Favorite fighter from each series

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
KOF: 95
FF: MOTW
SS: II
AOF: 1

And I don't play World Heroes or Last Blade, so I can't pick from those or any others.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
KOF '95
AOF3
Samsho II
Fatal Fury Special
LB2
WH Perfect

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
KOF 96
Last Blade 2
Real bout fatal fury special
Samurai shodown 3
Art of fighting 3

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'm going to stretch teh borders of interpretation by a bit:

NM's (belongs to Gekka series, since they shared programmers)
SSIII
WW7 (Sunsoft series)
AoF3
MotW
AoDK (out of all arena fighters like KotM)
Double Dragon (Technos series)
KoF '98

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I was going to do the same thing with a few games like

Breaker's Revenge
Rage of The Dragons
Kizuna Encounter

...but then I realized that's pretty stupid and pointless, that's not really what this thread is about. So let's stick to the plan and do it right.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
KOF '98
AOF2
Samsho III
RB Fatal Fury Special
LB2
WH Perfect

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I was going to do the same thing with a few games like

Breaker's Revenge
Rage of The Dragons
Kizuna Encounter

...but then I realized that's pretty stupid and pointless, that's not really what this thread is about. So let's stick to the plan and do it right.

I don't find your extra choices stupid at all. I take Kizuna, Matrimelee & Breakers then. They all share characters, fighting engines, names etc. and if there's two of them, it qualifies as a series. If it doesn't, then LB falls out of the equation, too. They're just two games. I'd even go this far as to break the Garous in at least two parts: FF-FFIII and RB-RB2. In three, if counting MotW. And I'm anxious to hear your definition of the term series. We're lacking one, so let's make this thread vital to this vindicated question.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Series as in share the title in common, I think that's the general rule, nothing else. Breaking down so much takes away from the real goal of this thread, what are the most favorite games out of the iconic series on the Neo.

KOF
FF
SS
LB
AOF
WH

Everything else is not solidified enough to be a series, not even Savage Reign and Kizuna Encounter. Not even the Double Dragons. Why would NM be along LB, makes no sense whatsoever, regardless of the team. Matrimelee cannot go along with anything else, not even ROTD, just 'cause is Noise Factory doesn't make it a series.

At the end making variations and intricacies steal the chance to observe the very favorites out of a solid line up of series.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves
The King of Fighters 98
Samurai Shodown II
Art of Fighting 2
World Heroes Perfect
Last Blade 2

Waku Waku 7 might be my favorite overall though. It's either that or Garou.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Series as in share the title in common, I think that's the general rule, nothing else.

Thanks for the explanation. It's solid enough, tho not without problems. But those aside, if this is the case then Breakers & Revenge count, so does Reign & Kizuna. The former are obvious, the latter share names in their Japanese original: Fuun Mokushiroku (as you know).

Edit... yeah, there's the solidified argument, but it's too arguable & open to interpretation. I agree with the Dragons though.

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
KOF: 98
FF: MOTW/FF3
SS: II
AOF: 1
LB: 2
WH: Perfect

Note: MOTW is my favorite for the gameplay. FF3 is my favorite for the intro, I turn that shit off after I watch it a couple times.

Last edited:

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
For me.

1. KOF98
2. MOTW
3. Art3
4. SS4
5. LB2

I thought these only 5 games that I am accept for best fighting in neogeo. I always play WHP often but still no fun really. If you have neogeo system, I would like you pick this 5 fighting games :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
STFU and pick a WH already god damn it. The fuck you think, so let's get the games you want us to get, really? I mean all the noobs pick MOTW, all of them, bunch of noobs. SS4...great game...but really SS4? lol.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
STFU and pick a WH already god damn it. The fuck you think, so let's get the games you want us to get, really? I mean all the noobs pick MOTW, all of them, bunch of noobs. SS4...great game...but really SS4? lol.

Like I said, it's my opinion friend. WHP is not good for me really and SS I like 2 and 4 but I often play 4 more than 2 ;)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You're right it's your opinion, what I don't get is why are you saying this...

If you have neogeo system, I would like you pick this 5 fighting games

...really, fuck that, let people pick what they want just like you want me to let you ignore WH ok, is that easy.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
...really, fuck that, let people pick what they want just like you want me to let you ignore WH ok, is that easy.

It's too late.
I am under mahesak's spell.
I will pick whatever games you like mahesak, for you have the most game (many WHP).

yes..yes..

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
yes yes, 3 copies of each WH, one for the shelf, two for the shelf, 3 for the shelf...

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
real bout 1
king of fighters 97
art of fighting 2
samurai shodown v special

i could easily pick a favourite out of every series but fatal fury. i picked real bout 1 because it has the most nostalgia value for me, but i do regard real bout 1,2 and fatal fury special on an equal status.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
KOF 95
FF RB2
AOF 3
Last blade
SAM SPIRITS 4
FUUN Kizuna encounter

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Series as in share the title in common, I think that's the general rule, nothing else. Breaking down so much takes away from the real goal of this thread, what are the most favorite games out of the iconic series on the Neo.

KOF
FF
SS
LB
AOF
WH

Everything else is not solidified enough to be a series, not even Savage Reign and Kizuna Encounter. Not even the Double Dragons. Why would NM be along LB, makes no sense whatsoever, regardless of the team. Matrimelee cannot go along with anything else, not even ROTD, just 'cause is Noise Factory doesn't make it a series.

At the end making variations and intricacies steal the chance to observe the very favorites out of a solid line up of series.

Agreed.