale items? I figured it was too good to be true, but, I still got free shipping regardless, and the stuff was all shit I was going to buy anyway.

If anybody else happens to order something from them before the 2 PM cutoff point today, I'm curious to know if you got the 2-day shipping for free or not.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
FUNNY THAT THIS WAS BUMPED.After praising USPS they have went AWOL from the 9th .I purchased a few items from a member on this site back on the 7th.USPS stated shipments are running late but will be there. The item shipped from Vermont on the 8th and arrived here at the airport on the 9th where it's been sitting in a facility with the last update being the 13th.
I haven't seen a USPS TRUCK for like ten days but UPS and AMAZON I see everyday chugging along.
I received an item from UPS and it appears they have their sh8t together at least in my area.I was updated several times by them and the parcel arrived when they stated it would..
BB

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Yeah, USPS is more screwed than FedEx service right now. I’ve had packages I shipped out take 6 days to get to my local USPS facility, and that’s only a 45 min drive from my house. First Class packages I’ve shipped have taken 10-14 days for delivery, and Priority Mail isn't any better. Also, I had a package shipped to a member here with FedEx home delivery with no issues and only a 2 day delay over standard estimated delivery times for that service. It was a much better bet than USPS.