Favorite MVS board design?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
SNK sure did make a lot of them.

There's multiple board models that share the same plastic/metal shell and board size, only one of each board style is being considered here.

MV1:

mvs1.jpg

MV-1F / MV-1FT / MV-1FS:

$_35.JPG

MV-1A / MV-1AX / MV-1FZ:

a20he.jpg

MV-1B:

f0q8hk.jpg

MV-1C:

NEO-GEO-system-motherboard-1C-SNK-MVS-Main-Board-for-multi-cartridge-Arcade-game-mamchine-accessories.jpg

MV-2F:

neo_mv2.jpg

MV-4:

https://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mQYFxF4wfNgZOm5VN-idJ4g.jpg
(can hardly find any decent sized images of one)

MV-4FT:

mvs4slot_game.jpg

MV-6:

zldimp.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Gotta be the MV-2F for the onboard memory card reader, audio jacks, sturdy design, metal top and great compatibility.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm gonna be weird here and say I really like the MV-1, its huge its bigger,badder,better and fuck you if you don't have the cab space.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
MV2F for CMVS, MV4 for wood cabs, MV1B for candies. All the boards have their pros and cons but they're all great in their own way. For example the MV1 can do it all, MC, Controller ports, credit lcd, stereo jack, headphone jack. It's bulky as hell but a great board nonetheless.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
my first mvs board was a consolized mv-2f. after that they were all mv-1b. two of my favourite boards.

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
I've got a consolized 1FZ and I love it. Great for an MVS newbie like me as tasks like opening it up and swapping out the Unibios is dead simple as it's socketed rather than soldered.

It also looks aestheticly pleaseing as it doesn't dwarf the other consoles on the shelf.

Having said that, nothing would be better than a 4-slot cab in the room anyways so surely the correct answer has to be the MV4.

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The MV-6, just because having six games on tap seems amazing. One day I'll have a cabinet, just need to buy a house first

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
MV1F and the 2 slut. 1F for Jamma and ease, 2 slut for it being still only 1 layer.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
MV-4FT, it's very architectural and has that shabby David Fincher look. I also feel the cipher 4 is an SNK icon, i.e. 4 credits, the 4th difficulty (a.k.a. MVS), Viewpoint's level 4 boss etc. etc.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
MV-4FT, it's very architectural and has that shabby David Fincher look. I also feel the cipher 4 is an SNK icon, i.e. 4 credits, the 4th difficulty (a.k.a. MVS), Viewpoint's level 4 boss etc. etc.

Ugh, you can make it to lvl 4 on VP?